Return to Website

Forum Zone
Australian Bird Forum

Leave a message here. Tell a bird related experience or story.
Do you have any comments, questions or something to discuss?
Look through other questions and reply with your point of view.
Visit back regularly to help others by joining in.
For Classifieds go to http://pub42.bravenet.com/classified/show.php?usernum=3595906780
To Upload and View bird Photo go to
http://pub42.bravenet.com/photocenter/addfiles.php?usernum=3595906780

Forum Zone
Australian Bird Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Photo Centre
Birdkrazy has asked for the ability to post photos to share pictures of her "beloved feathered friends". I have now added a Photo Centre. If you have a photo that you want to show, you can upload the photo tohttp://pub42.bravenet.com/photocenter/addfiles.php?usernum=...
Views: 628   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2005 9:18pm
by birddealer.com
Forum Zone - Australian Bird Forum
Forum Zone - Australian Bird Forum. This Bird Forum has just been restarted 22/05/2004. Do you have any bird related questions or something to discuss? Post a message here.
Views: 766   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2004 5:35pm
by birddealer.com
s
Sohail
infertality of fischer
hi, i have some breeding pair of fischer lovebird in colony, they clutch 4 to six eggs but fertile only one egg they incubate long perid not 23 days.please suggest me what can i do for solve my problem. thanks Sohail
Views: 441   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2007 4:37am
by Sohail
p
pete
Alexandrine breeding problem
hi all, this breeding season wasnt a particular good season, i bought a breeding pair of alexandrine parrots and put a divider up in my main avairy and had my yellow ringnecks on one side and the alexandrine's on the other. The alex's laid 4 eggs but they failed to h...
Views: 547   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 3, 2006 9:00pm
by birddealer.com
c
Conway
Gouldian sneezing
Hello I have a male Gouldian Finch who is constantly sneezing. He seems to breath with his mouth open. I am new to keeping Finches, I only have the one pair of Gouldians, so I haven't seen this before. I am thinking it might be air sac mites? Any advice on thi...
Views: 777   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 30, 2006 8:13pm
by birddealer.com
c
Colin
Birds & Aviaries
Hi all, we have just acquired an Aviary and would like to know what birds can co-exist happily together. We have 2 Cockatiels and 2 Quail at this stage. Thanks Colin
Views: 543   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 26, 2006 10:17am
by birddealer.com
j
Jenny
Silver Gulls
Hi, I work in the Westfield Southland shopping centre in Cheltenham. Over the past few months when working late at night, I have been shocked by the quantity of seagulls who have chosen the roof of the shopping centre to roost on at night. First I could hear their...
Views: 536   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 5, 2006 9:50pm
by birddealer.com
p
Pece
Birds sale site online
www.petsbid.com.au Has anyone been to this website at the above link? I found it while I was searching google for pet supplies.
Views: 558   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 14, 2006 7:13am
by birddealer.com
r
rose
galahs
hi all I know this is probably pointless I know you can't ship Australian species out of Australia but I am hoping someone can help us . We are looking for some galah eggs for sale. We were scammed just after Xmas by a gentleman selling eggs our kids want to hatch an...
Views: 581   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2006 6:43am
by rose
h
harry
Red rumps
Does anyone know the incubation period for these birds after they have layed their eggs
Views: 508   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 27, 2005 2:42pm
by Brown's Bird Ho...
l
lozzie
scaly lorriket help
can anyone pls help me i have a scaly which i have hand rasied from an egg she is 12 months old, she went every where with me etc. now she has taken to biting me i cannot do her food or water as she tries to bite me every time if she sees me coming towards her cage s...
Views: 548   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2005 7:22pm
by lozzie
Identify a wild bird
G’day, everyone! Can you help me identify this sparrow-size bird: Click here for the picture page The picture was taken by the Cullyamurra Waterhole on Cooper Creek in May. TIA
Views: 507   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 25, 2005 10:05am
by Greig
Ibis
Last year we planted some new pasture (10 acres) replacing former apple orchards around the house - some lawn and some for grazing. We have now been joined by a majestic flock of up to 40 Straw Necked Ibis which patrol the area. While they look good, we have also hea...
Views: 477   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 8:39am
by Roger Turner
c
cathy
advice about hand raising a baby regent parrot
hi i am after any advice regarding saving this little fella, he is approx 8 days old now i rescued him from a friends??? aviary his mum hathed him on the ground and left him to look after her other eggs he had been alone for 3 days...cold and starving. i have been...
Views: 525   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2005 7:51pm
by cathy
how to keep wild finches out of my avairies?
I have a complex of 7 avairies build out of heavy birdmesh but the wild finches [ chestnut siskin finch] keep flying in and having a good feed of all the seed. I am worried that they infesting my birds with lice and that my own birds qurrent with young won' have enou...
Views: 540   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2005 8:42pm
by vesna_alex
s
steve
young orangebreasts
i have 4 female and 1 male orangebreast finches all are at least 6 months old and full in colour but unlike their parents they have white in their plumage either on the edges of the wings or small blotches on their bodies and head,could they be classed as pied and wh...
Views: 546   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2005 9:39am
by steve
HANDRAISERS GROUP STARTING
We are trying to start a group for bird handraisers, This group will offer freindship, advice and info for everyone who loves handraiesing birds. Its just started but already 14 members have joined on the first day, we want this group to become a valuable too for ev...
Views: 533   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2005 10:24am
by kim allen
Virgin Blue Cancelling - Small animals Freight " petition
A petition site has been set up to stop the cancellation of the freight so everyone pass it on get friends anyone you know to sign the more we get the better the chance, put it on all of your groups, web sites, newsletters, remember all small animals in Australia are...
Views: 501   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2005 4:26pm
by australian Show ...
b
Birds
A great team
Here is a great bunch of people willing to help out any time. http://smileysbirds.proboards26.com/index.cgi
Views: 576   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2005 5:21pm
by Birds
SOFTBILL WEB SITE & FORUM
Softbill Web Site at: www.softbillgroupwa.com Softbill FORUM also available, access from Home Page. ALL the TOP Softbill breeders are on the FORUM.
Views: 574   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 6:38pm
by NETMASTER
k
karen
Yeah!!! An Australian bird forum!!!
Good to see. I've been hoping we had one here - I visit the US ones often and it's great to see their passion! So...my question....I'm looking into purchasing a hand-tame kakariki. I already have 4 tame cockatiels and am wondering if it's safe to have them all out on...
Views: 1088   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 2:21pm
by Tassie
t
Tassie
What happened to Bird Forums on Australia Petlink
Iam Tassie from Australia Petlink. The bird forums went off Australia Petlink sometime in July last year after a bit of trouble on the Dog Forums there and I reguly posted on Australia Petlink about my Indian Ringnecks Fritzie and Greenie. I be appreciated if someo...
Views: 578   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 2:09pm
by Tassie
s
Storm
Help!!! I need to find a breeder of Madagascan Red fody's in Australia
Hi, Can anybody help me find a breeder of Madagascan Red fody's in Australia...I aquired two Males and in desperate need of a female, I really want to observe the breeding proccess of this interesting bird. also called the madagascan red weaverbird, Red Fody. I own...
Views: 616   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 28, 2005 8:35pm
by birddealer.com
k
Kylie
Short Beaked Corella giveaway to good home
Maybe this might get somebody's attention. In response to requesting help for found bird. As I am quite an amateur perhaps someone with more experience would be willing to take him off my hands. regards kylie
Views: 617   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 16, 2005 4:57pm
by kylie
s
Sarah
Quaker Parrot?? freighting??
Hi, I have found a Quaker parrot for sale on the Australian Pet Link site. I was just wondering if anyone knows how safe it is to freight a bird from Queensland to Adelaide? Does anyone know what happens if the bird unfortunatly dies via traveling? is the frieght com...
Views: 584   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2005 4:49pm
by Sarah
g
Gordon
Fischer's Lovebird
Hi my names Gordon and my passion is breeding Lutino fischer lovebirds. I live in Sydney and I'm really looking forward to chatting to all you bird fanatics. I have a little web site that concentrates on a successful breeding formula for good healthy Lutino fischers....
Views: 568   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 25, 2005 9:21am
by birddealer.com
g
Glynn
rainbow lorikeet breeding
despite my rainbow lorikeets appearing to be sexually active all eggs that have been laid are unfertilised. if anyone has theories or reaoning for this dileema it would be much appreciated. thankyou.
Views: 557   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2005 6:58pm
by Glynn
k
Kylie
Found Bird. How to reassure him that I won't hurt him!!
Hi everyone. I have found an injured corella on the road in a town nearby. I placed my leather jacket over the bird, picked him / her up and brought it home. didn't give much of a struggle at all so I assumed that it must have been a domesticated pet. After placin...
Views: 520   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 4:15pm
by Kylie
anything pet
hi guys ive just started my own business so if you need anything at all pet wise email me at stumbleau@firedream.net and i can get it cheaper than any pet store im based in perth but can ship nationally so drop us an email and we'll satisfy your pets need
Views: 673   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 3:59pm
by Kylie
Calling any Mallee Ringneck Breeders out there?
Hi, wanting to see if anyone knows a person breeding Mallee ringnecks in Brisbane. Been looking for a breeder and can't seem to find one. Please help if you can...
Views: 512   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2005 3:19pm
by D Murphy
j
Judi
lorikeet
I'm looking for a male lorikeet to breed with my female I don't want to buy one just lend but have no idea where to start looking any help would be great
Views: 533   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 16, 2005 9:03pm
by birddealer.com
g
Gran99
New Finch Owner - Help!
Just today received two baby - very young zebra finches. I believe they are both female. This afternoon the smaller of the tow started 'attacking' the larger one. It has lost feathers and appears to have a wound on the breast. No vet available till afternoon tomorr...
Views: 546   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 12, 2005 6:28pm
by Gran99
Crossword question
need a word for 'brown finch' - I have -i---t. have used web but no luck.
Views: 550   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 7, 2005 7:40pm
by birddealer.com
breeding black cockatoos
hi, when is the breeding season for samueli red tail black cockatoos
Views: 608   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2005 10:43pm
by arthur pappas
k
Karen
featherless Lorikeet
My Lorikeet, has large patches of missing feathers with down feathers in their place,and has been like this since I found him. He is fed on Wombaroo nectar mix and fruit and for a while I was giving him a vitamin supplement. I thought with good diet the problem would...
Views: 624   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2005 9:28am
by Karen
j
Jason
Breeding Peachfaces
Hi, i was wondering where i can find information on breeding peachfaces, i have a pair that have laid eggs in their food dish, it is a cone shaped self feeding dish which is around 20cm deep, i have noticed three eggs in there. Do i take the eggs out and put them in...
Views: 605   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2005 8:02pm
by Jason
s
SS
Kookaburra Mania
http://www.dvxuser.com/cgi-bin/DVX2/YaBB.pl?board=Offtopic;action=display;num=1108077700;start=0#0 Hey check out these pictures i took, does anyone know anything about the brown bird that attacked it? why did it attack?
Views: 516   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2005 3:10pm
by SS
j
jimmy
african greys
i am after a private breeder who breeds african greys in melbourne area if you know anyone please email me at meanxb351@optusnet.com.au
Views: 557   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 9, 2005 4:00pm
by jimmy
j
JP
Visiting SE Australia
Greetings to all. As an American, I have been to your country once for some great birding and have decided to come back for round two! I am on my way to East Gippsland for some birding March 18-24. However, I have been surprised at how little information I can fi...
Views: 562   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 9, 2005 1:22am
by JP
j
Johnno
For Sale
Hello all. I have a few parrots i want to sell. 2x Red caps $200 each 1xM 1xF 2x Rainbow lorikeet,s $200 each 2xF 3x Peachfaces 2xgreen 1xyellow $10 each sex unknowen Pair off finches with cage $40 Contact John 0422 744 786
Views: 662   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 3, 2005 9:17am
by Johnno
z
Zaid
Help about Bird handler/ trainer for Ring Neck
I have a 13 week old RN, it has been hand reared but beacuse I bought it at bout 10 weeks old, it had been reciving little attention for a few weeks hence lossing most of its freindlyness, and beacuse I have little experinace in birds im finding it hard to tame him....
Views: 568   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 31, 2005 5:45am
by sue nielsen
plucking feathers
I was given an adult male indian ringneck just before christmas. he had been pulling his feathers out at that time. i have no idea on how to stop him doing this. i have changed his diet,put toys in the cage,let him out twice a day and handle him often.help!
Views: 470   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2005 5:31am
by sue nielsen
p
Paddy
Featherduster Budgie
I breed Tiels, Mallee's, Ringnecks, Lorries, Scarlet Breasts and Turks, but NOT Budgies. We were given a Featherduster Budgie to give as much care as possible for its short life. I would appreciate any mediaction of Care instructions in this regard. It is just out...
Views: 629   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 30, 2005 7:36am
by davo
k
Kell
Corella grinding beak?
Hi, can someone plz help me? I just bought a long-billed Corella and it has just began to settle in. He lets us pat him and doesn't bite at all. But he seems to be grinding his beak all the time. Can anyone tell me what this means? Also, can you tell me what...
Views: 592   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 28, 2005 11:47am
by birdkrazy
k
Karen
Platinum Cockatiels
Hi, Can 'anyone' please help me. I have platinum hen which I am wanting to breed from. Can anyone tell me which coloured males will allow me to produce 'some' babies with the Platinum colouring?? Also does anyone know which colours would have been bred for my hen t...
Views: 686   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 21, 2005 2:44pm
by MotherHen
a
arthur
galahs
looking for someone who knows about galahs, imean really an expert, arthur
Views: 637   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 19, 2004 1:38pm
by Kathy
t
Toni
Infertile eggs?
Hello, I have a breeding pair of cockatiels. This is the first time they have bred and at the moment they are sitting on 4 eggs but they have been in the box now for about 5 weeks. One egg hatched 2 weeks ago but died the next day. I haven't candled the eggs yet but...
Views: 615   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 7, 2004 3:24pm
by Frank
j
julia
marauding blackbirds
Every year about starting around now we have trouble with blackbirds coming into the house. As soon as they find an open door they will head inside and leave droppings all over the carpet and furniture before making an escape. This goes on for several months (corre...
Views: 591   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 7, 2004 10:03pm
by arthur
d
david
zebra finch habits
i have recently finished building a suspended aviary. i have 3 pairs . a charcoal , pied and what i think is isabel but the female is beige completley no markings. The isael **** wants to breed with everything but his hen is a loner and wont interact with any at all...
Views: 560   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 24, 2004 8:59pm
by arthur
Finches/breeding
I have two zebra finches, one male and one female, she has started laying eggs, but all over the place, some in the nest, but they are fairly spread out, as in physically far apart. the nest is made in an old colander (In hindsite, too large) I had put a bought finch...
Views: 659   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 11, 2004 7:37pm
by birddealer.com
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet