Return to Website

Forum Zone
Australian Bird Forum

Leave a message here. Tell a bird related experience or story.
Do you have any comments, questions or something to discuss?
Look through other questions and reply with your point of view.
Visit back regularly to help others by joining in.
For Classifieds go to http://pub42.bravenet.com/classified/show.php?usernum=3595906780
To Upload and View bird Photo go to
http://pub42.bravenet.com/photocenter/addfiles.php?usernum=3595906780

Forum Zone
Australian Bird Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help about Bird handler/ trainer for Ring Neck

I have a 13 week old RN, it has been hand reared but beacuse I bought it at bout 10 weeks old, it had been reciving little attention for a few weeks hence lossing most of its freindlyness, and beacuse I have little experinace in birds im finding it hard to tame him. Iv heard that there are bird trainers which can tame birds and teach them to do tricks/talk etc..
I realy love my bird but because he has a tendency to bite he frightens the children, and hence I have to release him or sell him which I totally dont want to do. IS there a bird handler/ trainer close to where i live. Please help.

Where are you from? Roselands,Sydney

Re: Help about Bird handler/ trainer for Ring Neck

Hi Zaid. You could try placing your bird down your shirt if he will stay there and going on with your daily routine. This will get him used to your smell and voice. Try to handle him as often as possible to keep the union going. It would be good if other family members could do the same. Repeat short phrases or single words for about twenty minuites twice a day. This will help the bird to talk. Build or buy a play gym as this will encourage play and tricks. NEVER release an aviary bird into the wild.They cannot fend for themselves and will die. Patience and persistance is the key. Always supervise children around your bird and try to get them to speak and touch gently. The bird will respond gently with time. Birds usually don't respond well to strangers but, if he grows into an outgoing personality, he will show off to anyone. Just give yourself and your bird a bit of time. Go to your local pet shop and get a good book on indianringnecks. Happy birding. regards, Sue

Where are you from? burpengary qld