Return to Website

Mark Roeder Discussion Board

click banner on the left to return to the main site.

Mark Roeder Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Halloween World
I've just been reading "The Soccer Field is Empty" (haven't gotten too far) and I'd like to know if Halloween World is a real amusement park. If so, I totally wanna go!! It just thrills my little goth soul, lol. Um... anyway... I just found out about Mark's novels...
Views: 102   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2002 1:03pm
by Avadeia
congratulations on a most interesting and original site...makes a better da
day for me sitting here in Bermuda mid atlantic....Marks writings are not so much escape as a road to r3eality...Many thanks to you all..Tony
Views: 66   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2002 11:51am
by A Tony Block
Mark's Novels
I have read several of Mark's novels online and enjoyed them all. In my opinion, the best one by far is "The Soccer Field is Empty". I guess that makes sense though because all the other novels are sort of spin-offs from it. Thanks for writing such great books. T...
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2002 11:33am
by Kabir Altaf
r
Rick
NEW CHAT ROOM
Hey there, all... Just wanted you all to know that Ken and I have set up a new chat room to go along with this site. There is a Java interface link from the site. You only need a web browser to access the room. However, if you do have an IRC Client (I recomme...
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2002 7:32pm
by Rick
a
Anne
Thanks... if I may...
First - english is not my native language, so sorry if I sound strange. Second - for all the books I read, I might be a gay boy, but I'm not. I'm a middle aged gay friendly mom. Sorry for that too though it's something I can't help. Third and main - a couple of...
Views: 89   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2002 5:50am
by Anne
Re: Re: Re: Re: Kind of embarrassing
Hi Winterstone, Yeah, after I saw that Mr. Donaghe had stolen my first book, because he found my chicken scratch writing in the Big Chief Tablet and decided to publish it, I had to stop and think awhile. Then I decided that maybe he did it to help gay kids, and af...
Views: 89   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2002 1:13pm
by Will Barnett
m
Mike
Re: Re: Re: Re: Kind of embarrassing
Sorry, the above post was written by Me.... gotta remember that 'name' field in the upper corner (bang, bang, as I hit the side of my head)... --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:I have read Uncle Sean, and thought it was great! (You can see my rev...
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2002 4:39am
by Mike
Re: Re: Re: Kind of embarrassing
I have read Uncle Sean, and thought it was great! (You can see my review on Amazon (Amazon nickname 'winterstone'). I look forward to reading Lance.. didn't know it existed... I am glad you liked Mark's books, as he is an awesome writer... I understand he is goi...
Views: 73   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2002 4:37am
by Anonymous
Re: Re: Kind of embarrassing
Hey, Little Buddy! Thanks for the response. If anyone wants to email me when they've read my journals, they can write to willbarnett2002@yahoo.com --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Hey Will, Thanks for writing to the board. I've read both Un...
Views: 78   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2002 1:47pm
by Will Barnett
Re: Kind of embarrassing
Hey Will, Thanks for writing to the board. I've read both Uncle Sean and Lance and love them both. Ron is a great guy and a fantastic writer. I hope all the readers here will check out his books at www.iuniverse.com. I've also enjoyed getting to know you through y...
Last Post: Mar 21, 2002 12:03pm
by Ken - Mark's web...
Kind of embarrassing
Just wanted to say that I think Mark Roeder's books are great; but I did want to introduce myself. Though I'm not an author, Ronald L. Donaghe has found my journals as has begun to publish them. He did it without my permission, because he had no idea how to reach me...
Views: 96   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2002 11:32am
by Will Barnett
m
Mike
Re: Mark's books are great!
I had to write as soon as I finished 'Keeper of Secrets'. What an amazing book. Amazon will not allow posting on this book yet (for some reason, although they did last week), so as soon as I can post a review, the following is what I am planning on saying: Amazo...
Views: 58   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2002 12:50pm
by Mike
m
Mike
Mark's books are great!
What can I say about Mark's books! I was one of the lucky ones that got to read them in the correct order. I have been hooked on them from day one. I just got Keeper of Secrets in the mail, and am already devouring it. It amazes me how Mark is able to intertwine...
Views: 79   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 18, 2002 10:43am
by Mike
s
Steve
Keeper of Secrets
Mark has done it again. Keeper of secrets reaches down to your most inner sole, and pulls out emotions that you never knew existed. After every novel Mark seems to elevate his writing to new boundries and takes us to places like no other author can. If you haven't...
Views: 96   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 10, 2002 3:15pm
by Steve
No Subject
Wow! I just finished A Better Place and let me say i'm still in shock. It was by far the best book I have ever read in my 30 years. I can't wait to get all the rest of Mark's books. The only thing that was a drawback is that ABP is the 3rd book in the series so I...
Views: 53   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2002 9:39am
by Anonymous
j
john
A Better Place
I wanted first to say that A BETTER PLACE was one of the best gay novels that I have read for quite some time. I found Mark's technqiue of alternative perspectives from chapter to chapter a clever way to capture the unique personalities of each character. Living in...
Views: 109   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2001 5:13pm
by john
Yes, I answer emails
I don't make many posts on this board, but I do read them all. I also answer all emails, although I can't always get to them immediately. I love to hear from those who read my books.
Views: 112   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2001 3:21pm
by Mark Roeder
k
Kelly
All of your books I guess
Hey, I just was searching for gay literature on the internet, and I found Ancient Prjudice...the title hooked me, I'm a big shakespeare fan. But, after reading it, I was crying....I wanted to thank you. Too many people ignore that kinda thing...my older 'brothers' we...
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2001 3:27pm
by Kelly
c
Chris
Re: A Better Place
I just finished reading the new book. One again it amazes me how much these books apply to my life. I also love how they are all connected in their own way, letting you get to know each character from every book even better. Thank you Mark for writing these, and I ho...
Views: 79   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2001 3:08pm
by Chris
b
Brad
Mark, I just wanted to thank you so much for the writing that you have done! I have read all of your books. I just finished reading A Better Place online, and it was absolutely wonderful! I live in such a homophobic community, that when I read your books I feel like...
Views: 75   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2001 3:01pm
by Brad
c
Chris
I wanted to thank you Mark for these great books. I apply some of the things you put in your books to my everyday life. It makes everything a little easier knowing that there are people out there that think and feel the same way that I feel. I also really like how yo...
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2001 2:50pm
by Chris
r
Ralph
I wanted to thank you Mark for these great books. I apply some of the things you put in your books to my everyday life. It makes everything a little easier knowing that there are people out there that think and feel the same way that I feel. I also really like how yo...
Views: 87   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2001 2:50pm
by Ralph
Hey all, One of the perks for being webmaster for Mark's site is I get to read the early drafts of Mark'snovels. I have read several drafts of A Better Place. Trust me, this is Mark's best novel yet. So keep watching this site and we will let you know how things are...
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2001 2:41pm
by Ken - Webmaster
A Better Place
I'm hoping to finish my new novel, "A Better Place", by the end of the year. I'm currently working on another novel, currently titled "Do You Know That I Love You", that is in its first draft. It's about a young rock star, a teenaged boy, and... Well, I don't want to...
Views: 108   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2001 2:32pm
by Mark Roeder
i`m am very happy to see your board come along
i`m am very happy to see your board come along.
Views: 78   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2001 2:28pm
by boysisland
d
David
the author
These books give a fresh and honest view of gay youth. It is nice to read books that give some idea of gay teen's problems. I look forward, eagerly, to reading any and all of Mark's future books.
Last Post: May 19, 2001 2:25pm
by David
Welcome to Mark's Discussion Board and Web Site
Hello everyone, Just wanted to welcome you all to Mark's web site and discussion board. This is the place where you can ask Mark questions, tell others what you think of his books, make suggestions for the web site or almost whatever else you would like....
Views: 98   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2001 2:21pm
by Ken - Webmaster
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet