Salcha Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Home Insurance

Hi,
We use Rural Alaska Insurance; their parent company is Umialik out of ANC. Office here in FAI is off 5th and S. Cushman, just east of the bus station.

We just got a renewal notice that had a slip in it which stated they don't offer flood insurance. Everyone else is only too happy to offer that if you need it. An elevation certificate is something like $500.

You might ask them what the replacement cost per square foot is these days, so you can make sure you have adequate coverage. I updated mine a few years ago, and it didn't break the bank, but we've got an older stick house.

While at it, if you happen to be in a flood-prone area, the FNSB has a new ordinance for Floodplain Management, Title 15.04. It's helpful for retrofitting if you're compelled; might help hold the premium down. Stupid question is the one that goes unasked.

Hope that helps!

Re: Home Insurance

Thanks MDS! I just received a quote from them late this afternoon so I'll work that tommorow. I'm glad you replied and that you have info on their company... makes it a bit easier. I will not need flood insurance since I'm not in a flood-prone area but thanks for the info.

Nick