The GoGo Board

A great place to meet fellow travel enthusiasts, make new friends or stay in touch with old ones. Please post a message or sound-off. We would love to hear from you!!!

The GoGo Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
big al's list

Hi Group,

Well, the Dog Day’s of Summer are upon us. How did we ever make it before we got Air Conditioning? I don’t have it in the Chevelle yet, but I haven’t even put those power windows in yet that Nu-Relic gave Jim and me such good deals on! Eric at Howard Upholstering keeps asking when we can finish my interior but I have to get off my butt first and do those windows.

Get those flyers in to have your event listed. Scan your flyer and E-mail it or write all the information in an E-mail to BigAlsList@sbcglobal.net or send a hard copy to Big Al’s list at 488 Monroe Blvd. in Painesville, Ohio 44077. Please Please Please put all the needed information on the flyer like the street address ( number & street ) and the city and state along with a contact phone number and hopefully an E-mail address.

UPS has issued a warning about a new computer virus circulating as an attachment to emails purporting to originate from the "UPS Packet Service." The warning is authentic. The virus is real. The bogus Packet Service messages claim a parcel sent by the user was undeliverable due to an incorrect address. The user is instructed to open an attachment containing a copy of the invoice. The attachment actually contains a virus which may infect the user's computer. As a general rule, Internet users should always be wary of opening unknown file attachments, and maintain up-to-date antivirus protection on their computers at all times.

Hey Racers, Ken from Thompson Raceway Park has let me know that they finally received and installed their long awaited Daktronics Timing System. The 3 foot high L.E.D. lights are a great improvement over the old system. Rumor has it that they are so bright that you should be able to read them from Chardon. This should make the racing more interesting to spectators because the old scoreboards were impossible to read in certain conditions. These are just in time for the Asphalt and Air Wars taking place on August 30 with some real bumper dragging Wheel-Stands!

Did you say you missed the cars at Good Guys in Columbus this year? Fear NOT!!!! My main man “Trans Am Dan the Photo Man” shot close to a thousand pictures for your viewing pleasure on www.BigAlsList.com I’m not sure but I think he developed a bad case of “Shutter Finger”. Thank goodness that new camera of his has steady-vue because his pictures are better then ever! By the way, did you know that there are over 50,000 pictures on the website in the Photo Gallery for your pleasure from Dan and a few other Photographers?

The Pat O’Brien Chevrolet-East 2nd. Annual Car Show for pre 1973 Cars in Willoughby Hills on August 2 will have some Super Awards and is held in Memory of Ronnie Cline & Patti Horvath along with the Heart Association, Hope to see you there!

Don’t forget to check out some of those great deals on Big Al’s Car Corral and Classifieds. The guys are needing to sell those rides to help pay bills. Also check out the Wanted pages. You just might have that part that someone is looking for. While I am talking about it, check out the Cool Links Pages too! We have been adding links to those pages right along and there are some very helpful links up there now.

The Solon Super Cruise on August 9th. was a complete sell out again this year. When you have a good cause and some really good prizes, that’s what happens! Now lets hope for some good weather!

Well, the decision of which Cruise to attend in Boardman on Saturday night has finally been settled. The Sheperds Self Storage Cruise will stay on Saturday night and the Chili’s Cruise has moved to Wednesday Night. That will give the area a better balance for weeknight cruising. Same great hours, just a different night.

Hey Guy’s, Do you have a 1984 or newer U S Automobile that you need to find a wiring schematic for? I needed one for my 99 and got a 75 page schematic for only $11.99 sent to me in PDF format. You own the file and can print all or part of it as needed! A trouble shooters dream come true! The website is www.ahdol.com but you don’t have to remember that, I put a link to it on my Electrical Vendors page under Electrical.

Another great event coming up is the Great Lakes Auto Group 5th. Annual Classic Car Cruise In held in Ashtabula On August 23 promises to be another winner of a show. Be ready to roll your sleeve up when you get there, as the Red Cross Bloodmobile will be present looking for some donations.

The 7th. Annual Classic Car Show at Rideout’s IGA in Painesville for Juvenile Diabetes Research will be held on August 29. All proceeds go to the Foundation, so please show up and have a good time!

The Labor Day Coats for Kids Cruise at Boulevard of 500 Flage in Eastlake will have even more SENSATIONAL prizes this year! They will give away at least FOUR 6-foot tall trophies to the cars entering the grounds and still there at 5 pm. You