The GoGo Board

A great place to meet fellow travel enthusiasts, make new friends or stay in touch with old ones. Please post a message or sound-off. We would love to hear from you!!!

The GoGo Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Al's List July 2008

Hi Group,
I have added some new pages to the website. It’s all about Titles. How to get them, Where to get hem, Who to call, What do you need when you go after one. Go to www.BigAlsList.com Click on Vendors, then click on Titles and State Rules. I have compiled a listing of every states BMV websites plus some links to generic pages of information and a link to what to do when shipping a car overseas or looking for a salvage title. Also a few title vendors names and numbers. If you have something to add or want on the vendors list, send me your information.
The Steel Valley Super Nationals out did themselves again this year, was it a blast or what. Show Cars, Drag Cars, Funny Cars, Dragsters, Burnout Contest, Show & Drag Bikes and some things that defy description! This show just keeps getting better every year!
This coming weekend, Thursday July 3 is going to be the “Asphalt Wars” at Thompson Raceway Park. With a total purse of $3,500.00 there’s some real “Heads Up” racing going on! The U.M.T.R with the Wheel Standing Bumper Dragging Stick Shift Cars. Gates open at 11 am and racing starts at 6. For more information, go to www.ThompsonRacewayPark.com or www.umtrnorth.com
Gathering of the Eagles XIII will be July 11 to 13 this year and you can view some our vintage airplane and vintage cars at the same time. Check the details out in the listings.
Back to the 50’s weekend will be held from July 3rd. to the 6 this year and it also gets bigger and better each year! A Cruise you just do not want to miss is also coming up. The Saxonburg Big Cruise 2008 put on by the Kruzin Knights Car Club.
July 18th. to the 20th. will be the big Car Parts Swap Meet, Car Show by Dave & Ed’s in Canfield, Ohio. Believe me, if there is a part to be had or sold, this is the place to do it. Just make sure you have a comfortable pair of shoes on cause there is a lot to see!
With the weather being like it has this year, you might want to check it out before leaving home. I have added some new weather links on Big Al’s weather page that you might find VERY HANDY!!!! Go to www.BigAlsList.com click on “Weather” and in the Ohio section check out Big, Bigger and Biggest. These links have some really good radar views for our area!
Just a note to some of you Event flyer tossers. Look at your Flyer, about 25% of the flyers don’t have enough information to find your Event. Then to top it off, many of you don’t put a contact phone number or E-mail address. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!! And another thing to consider, with us old farts getting into the today’s world of technology most of us have a GPS. This means we need a real address with a number and a street name. With the price of GAS, I don’t want to cruise all over a city to try and find your event! Help us help you. If you need to cancel your event, send me a note right away and if I’m not out on the road at the time I will post it for you. Thanks!
Big Al’s List Car Corral, Classifieds, and Wanted pages have been getting new items daily, check them out to see if there’s something up there you just can’t live without! Or maybe you want to get rid of some items, list them, it’s easy!! Just go up to www.BigAlsList.com and check out the website! Thanks for all of the Car Show, Swap Meet and Cruise listings that you have sent in. You keep me burning the midnight oil, but I Love it!! Keep them coming. Sorry that I don’t have all those pictures from the events up in the Picture Gallery yet, but I’ll try to get them up there real soon!
Happy Cruising
Big Al
PS. Please don’t forget as you are enjoying your 4th. of July Freedom Party’s and watching the fireworks what it all means. Those fireworks represent the “Bombs Bursting in Air” that OUR Soldiers, yes, our Brothers, Sisters, Moms, Dads, and OUR Children have fought for. Why do the TV stations not show us many scenes from the “Battle Front”? They try to hide the fact that it could be happening in OUR hometowns if it weren’t for OUR Troops doing it over there. Please, as you enjoy your Freedom, Thank those who are fighting and dying for us.