The GoGo Board

A great place to meet fellow travel enthusiasts, make new friends or stay in touch with old ones. Please post a message or sound-off. We would love to hear from you!!!

The GoGo Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So how was your summer and Labor Day?

Hey Gang,
Can you believe another summer is behind us? WOW where did it go? Every year when spring hits, after a winter that never seems to end here in NE Ohio, my goals for summer are laid out but seldom do I ever complete the list. Oh well, next year.
My summer started with a Memorial Day camp out with Mark & Becky and their family followed immediately afterward by a screwy breakup which we don't need to go into. Sandwiched in the middle months of the season was a trip to Florida, 4Th of July at Coulby Park, a fun week house sitting at Walt's, a trip to Meadeville, Pa, seeing President Bush, Geneva on the Lake, an Italian Festival, trip to Boston & New York, and work picked up, so it was a productive but quieter summer than average for me. No drive in, backyard get the neighbors mad cookouts, car shows, day trips or cookouts. And yes the Go Go Bus sat quietly parked in my yard.
It was a summer of ending a relationship, parting ways with another that was a hard decision and telling someone else its best to let things be. But an old time friend returned and made new friendships to fill the void. This paragraph could lead into my next Hey Gang email.
As for this holiday weekend with so much to do around here, house - yard work - and work on the rentals coupled with being moody, which we don't need to discuss why, I was going to stay put. But Jeff M. and Mary came over Saturday night and we took a ride out to Geneva on the Lake. Then on Sunday Walt picked Jeff and I up and paid for my admission to the Geauga Fair to watch the Tractor Pulls. Thanks Walt!
Have you ever been to a tractor/truck pull? Well you can blink and you won't miss much. Still it was fun watching them lumbering down the track, spewing exhaust and the ear numbing noise. It was interesting.
While Walt was watching the pull I snuck off with Jeff to get drinks. We were walking around looking for my coffee and went to this one stand. I was about to pay for the cup when the lady told me just keep the money. Thanks again Lady who ever you are. Then we went to buy an elephant ear. I asked the guy if he could cut it in half so Jeff and I can share it. He said just don't say anything I'll give you another one for free. So also thank you once again sir who ever you are. Those little actions just made me smile and it was hard to stay in a down mood, hey it doesn't take much to please or humor me.
Labor Day the blessings continued. Sharon called and had tickets to the airshow. Still needing to get things done and feeling blah was going to stay home but I didn't want Sharon to go alone. I'm glad she prodded me into going and I decided to keep her company. I was never interested in going to an air show watching planes zoom by, it seemed boring to me. Well let me tell you, this you don't want to blink you will miss something. Its AWESOME! You really need to experience an air show. So thanks Sharon for the admission into the show and thanks very much Allen for giving us a parking pass which saved us bunches and inviting us to eat at the volunteers pavilion with you. The ham sub and pizza were delicious and the cold drinks were much needed after walking around in the blazing sun. It was a nice ending to the Summer. Yeah I know we still have weeks to go but really once September hits, its all down hill.
So how was your summer and Labor Day?

Gotta Go Go!!
Your Friend Always,
Carey