The GoGo Board

A great place to meet fellow travel enthusiasts, make new friends or stay in touch with old ones. Please post a message or sound-off. We would love to hear from you!!!

The GoGo Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hello from Boston

Hey Gang,
Just a quick update from Boston - what a city! I'm lovin' it. The hotel we're staying it is great. Hotel MIT. Look it up on line. The elevator looks Star Trekish, the furnishings in the room are very retro modern, the bath tub is huge. After our walk back (to save $2 each subway fare) to Cambridge from Boston, oh about an hour plus walk which the locals lied and said it was 20 minutes, that tub came in handy. It has a wide rim perfect to hold my coffee cup while soaking. Even the shampoo is different, its mint. And the bed with the down pillows and the 50 pound down comforter is so comfortable, man did I sleep good.
The hotel is right next to a supermarket, what a super market. We have a micro in the room so we did shopping to save on cash. For supper I bought a Jamaican meat pie, with Chinese egg rolls and American bbq chips. For drink I tried raspberry ginger ale. The store has so much variety, for instance it has 3 brands of milk.
Boston is way more international than I expected. I thought it would be filled with all white Irish Catholics. Nope. Even more surprising is the large Italian section. The narrow streets, all those Italians, and those smells - from the deli's and restaurants not the people.
But speaking of smells, I need to go, they have free computer service but its in a very small enclosed room and the lady next to me smells like sheep, a herd not just one. She's from Va., probably the hills of Va..

Write more later, miss you guys,
Carey