The GoGo Board

A great place to meet fellow travel enthusiasts, make new friends or stay in touch with old ones. Please post a message or sound-off. We would love to hear from you!!!

The GoGo Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
car shows n events

Full Speed Ahead in the Midwest
Here are a few of the events from our huge list.

Shows - Cruise-Ins - Swap Meets

Are you planning on putting on a Car Show, Swap Meet or Car Cruise?
Big Al's List a set of check list that you may want to go over when putting your event together. It list's many of the things you might need to know about putting on your Event. Disc Jockey's, Food Vendors, Show Classes, Car Shows, Cruise In's, Judges, Freebies for Door Prizes and Bands! It never hurts to have the knowledge. Take a peek and see the suggestions. Click here to check it out.

Hey Gang, Have you ever been to the Happy Days Car Cruise in Downtown Beaver Falls? I have been hearing about this Cruise for many years and have never made the trip. Well, this year, some of the guys and I are planning to go check it out. It is a 2 and a half mile cruise with sounds coming from 8 DJ's and everything else you could want. This is held on June 8 and starts at 1pm. I'll be looking for you! ---more info---

The Presque Isle Region AACA Show will be held on June 9 and always packs in the crowds. Come early as space is limited and only 1988 and older cars will be allowed in! ---more info---

The Kars for Kids Shriners Show will be held on June 2 and benefits a very good cause, Childrens Hospitals. There will be tours and Good Food. Call 814-875-8700 for information. ---more info---

The Big Event for June is the VSRA Ohio Nationals taking place on June 21 & 22 at the Medina Fairgrounds. This is a Vintage Event which is Pre-1949 only! We will have a Pinstripers Panel Jam with some of the Nations Best! Thursday night Cruise to the Medina Square, Friday night cookout for participants of the show right at the Fairgrounds, 25 Top pick Awards on Saturday Afternoon, there will be a Swap Meet all 3 days as well as a Car Corral and food vendors to give you all types of food. Members car entry is $30.00 and non-members car entry $40.00, while walk in spectators are $5.00 for both days and 12 years and younger are admitted Free.
A 10' x 20' Swap Meet Spot Outside is $20.00, the Car Corral is $20.00. On Saturday afternoon we have the X Chromeatones playing Music while the Top 25 Pick Awards are presented! Registration is Thursday 12pm to 4pm - Friday 8am to 4pm - Sat 8am to 12pm.
We are still looking for some additional Vendors to set up at the show and we have plenty of space for the Swap Meet and Car Corral. Being we are a young club we have very low prices and any automotive parts can be sold and any vehicle in the Car Corral. You can see all the details and downloadable forms plus Motel & Hotel room availability on BigAlsList.com VSRA page or go to the VSRA website at www.VSRA-USA.com

Some other events coming up you might not want to miss are CruiseTown Erie on the 7th and the Fabulous 50s Sugarcreek Show on the 7th and 8th as well as the Mayfield Village Cruise-In also on the 8th. Three Major events that are Great!

Fill out your list of parts you need and bring that list of "Wanted" parts to Pittsburgh Parts-A-Rama held at the Butler County Fairgrounds on June 14 to the 16th. This is Pennsylvania's biggest Swap Meet and as always Butch Rocco and George Welsh holding down a corner of the meet Don't miss this great event! ---more info---

If you are looking for Very Top Of The Line Antique vehicles don't miss Stan Hywet Fathers Day Show on June 16th. Bring your camera as these are one of a kind Vehicles that you won't see at the Cruise In! ---more info---

Don't miss the Open House at the Hutter Performance Center in Chardon on June 29! These are the people that have built the motors that we watch at the Winners Circle! Take a tour of the facilities and see what makes some real Horse power. See the Race Cars and watch a Dyno Test while munching on a hot Dog. You know I'll be there! ---more info---

Weekly Cruises

The Quaker Steak and Lube Mentor Cruise-In is on every Sunday Evening and getting more cars every week. It helps that they give away a gift certificate every 20 minutes! Food discounts too. ---more info---

Future Events

Time to put the "Petal to the Metal" for the 2014 Summit Racing Equipment I-X Piston Powered Auto-Rama. The Swap Meet and Toy Modeler spaces are on sale NOW. There are a limited number of spots on the floor for these featured areas at the show. There are ONLY 116 Swap Meet tables and 52 Toy Modelers tables. You can get your application on-line at www.pistonpowershow.com or contact Jim Kostas, Senior Sales Consultant on-line at jameskostas@ixcenter.com or 216-265-2623. Vehicle registration is open for the 2014 Summit Racing Equipment I-X Piston Powered Auto-Rama. Registration opened on May 1, 2013. We will see you out and about all summer long! Steve Legerski - One I-X Center Drive - Cleveland, Ohio 44135 - Show Manager: The Summit Racing Equipment I-X Piston Powered Auto-Rama - 216-265-2514: Office - slegerski@ixcenter.com

Racing

Don't miss the Holley NHRA 11th Annual Natio