The GoGo Board

A great place to meet fellow travel enthusiasts, make new friends or stay in touch with old ones. Please post a message or sound-off. We would love to hear from you!!!

The GoGo Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"WINTER COOKOUT/FREEZEFEST"

Its that time of year when sensible people stay indoors and all others head to the....

"WINTER COOKOUT/FREEZEFEST"

The event that brings new meaning to the word coldcuts.

Its held on the last Saturday of this month and for those of you who can't figure that out its SATURDAY February 27th the day after Friday the 26th.
Time 6:30 till the rangers yell LEAVE NOW!
OR come early if you like to help set up as I will be there from about 2pm.
Place: North Chagrin Reservation - Strawberry Lane.

Excitement is building - donations have been flooding in. Bruce dropped off a bundle of premade logs back in November, my sister Cindi donated a 30 cup party perk, Jamie said he has grills for us to use and Rich bought cabbage salt & pepper shakers - just what every cookout needs. Make sure you get your photo taken with them.

JOIN THE FUN - JOIN THE MAYHEM - JUST JOIN ME SO I AM NOT ALONE STANDING OUT IN THE COLD!!!!

Bring your own grill-able and one dish for all to enjoy. I should have most everything else, plates, etc..... But feel free to bring what ever, the more the merrier. Though, I am asking if everyone could please bring one pack of pre-made logs, price about 4 bucks, for back up.
Games, excitement, laughs, frozen food, what more could you ask for.

GoGo items will be available to buy. 50 cent grab bags with decent junk. Maybe even a raffle! Free magnetic flags for your car while the last so come early.

PS: Please post on the board for all to read any and all questions. Just look for the cookout posting. www.gogobus.cc
If you want to see previous Freezefast photos go to the events page for February.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heres the directions:
Take Rt 90. Exit at the Rt. 91 - Som Center Rd. - Willoughby Hills exit. Turn left off exit. Go exactly 1.4 miles to the park entrance on the left. Landmark is a church about 500 feet on the right called Friends Church before the park entrance.
After taking left into park proceed to stop sign. Directly in front of you will be a park sign that says Strawberry Lane. Turn left. Almost immediately is a parking lot, take a left into the second entrance. The shelter house is about 500 feet back to the right of the lot. Its a long path, go past the outhouse, keep going until you see us. Bring a flash light. It gets dark at night.