The GoGo Board

A great place to meet fellow travel enthusiasts, make new friends or stay in touch with old ones. Please post a message or sound-off. We would love to hear from you!!!

The GoGo Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
winter events

Hey Gang,
Its winter and I am bored - already? YES! I have cabin fever and its only just begun. So here is a few events that I would like to do.
One is my Bad Movie PJ night, Bad as in B movie. Movies so bad and scary that they will leave you sleepless for weeks, don't look under the bed! Pj's as in flannels no see through night gowns. January 17 my place, time about 8'ish so we can watch more than one flick. Everyone bring a munchy, Carey's kitchen will be closed that night BUT I may have my deep fryer on for fry's.
Next..... An afternoon into early evening trip to Pittsburgh to eat at a restaurant Jeff found. From Cleveland its only 135 miles. Prices are very reasonable, so all we need is gas and food money. Date Jan. 24th, time how about 3ish?
Lastly, I know of a cottage that is very reasonable in price, fully stocked, with fridge, micro, stove, bed etc.... Its a 2 bedroom with extra beds in the living room and kitchen. Its in Hillsboro, Ohio. This is a quiet trip, not to much excitement other then scenery some hiking trails, but its a cozy refreshing break from the norm, a chance for me to visit an elderly friend of mine Emerson Babbington who has been sick as of late and a chance for you to spend a weekend with me telling my world renowned jokes and witty humor. Not sure when the date for that is. But open. Lets hear some feedback but do so on the website so I don't have to play messenger between everyone.
Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

This is a teaser of the restaurant Jeff wants to visit on Jan. 24th:

Burgers are half-pound meat mounds. Sandwiches are large served on Italian or Russian rye bread. They include corned beef, roast beef, ham, capicola, salami, or turkey. All are big enough to split with a bowl of their well-known wedding soup. Main courses of note include veal parmigiana and an interesting chicken limone: a boneless breast in a white wine and lemon sauce with mushrooms. The pizzas here are made from scratch, as are the calzones and stromboli. A lighter (relatively speaking) option is the range of garden salads ... well-named, as they are about as big as a garden. For large quantities of food at a very reasonable price

Re: winter events

Aside from the hiking, this all sounds like a lot of fun. I hope to see you soon.