Salcha Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Announcing Something New for Salchan Women

Hi,

From One Wife and Mother to Another, a new resource for Interior Alaskan women located right here in Salcha, is now up and running.

From One Wife and Mother to Another offers free classes and other things to Interior Alaskan women all in the spirit of friendship, fun, and learning.

If you are interested in more information, please visit the website at http://www.fromonewifeandmothertoanother.org .

Thank you for viewing this message.

Most sincerely,
Nikki Hunter
(907)-488-3784

Re: Announcing Something New for Salchan Women

You mean 'wives and mothers', not the rest of us. ;-/

Hi,

In reply to the "you mean wives and mothers, not the rest of us" comment, I apologize. Everything offered is for any Interior Alaskan woman single, married, or widowed. The name "From One Wife and Mother to Another" was just a little slogan that was thought up years ago that I trademarked, so I stuck with it. I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else by the name and will try to think of a new one. I do appreciate your pointing out that the name can come across the way it does.

Most sincerely,
Nikki

No biggie, I was kind of let down by how the post was titled; not that I've got anything much in common with wives/moms unless it's fishing or hunting that I've noticed (third wheel feeling)---First Magazine is about as close as I get!!

It's all good.

mds
No biggie, I was kind of let down by how the post was titled; not that I've got anything much in common with wives/moms unless it's fishing or hunting that I've noticed (third wheel feeling)---First Magazine is about as close as I get!!

It's all good.

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry that I let you down with the title.

I take it that you're not married. I have an adult daughter who is not married who would really like to get to know other Salchan women. She'd also like to learn more about the Salchan and Alaskan outdoors; I take that by your mentioning hunting and fishing you may enjoy outdoor life. Her number is 488-3784 if you'd like to meet her or get to know her. She organizes the single women's part of From One Wife and Mother to Another (http://www.meetup.com/fromonewifeandmothertoanother-tm/).

Though I am a wife and mother, I enjoy getting to know all types of women and making new friendships. That's one of the reasons that the group mentioned in this thread exists - as a way for Interior Alaskan women to meet others and develop friendships. You are welcome to call or e-mail me anytime (488-2191), maybe we can get together for a cup of coffee or something and just chat woman-to-woman.

Thank you again for your reply, I appreciate your honesty and helping me to see the need to be more clear with my wording. It's nice to be in contact with you!

Most sincerely,
Nikki