Salcha Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
American Cancer Society RELAY FOR LIFE

Looking for team members to join our team! If you have never heard of the Relay for Life, let me explain. It is held every year at the West Valley High School Track. It is held for 24 hours. It starts May 29 at 6 pm and ends May 30 at 6 pm. I have started a team and would like to get as many Salchans as possible. I have done this for 15 years, my mom is a cancer survivor. There are always 6-7 of us that stay the whole 24 hours. We set up a tarp and tents. It is a good time and wonderful to see how many people come out to support this event. You can come walk for an hour or as long as you can. We try to raise as much money for the team as possible. This is done by donations from friends, neighbors, relatives. Fundraisers are a great source of donations also. Something like a spag feed or garage sale work great. This event is to honor both survivors and those who has lost their battle with cancer. If you have any questions or would like to join, please contact me!!! If you have any ideas for fundraisers or ways to get donations, please let me know! The bigger the team, the more fun we have. There is also a silent auction held at the Relay. Our team name is Sweet Sizzling Salchans. You can register by going to fairbanksrelay.com and look up the name and sign on! It is free to sign up. You can also donate to the team if you can not join us!