Return to Website

Sheffield on the Internet Forum

Forum for you to have your say on issues affecting Sheffield and district. All subjects are fair game but please keep it friendly and be respectful. You are responsible for all that you post.

Sheffield on the Internet Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Hallamshire Hospital - Info / Help!

Hi,
A close relative of mine will shortly be staying at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital and I will be spending lots of time in Sheffield. Does anyone have any information which may be useful, such as places of interest / things to do nearby? I have a car but what is the public transport like? What facilities are available locally? I might have a few hours to kill each day between visiting. How close are shopping centres / supermarkets etc? Also, does anyone one know if and how it's possible to get a car park permit for the hospital and how much they cost? Any info greatly appreciated.
Thankyou
M

Re: Royal Hallamshire Hospital - Info / Help!

Hallamshire Hospital is a short walk away from the Supertram route so getting into the town centre is easy. It's not all that far to walk also. The route takes you along West Street with its many bars and restaurants. University is nearby.
Tram will take you to Meadowhall Shopping Mall if you like.
Sheffield is a big city with all types of entertainments - cinemas, theatres, sports centres, swimming, and so on.
Try a trip into Derbyshire - plenty to see and do there for the outdoor types.

Re: Re: Royal Hallamshire Hospital - Info / Help!

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the info, very useful and very much appreciated. How far by tram / car is meadowhall? And do you know where the nearest supermarket is?
Thanks again,
M

Re: Re: Re: Royal Hallamshire Hospital - Info / Help!

Plenty of shopping in town centre or up the hill to Broomhill (see Fulwood Rd for Broomhill on this map - NB make sure the URL is all in one signle line with no gaps -
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=434000&Y=387000&width=500&height=300&client=public&gride=435844&gridn=393217&keepicon=false&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=S59GB&advanced=&lang=&scale=10000&left.x=11&left.y=15

Hallamshire Hosp. is between Stone Grove and Glossop Road.
Meadowhall is maybe 7/8 miles away. We think it's £2.50-ish for a day saver ticket on the tram.

Here's a web site for the Hallamshire - http://www.sheffield.nhs.uk/hospitals/hallamshire.html