NCBS Stolen & Missing Instrument Information Page

This is the Northern California Bluegrass Society's national infomation page for stolen and missing musical instruments. This page can be used to announce the theft or other loss of musical instruments, updates on subsequent investigations, and news about the recovery of instruments. The forum is HTML-enabled, so that links may be added to other websites that contain pictures and other detailed information about the instruments. The NCBS does not warrant the accuracy of any information posted. Contact the source for details. Good luck to all!

NCBS Stolen & Missing Instrument Information Page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Multilple Gibson Instrument & Kay Bass

Here's a list of guitars that were stolen from a Seattle home this week:

'56 Gibson ES-225t tobacco burst (missing pickguard)
'58 Gibson ES-125 tobacco burst (bigsby tailpiece and dice for knobs that are glued on so probably will be sold that way)
'68 Gibson SG jr. cherry finish (covered with stickers)
'76 Gibson Thunderbird bass tobacco burst (This has a zip tie across
the bridge to hold the saddles on when I broke strings, also covered with stickers)
'77 Gibson L-6S cherry finish
'67 Harmony Rocket tobacco burst (replaced pickups with chrome-covered
p-90'S)
'58 Kay Swingmaster tobacco-burst (all original)
'50s half-scale Supro red (I replaced the original pickup with a black
dog-eared gibson P-90)
Dan-Electro Longhorn bass (white/blue)
Gibson (probably 80's) Les Paul Special
Musicvox Spaceranger

Re: Multilple Gibson Instrument & Kay Bass

STOLEN GUITARS AND ELECTRONICS

SUSPECT DESCRIPTION

Seattle PD asked that I circulate this description as reported by a Seattle music shop (thank you!) The list of guitars and electronics is below, too.:

"Young man, maybe mid 20s, roughly around 5, 8" with short black hair, a thin beard around his neck, dark eyebrows, roughly around 130, with light brown skin. He was wearing athletic clothes, and a baseball cap. " He also seemed to be "fairly sketchy and in a hurry. " He did not have guitars with him but said they were "mostly Gibsons."

The police request that you "appear interested, but say they can't buy right now b/c the boss isn't here (or something like that) and to get contact information. Then we can get the contact info to the police who can try to make contact themselves."

Seattle Police Dept case ID: 09-431122

Guitar List THE GUITARS DO NOT HAVE CASES. PICTURES OF SOME GUITARS ATTACHED.
'56 Gibson ES-225t tobacco burst (missing pickguard)
'58 Gibson ES-125 tobacco burst (bigsby tailpiece and dice for knobs that are glued on so probably will be sold that way)
'68 Gibson SG jr. cherry finish (covered with stickers)
'76 Gibson Thunderbird bass tobacco burst (This has a zip tie across the bridge to hold the saddles on when I broke strings, also covered with stickers icl sticker that says "girls kick The Jimmies ass")
'77 Gibson L-6S cherry finish
'67 Harmony Rocket tobacco burst (replaced pickups with chrome-covered p-90'S)

'50s half-scale Supro red (I replaced the original pickup with a black dog-eared gibson P-90)
Dan-Electro Longhorn bass (white/light blue)
Gibson (probably 80's) Les Paul Special
Musicvox Spaceranger

Other items that might show up:
Macbook 13" laptop (white) s# W88284W70P1
Digital SLR Nikon D-80 camera, lenses, memory s# 3213240

Digital Olympus camera
iPod Classic 120GB black plus charger s# 8M8417R92C7
1950's BB gun
camera accessories, chargers, etc
costume jewelry (brooches, etc. necklace with pics of Julie & her brother)
white with suede flower detail Coach purse
black Coach purse (small "hobo" style)

Timbuk2 bag lime green & purple (this is custom and unusual)

52" Samsung LCD TV, red frame

Tivo HD XLR DVR S/N 658-0001-8066-6D56
BACKGROUND
My friends Julie and Denny Bartlett had their house robbed Tuesday afternoon, December 15th, 2009. Among a lot of other things, 10 guitars they had collected over the years were taken (Denny played in NW local pop punk Sicko and Julie played in San Diego's Drip Tank and Chinchilla back in the day).

The house was trashed, lots of expensive and sentimental items taken, but they left expensive amps, etc (though looks like they made an effort to make a mess--even dragging down the Christmas tree).

If you happen across anything on the list below, please feel free to email or phone me 206-349-5438. The list is at the end of this email. Denny lost his favorite guitar (though apparently Julie's was too beaten up and got left behind). We're trying to get photos and serial numbers, though they took the laptop with the pictures on it, so we may have to piece something together from old shows.

Here's a post from The Stranger on the guitars:
http://lineout.thestranger.com/lineout/archives/2009/12/16/someone-stole-sickos-guitars-jerks

One easy thing to look for--one of the guitars has a sticker of a chinchilla (the animal) on it and another has letters spelling "foxy." Other notes below on distinctive traits & other things stolen with the guitars.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide and happy holidays! Amy Bensinger 206-349-5438