Return to Website

Mark Roeder Discussion Board

click banner on the left to return to the main site.

Mark Roeder Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
I would have to say yes to a lesbian...

I have to say one of my problems with the books is that thee are an unordinatley huge number of gay guys in vorona, not that that is neccesarily a bad thing but it ins't very realistic, a lesbian would put fourth a much different perspective on the town, as would any bisexual character as well, esspecially if the bi character was explored during Ancient Prejuduce era when homosexuality was largely put down. I mena, what would a bisexual character (whether male or female) think about the feelings they were having for the same gender when they also ahve feelijngs for the opposite gender, I'd think it would be even more confusing especially in a time when the exppectation is to be straight. In short I am for a lesbian because one of the things that I love to see is different persepctives. Oh and while wer eon that note I loved Avery's perspective in "Keeper of Secrets." Wow, I have too much to say and to long opinions... Hope someone repsonds to this.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm not sure I see the reasoning for adding a lesbian to Mark's books. If anything, I think other writers might want to have their own Lesbian Gay Chronicles. When I read Mark's books I like the fact that there is a central list of characters. The books are really about Ethan and Nathan, Brendan and Casper, Ralph and Jordan, Sean and Nick, Taylor and Mark. It's not about the exclusion of others. Just my humble opinion.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was just thinking... there are so many gay men in Verona... a lot of gay representation, but not one lesbian. That would widen the scope a little, I think, if you were to add a gay FEMALE to one of the future books in the Gay Youth Chronicles.

Actually, it would be pretty funny if there was a closeted gay boy and a closeted gay girl going out with each other, both hiding their secret from the other one.

So... yeah, just a thought. Bye-bye.

Re: I would have to say yes to a lesbian...

I think your right, I think the reason that Mark wrote the series of books is to help kids who are different in that serent whay and I think that he probably never relay though that a lesbian character was neceserrary seing as he probably felt that any peorson could change the characters in the book and make it work for them. About perspective I think that the perspective in anyone ehter lesbian or gay is the same the felleing of being allone . But I think your right when you sed that a bie peorson could have defenetly made the books more interesting.

P.s.: I think that you probably forgot but there is a lesbian character in one of the books the one called a " Better pLace " but her part was kind of short .