Return to Website

Mark Roeder Discussion Board

click banner on the left to return to the main site.

Mark Roeder Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mark's books are great!

I had to write as soon as I finished 'Keeper of Secrets'. What an amazing book. Amazon will not allow posting on this book yet (for some reason, although they did last week), so as soon as I can post a review, the following is what I am planning on saying:

Amazon Review to be Posted by Mike Heine (Amazon nickname 'winterstone')

"What a wonderful story of how a person can change! I got a copy of Mark's book last week, and being such a fan of his, I could not wait to read this one! And, I can honestly say, I think this is one of the best books he has written! That is saying alot as ALL of his books are GREAT!

Mark Roeder (the Author), once again brings us back to Verona, Indiana and re-introduces us to several characters that have been in various previous novels. The major difference in this novel, is it is not all about young gay love discovering itself in a wonderful mate. This novel deals with much more un-nerving topics like Gay Bashing.

Enter 'Avery', a young boy filled with Hate for Gay's. He wants nothing more to see all gay boy's beaten up and killed. Avery is teamed up with both Nick and Sean from previous novels in the Graymoor mansion. Enter some spirits and ghosts (also from previous novels), and a journal written over 125 years before.

Mark Roeder did such a GREAT job at the feelings in this book, I wanted to HATE and lash out at Avery for his Homophobic rhetoric and actions, yet on the other side, I wanted to feel sorry for him. It has to be great writing for me to feel sorry for a Gay Basher.

All the changes, twists and turns in this novel make it one AWESOME read! I cannot wait for Mark's re-write and expanded version of his original novel to come out ('Ancient Prejudice' will be 'The Soccer Field is Empty').

I highly, HIGHLY recommend reading this book.. Mark will not let you down!

Mike Heine ('winterstone')