Return to Website

Mark Roeder Discussion Board

click banner on the left to return to the main site.

Mark Roeder Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: The book covers

I have not read any of these books, nor do I think I will. I came to this sight because this author is going to be coming to our gay youth group and I wanted to get some background information on him. I am going to "judge a book by it's cover", the books with the two boys making out on the cover is highly inappropriate. I am going to assume that there is sex in these books and I do not think that a middle aged man, judging again by pictures, should be writing about teenagers engaging in any kind of sexual act. I also do not think that he should be traveling around to youth groups, to me it makes it seem like he is trying to get ideas for more stories. I think it is great that there is something out there for gay kids to read, and yes sex is a real part of teenage life, but what kind of face does this put on the gay community? It just makes straight people think even more that all that gay people are after is sex sex sex. I am 23 and an extrem liberal,but when it comes to ages between sexual partners I have a big problem with someone old enough to be my father trying to get with me.

Nick

Re: Re: Re: The book covers

Dude, relax