The GoGo Board

A great place to meet fellow travel enthusiasts, make new friends or stay in touch with old ones. Please post a message or sound-off. We would love to hear from you!!!

The GoGo Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Al's February 2012 Newsletter

A Happy Valentines Day to All of You!

I want to take the time to thank a few real "Sweetheart Groups" for their generous donations to help keep Big Als List running as a free site: AACA Western Reserve Chapter of Ashtabula, Classic Iron Street Machine Association of Meadville, Dave & Eds Events of Canton, Michiana Corvette Club of South Bend, Piston Power Show at I-X Center, Pittsburgh Parts-A-Rama, Rock-N-Roll Capitol Street Machines of Solon, Thompson Raceway Park, Washington Ruritans of Alliance. Thank you all and others for you support!

A reminder to any of you who might pull a trailer behind you with your specialty insured vehicle. You may lose your insurance coverage when you connect that trailer to your rod. ..more info

Shows - Cruise-Ins - Swap Meets

Get your "Want List" together as the season is just starting for the Spring Swap Meets, Some with Shows. The indoor meets are taking off with a BANG! Sumter, Webster, Johnstown, Sebring, Renningers, USA, CPI, Springfield, Cincinnati, Wide Track Warriors, Giant, New Paris, Zephyrhills, Race for the Ring by Mo-Power Events All Mopar swap at the Ohio Expo Center Buckeye Building on Feb 25 doors open 8am-5pm, Nifty Fifties 25th. Annual, and the Northern Ohio Racers Swap Meet at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds which has always been a good place to find some Go Fast parts! Coast to Coast, the parts are laid out for your pleasure!

Did you get a ticket to go to the Detroit AutoRama at the Cobo Hall in Detroit? I have several Bus Trips listed this year, get your ticket to ride before they are sold out! You can't beat having Door To Door service without the hassle of parking. Check them out and enjoy some really fine vehicles.

Some early news for the Cleveland Auto-Rama held at the I-X Center, is the 1940 GM Futurama FutureLiner along with the Weiner Mobile and Dragula with Eddie Munster from the Munster Show! And, if you don't get your parts at the other swap meets, you can bring your list here.

Web Site

Also, I would like to Thank those of you who have had to resend your Car Corral several times before we got it. The server randomly deleted many of the Emails and I never got them. We have been working on the problem for a long time and finally have a fix in place. Not only did we fix the mailing problem, you can now attach pictures to it when you fill it out. So when you click on "List on Car Corral" you will see a new window. We also fixed the year pulldown.

We are getting into the 2012 season now, so get off your Butt and send me your listing or post it on our Online Event Form. I can't list it if you don't send it in!There are many pages of Car Shows, Cruise In's and Swap Meets listed for 2012 already.
Also, if you know of a cruise no longer happening, please let me know by sending info to here.

Outdoor events are going strong in the warm weather states. We are expanding listings in those areas. Many events in Florida and other warm weather states around the country.

Vendor News

Now that we are way into the "snow" season make sure your work is lined up! Of course you can't beat Howards Upholstering quality of work or his prices, bur make sure you have a date lined up with Eric or he may not be able to squeeze it in. Speaking of that, have you called Ryan Mohr at Old Skool Kustom Painting to make sure he can get you on his calendar for some work before summer sneaks up on us? You can see Ryan and John Carillo at the VSRA Show in June with their band of Pin-stripers doing great work for charity.

Check out the Great List of Vendors www.BigAlsList.com under the Vendors List. There are over 2,600 Vendors listed there with their websites and phone numbers for your convenience. If your favorite Vendors isn't on my list, send me the information and I will post them for you.

Big Al