The GoGo Board

A great place to meet fellow travel enthusiasts, make new friends or stay in touch with old ones. Please post a message or sound-off. We would love to hear from you!!!

The GoGo Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Al's List June 2011 News Letter

The Big Event for June is the V S R A Ohio Nationals taking place on June 24 and 25 at the Medina Fairgrounds. This is a Vintage Event which is Pre-1949 only! We will have a Pinstripers Panel Jam with 15 of the Nations Best, Thursday night Cruise to the Medina Square, Friday night Cruise to American Gassers for a tour of the facilities with John Sheldon and a cookout, 25 Top pick Awards on Saturday Night.

There will be a Swap Meet all 3 days as well as a Car Corral and food vendors to give you all types of food. Members car entry is $30.00 and non-members car entry $45.00, while walk in spectators are $5.00 for both days and 12 years and younger are admitted Free. A 20' x 40' Swap Meet Spot Outside is $20.00, the Car Corral is $20.00. On Saturday night we have The Belairs playing Music while the Top 25 Pick Awards are presented.

Registration is Thursday 12pm to 4pm - Friday 8am to 4pm - Sat 8am to 12pm. This is a fairly new Organization and have a membership drive going where you can join now for $35.00 a year or $50.00 for 2 years and get a Free Club T Shirt. You do not have to own a Street Rod to belong, but only Street Rods can enter the Show area.

We are still looking for some additional Vendors to set up at the show and we have plenty of space for the Swap Meet and Car Corral. Being our initial year we have very low prices and any automotive parts can be sold and any vehicle in the Car Corral. You can see all the details and downloadable forms plus Motel & Hotel room availability on www.BigAlsList.com, see the VSRA page or go to the VSRA website at www.VSRA-USA.com.

The Littlest Hero’s Car Show to benefit some very Brave Kids will be taking place on June 4th. in conjunction with the Columbia Engine Show in Columbia Park, Ohio. Please help support some Kids who deserve it! ..more info

Fill out your list of parts you need and bring that list of 'Wanted' parts to Pittsburgh Parts-A-Rama held at the Butler County Fairgrounds on June 17 to the 19th. This is Pennsylvania’s biggest Swap Meet and as always Big Al will be there by Butch Rocco and George Welsh holding down our corner of the meet. Don’t miss this great event! ..more info

If you are looking for some Cream de la Crem Antique vehicles don’t miss the Stan Hywet Hall Car Show on June 19th. ..more info

Wow, get ready for the 6th Annual Steel Valley Super Nationals. It will be here in just a few short weeks! Was last year’s event a blast or what? Show Cars, Drag Cars, Funny Cars, Dragsters, Burnout Contest, Show & Drag Bikes and some things that defy description. This year looks like it will be bigger and better then ever! This is a whole weekend event with Non-Stop Partying going on in Salem every night! Check for details at 724-946-2385 or www.SteelValleySuperNationals.com. A Drag racers weekend come to life!

Racing

Thompson Raceway Park is putting on a 10th Annual Gasser Race & Car Show this coming weekend on June 3 & 4. Gassers, Gassers, Gassers, Return of the 409’s, Hot Rods, Altereds, Front Engine Dragsters, Funny Cars and a huge Saturday Night Show!
..more info

Web Site

Looking for a Bargain? Check out www.BigAlsList.com Car Corral, Classifieds and the Wanted pages. With the economy in the state it is, there have been some major deals posted this month! Need cash, Post your parts, tools or ride in Big Al’s Car Corral. Remember, I will post your ad for FREE even with pictures, and expect nothing more then a “Donation” if you sell it because it was on my website!

There are now over 2,500 Vendors and links in the Vendor pages and over 65,000 pictures in the Photo Gallery.

Have you sent your Event information in yet? This looks like it’s going to be one of the busiest summers in a long time.

Car Club News

A couple of clubs have asked to get on Big Al’s emailing list. Just send in your Club Roster with email address’s included, and I will put everyone on the mailing list. What better way to join the 8,100 people and Clubs that receive America’s most complete and up to date list of Car Shows, Swap Meets and Weeky Cruise In’s for FREE. I do not share or sell your private information; it is only used by me to let you know what is going on. Speaking of Clubs, is yours listed on the Club Page on www.BigAlsList.com? Is the information up to date? Send me the information and I will list it for you.

With the passing of Memorial Day Weekend a lot of thoughts came to my mind. First and Foremost, remembering our troops and thank them for all that they have done for us. They have all volunteered to defend OUR Country so that we have the right to live as we do. They have chosen to risk their lives in a foreign land so that our children are safe here at home. Drop them a line at www.LetsSayThanks.com. Also, every year we lose some of our Fellow Cruisers. Take a minute and keep them and their Family's in your Prayers. Believing in God is another American 'Right'. Let's put Prayer bac