The GoGo Board

A great place to meet fellow travel enthusiasts, make new friends or stay in touch with old ones. Please post a message or sound-off. We would love to hear from you!!!

The GoGo Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Al's List August Newsletter

Hi Group,

WOW!!! Talk about feeling like Royalty!! A group of us went down to the Riverfront Cruise in Cuyahoga Falls and got caught in some rain after getting parked. A s usual, I was unprepared and did not have a towel with me, so I was just going to clean it up at home, when I looked over and saw a guy happily wiping my car off. I called over and said Thanks, but I’ll do it later and he replied that when we come to his Cruise he tries to help out when in need. Well, “Thank you” Don Sitts for helping this Cruiser out!! It’s a small wonder why he is such a successful businessman with his Car Dealership!

The Dog Days of summer are fast coming upon us and are there a million Shows and Cruisers going on or What? A ugust has every weekend full of Excitement! Painesville Square will be holding it’s A nnual National Night Out A gainst Crime on A ugust 4th., come and see our finest do their best! Thompson Raceway Park has the Hot Rod Super Nats from A ugust 7 until the 9th. This Event is sponsored by the same people who out on the Steel Valley Super Nationals! Drag Racing, Car Show Vendor A lley, Bike Day and more! A nother great Event that you don’t want to miss is the Chardon Classic’s 10th. A nnual Car & Motorcycle show on A ugust 9th. Look for some Hutter Racing Excitement while you are there! Jeff’s Garage in Fairport Harbor will be holding it’s 1st. A nnual Cruise-In for a Cure on A ugust 22, Come on up and check it out! A nother event held at Thompson Raceway Park you don’t want to miss is the A sphalt and A ir Wars taking place on A ugust 22 with some real bumper dragging Wheel-Stands! Put your camera’s shutter on F A ST cause that’s how they go!

Don’t forget to get those flyers in to have your event listed. Scan your flyer and E-mail it or write all the information in an E-mail to BigAlsList@sbcglobal.net or send a hard copy to Big A l’s list at 488 Monroe Blvd. in Painesville , Ohio 44077 . Please Please Please put all the needed information on the flyer like the street address ( number & street ) and the city and state along with a contact phone number and hopefully an E-mail address. A nd speaking of Fliers, here is a note of caution from one of the Cruisers;

Regarding " the flier tossers" I was at a car show just the other day 90% outside in the sun, Right, EVEN hotter inside a car, The guy next to me’s got leather tan interior , A long comes this flier tosser and slips a color ink flier in the cars window crack, it lands on the leather seat. In less than 30 minutes the owner comes back to his car, opens up the door and LETS out a loud MF which was heard around the park . You guessed it, the ink bleached onto his leather seats. Man all I know was I last saw him hot-footing down the rows of cars looking for any SOB with fliers in their hand "you might pass this info along to everyone. Thanks for reading my rant , Regards, Lenni.

Did you say you missed the cars at Stan Hwyet this year? Fear NOT!!!! My main man “Trans A m Dan the Photo Man” shot a thousand pictures for your viewing pleasure on www.BigAlsList.com I think he was one tired guy at the end of the day, because after that shoot he went to Stow and shot another 100! By the way, did you know that there are over 60,000 pictures on the website in the Photo Gallery for your pleasure from Dan, Buddy, Phil, Gregg, Patsy, Warren, Carl Steve, Frank, Bill and a few others who have helped shoot some of the pictures?

Don’t forget to check out some of those great deals on Big A l’s Car Corral and Classifieds. The guys are needing to sell those rides to help pay bills. A lso check out the Wanted pages. You just might have that part that someone is looking for. While I am talking about it, check out the Cool Links Pages too! We have been adding links to those pages right along and there are some very helpful links up there now.

Another great event coming up is the Great Lakes A uto Group 6th. A nnual Classic Car Cruise In held in A shtabula On A ugust 29 promises to be another winner of a show. Be ready to roll your sleeve up when you get there, as the Red Cross Bloodmobile will be present looking for some donations. Check into the “Hot Rod Kids A ssociation” at www.HRKA.com

The 8th. A nnual Classic Car Show at Rideout’s IG A in Painesville for Juvenile Diabetes Research will be held on September 4. A ll proceeds go to the Foundation, so please show up and have a good time! The Labor Day Coats for Kids Cruise at Boulevard of 500 Flage in Eastlake will have even more SENS A TION A L prizes this year!
Don’t forget the new color code for the four highest volume States , Ohio (yellow), Pennsylvania (green), Indiana (blue) and Michigan (tan). Quite a few of you have written in saying it makes looking a lot easier!

Big A l’s List Car Corral, Classifieds, and Wanted pages have been getting new items daily, check them out to see if there’s something up there you j