The GoGo Board

A great place to meet fellow travel enthusiasts, make new friends or stay in touch with old ones. Please post a message or sound-off. We would love to hear from you!!!

The GoGo Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
November

Hi Group,
Hope all is well with you.
Well, the month of November has one of our major holidays, Thanksgiving! Take a moment and look around, we have very much to be “Thankful” for. We live in the best Country in the world and have Freedoms that other people only dream about. If you don’t agree, Please Leave! We are lucky to have a hobby in Cruising and Car Shows which is full of Wonderful people. I have been Blessed with many Super friends in the hobby. Thank all of you for the many courtesies that have been extended to me during the last year. God Bless each and every one of you! While we are on the subject of Thanks, I also would like to “Thank” all of the Veterans who have helped make our Country safe for us! God Bless You and your familys for all that you have done and given for us. “Thank You” and please take a moment and send a note to one of our Troops that have put their life on the line for the freedoms that we enjoy every day. Please go to www.LetsSayThanks.com and let one of our Boy’s and Girl’s know that we appreciate all that they do for us.

Remember, If you don’t VOTE on Nov 4, Don’t Complain!

Get those last minute Pro-Formance parts at the Pro-Formance Swap meet held at the Stark County Fairgrounds in Canton on Nov 8 & 9.
The Canton Hot Rod & Custom Bike Show will be held Jan 23 to 25 in 2009 and Rodd promises a display of Rides that will make you glad you came! Check for details on www.BigAlsList.com . See Ya There!!!!!!!!!!!
Check “Storage” on the “Vendors” list to find a place to store your Hot Rod over the winter! There have been a couple request for places to store their car and be able to do some work on it also. Do you have such a place or know of anywhere? Please let me know!
Check your “Club Listings” to make sure the information is up to date, or send it in and have it added!
Please get your Car Show, Swap Meet, and Cruising dates in as soon as you set them up, and remember that address’s and contact information is very important on those flyers. If you need help with your flyers, go to www.BigAlsList.com click on Cool Links then click on Car Shows, Cruise “In’s & Swap Meet Info. These list should cover what you need to know to put on an event and make flyers!
Also check the ever changing “Car Corral”, “Classifieds” and “Wanted” pages on the website! Clean out that garage and list your valuable junk, err, I mean parts and turn them into money!
Send your Club member’s name’s and email address’s to me to have them added to the monthly list mailing.
On those cold rainy and snowy days this winter, check out the 20,000 pictures or more in the “Picture Gallery” from some of the Car Shows and Cruise In’s that took place this year. Who knows, your Hot Rod may be up there! A major “Thank You” to Big Dan Kovalik, Ron Miklos, Don Mele, John Carollo, Eric L. Silvi, Carl Wolff, Terry Lanning, Warren Terrell, Patsy & Greg Spreitzer, Buddy Scoville, Phil Sneary, Dave Makatura and many others who have send pictures in this year! I’m still adding pictures that you all have sent in!!! I have made a few changes to the Picture Gallery to make it easier for you to use it. You can now sort the pictures by the NAME of the event, by the DATE of the event or even by when the event was UPLOADED!
Don’t wait until spring to get that interior work done at “Howards” in his shop! He is still on West Jackson street, but has moved East about a mile. Get a date set up now. The new address is 1636 West Jackson St. and it is just west of the Rt. 44 exit in Painesville.
Remember to set your clocks back 1 hour on November 2th. It is a Saturday night.
More importantly make sure your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors have new batteries and are in good working order!
Also, please send me your new email address’s when you move or change providers. I lose people every month and they give me heck for taking them off of the mailing list when I see them! Also, if you are passing the letter to other people, Thank You, but I will gladly add them to my mailing list if you send their name and email address. I do not share or sell your addresses to anyone; it is for use of Big Al’s List only.
See you at the winter shows or at the many coffee breaks that are held all over!
God Bless you and “Happy Thanksgiving”
Big Al