Return to Website

Mika Boorem Website Message Forum

Plese feel free to leave any messages here for Mika and any questains you might have about Mika or her movies and hey if yea just wanna chat go for it. !!!!Please note this site is not run by Mika Boorem I am not sure if she visits this site often or not but feel free to leave any messages for her!!!!

Mika Boorem Website Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bobby Meeko and the Freak in all of us.

There are a lot of blurry lines in these things. Except one. It is right to have a crush or fantasies or to be obsessed or whatever. It is wrong to hurt in any way the object of your crush. It is simply black and white, right and wrong when someone gets hurt.
Posting a message like bobby did is simply wrong in any culture. If Ms. Boorem reads that message damage will be done. He has crossed the big line.
So should our overworked webmaster remove the message? Probably not a good idea at this point. He might go further with this fantasy. The cat’s out of the bag, the damage is done. It’s up to him to think it over, come to his senses and do the right thing. He has to apologize and get himself back to some mental health.
Then if he is a really brave man he will try to help the next deluded f-ck by honestly sharing his experience with him. Even if you do the right thing too late it will still turn out good.
Everybody likes to talk about how the world sux and how many freaks are out there now and ‘oh what can we do’? They were saying exactly the same thing 200 years ago and apparently no one has thought of anything yet.
What I think we should do is to find that ‘Heart of Darkness’ in ourselves and reach out a little bit. This is the right thing that all of us have to do.
There are a lot of young guys on this message board. A lot of them have had a crush on Mika Boorem. They will have many more crushes on other girls. So this is not just about Boorem.
I have had the dumbest and weirdest fantasies about girls that I have had a crush on. They are so embarrassing I can’t even think about them. I have also done some very hurtful and therefore wrong things to these girls. Things that I have to live with. For instance I had an strange affair with a married catholic girl who was leaving her husband. She hadn’t left him yet (and never did) so she did not want sex. I manipulated and pressured her. I think this is one of the worst things I have ever done in my life. I can’t undo that. I call this ‘a kind of rape’ .The only way to save my soul is to never do it again and to share my experience with the hope that someone else will choose to never do it in the first place.
Back to Mika. It is wrong to post letters of undying love to her on this or any other medium. You might be amusing her but more likely you are scaring her. Maybe that’s why she hasn’t had a leading role in any movie yet.
This is black and white. A big line drawn in the sand. Don’t be scaring the kid.
p.s.
I never had sex with the catholic girl and this is one of the best things that ever happened in my life.

Favorite Mika Movie all of them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bobby Meeko and the Freak in all of us.

First of all, I'd like to precise the fact you never had sex with a catholic girls concerns only you and is not really of purpose in this message forum. Like you've said yourself, there are young (at least younger than me) guys or even catholic people in here who could be shocked by reading this.

Of course it is right to have a crush or fantasies about someone else but as long as you (not directing that to you, Mike, just talking in general) keep it for yourself and don't make it public because it could really hurt the targetted person.

I've been working in the music industry (in a rock band) for a while now and I've heard many different kinds of comments about our music, good or bad, but many. Sometimes it can actually amuse us but we always keep in mind that those comments are from persons who have real feelings like us so it can really affect our mood sometimes. It's not because you are famous and physically far away from your fans that every sick comments like Bobby's one can be taken with humour.

The only advice I could give about that is, alright, have a crush or fantasies about your favorite personnality but for God's sake, keep it for yourself only and don't make yourself a nuisance for anyone else, including the person you have a crush on. If you can't do that, you should really get some help before something bad happens like in Bobby's case. It's very unpleasant for even the others to read posts like that and would surely be quite embarassing and scary for Mika who could read that at any time.

This kind of messages (Bobby's..) should be deleted right away by the webmaster (if possible). Can't you be a fan without having to be scary and freaky just to get some attention you will probably never get?

Max

Favorite Mika Movie Hearts in Atlantis

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bobby Meeko and the Freak in all of us.

Grrrrrrr.
First. Movies are an artform. I take them very seriously. Art can entertain and I am very entertained by most movies. But. How can you watch a movie that depicts a tragedy or a love story and not be moved emotionally?
Second. Jack Nicholson is a brand. He brings a lot of himself to every part. He has something big going on inside of him and while he is an expert at acting, every part he does will have a liberal dose of Nicholson with every part.
Third. Jack Nicholson is very attractive to me. Look up the definition, it doesn’t mean you want to jump someone, it means you are drawn to them or moved by them.
Fourth. At sixteen you are not a credible witness as to what happens to ones heart when you grow old.

I thought what I wrote was a good attempt at talking about one of her movies and her performance. I keep hoping that soemone will jump in and talk about how Mika’s performances and her movies affect them. Why is HnA your favorite movie? Why does everyone think she’s incredible? What makes her stand out with the people that check her fan sites? Stuff like that would be cool to read. I don’t have a clue why I noticed her in the first place. I have a top twenty favorites list of actors and there are only three females on it. Heather Matarazzo, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Mika. I think that is odd in itself. Why am I moved by so many actors and so few actresses and why these three? I want to know what others think. Might help me figure myself out.

And the Fifth point. Life doesn’t end when you get older. But it does change. I think maybe it shouldn’t change as much as it does. Little kids seem to laugh a lot more than the rest of us and I think maybe we need to fix that. There is this thing though. HnA is all about this thing. At the end of life that I am on there is death. I would like to be old and die gracefully. In order to do that you have to accept that flowers bloom and flowers wilt. The magic of life is not entirely in your own blooming. The magic is elsewhere. You don’t know what I’m talking about but you will.

Re: Bobby Meeko and the Freak in all of us.

The thing is that Mika Boorem has something special. I'm not quite sure what it is and would love to hear opinions. She is a powerful attractant. Everyone that writes about her or has worked with her keeps using the word 'incredible'. Her portrayals are powerfully emotional.
In our personal lives and in the movies we watch we are attracted to a lot of people. These attractive people can be little kids. Then we feel parental or big brother feelings. Or males and then we feel strong friendship bonds.
But if the person is of the opposite sex and all the mating criteria line up, this love thing can just take off by itself.
I've really studied this subject. It is the most perplexing thing about being human to me. Not just the love sex thing but how we bind to other human beings and even animals.
I think males get a real bad rap because of our assigned aggresive role. I think we fall in love with humans in a pure and wonderful sense BEFORE the sexual things take hold. I think sex is a symptom of being attracted. Our biology takes a hold of us and it can make something beautiful better or sometimes it make it all ugly and hurtful. I’ve found that the warm feelings I have for my kids or close male friends is made of the same stuff as my love relationships. These things only get screwed up when the sexual element takes over.
My encounter with the catholic girl is applicable because in that case I was able to love her and let her go. It was a very complicated thing and a huge story in itself that happened over about six years. It left me in pieces. I'm still picking them up.
Another thread for another time is about how the movie 'Hearts in Atlantis' blasted what was left of me to even tinier pieces.
I am a man coming to terms with a broken heart tradgedy.’Even too tragic for Shakespeare’. If catholics are offended that’s tough. I’m offended by good catholic girls staying with guys that break their ribs because of some religious bull. We do not have the right to not be offended by life.
Hearts in Atlantis was a tragic piece of poetry that played on the contrasts between Bobby’s youth and Carol with the old Bobby and the young Molly. Anthony Hopkins was the old guard when Bobby was young. He was giving him the philosophy when Bobby was not yet old enough to understand it. His trip back to his home town with his friends both dead was were he came to terms with what Hopkins was all about. When he gave that picture of Carol to Molly it was very much like an old man giving up his last breath. The old guard tragically handing it over to the new. Do you have any idea how much maturity and bravery that act would take?
My ‘Carol’ was named Debbie and me and her long ago ran through the pastures in the mining community of Mt. Iron Minnesota. Mika Boorem somehow represents that essense of all those young girls in all of our lives. She has a tremendous talent for radiating emotion, both laughter and tears that is powerful enough to bring young and old to their knees. Oddly, I bet she understands very little of why people make such a fuss about her talent.
Sorry about the rambling. There is just so much to be learned here and I am in awe of it all. I’ll leave you with this once more.
From memory so I don’t know if it’s right.

When you are young you experience such moments of happiness that you feel you are living in some place magical, like Atlantis.
And then we grow old and our hearts break in two…

Re: Re: Bobby Meeko and the Freak in all of us.

I will tell you what makes Mika so attractive. It is called talent. I can't understand you now. You were the first one to claim that we can't say we love Mika's personnality because she's only playing her role and I totally agreed with you on that point. But now you seem to say that Mika has something which make her even more attractive while the only explanation is that she is a god **** good actress. Yes I can understand that she puts a bit of the 'real herself' in her acting but that's not enough to say how she's like in the reality. That's why I can't understand why someone can fall in love without even knowing the REAL person.

Once again, you seem to apply your previous post to everyone but it is not the case. Yes, when we are young (and I'm still young compared to you, turning 16 at the end of the month) we experience great moments of happiness but that is not true that when we grow old we stop experiencing those moments and our hearts break in two, because life is fulfilled of wonderful moments and is worth living, whatever happened in the past or will happen in the future, you have to go through and enjoy life. And that is not normal either that a movie affects you to one point that you can say it broke your heart. Of course a movie can make your mood change for a little while after seeing it but you should seriously start asking yourself some questions if you take this movie as a reality reference and if it has permanently affected your feelings. Movies are there to entertain you yet to learn you things, just like music and theater, not to teach you how to live. Fiction is a dangerous and wonderful world which is there to give you some nice or different feelings for the length of a song (or a movie, a play, whatever) no more.

Now to everyone on this message board who claims to be the perfect man or to be deeply in love with Miss Boorem, read this :

You guys should really stop thinking too deep, watching a movie is now a case of psychology for you, it lost all its entertaining side. For a moment, just appreciate how talentuous Mika is and stop thinking you would be the best boyfriend for her, you are not the right person to decide if she should love you or not, no one is. Only her can decide what she will do with her life and that is the most normal thing. Love is not only a question of beauty and being good looking, it's a question of real feelings, presence, being honnest and of course a good friend and confident. Are any of you that close of Mika? No? Then you can't even say you love her because you don't know what love is.

Would you really like to be stalked by hundreds or people who say they would be the best for you and who would threaten you if you wouldn't accept a date with one of them? If you answer yes to this question, get a life! You are in a real lack of affection. If you answer no, you can partially feel what it is like to be famous and seeing freaks like Bobby acting like he did. C'mon dudes, get off, it is only a question of respect towards Mika. If you really like her (note the absence of the word 'love'), it's time to prove it by giving your total support to her carreer and by RESPECTING her privacy.

Max,
webmaster of www.MikaBoorem.tk

Favorite Mika Movie Hearts in Atlantis

Re: Re: Re: Bobby Meeko and the Freak in all of us.

Ok you guys have been writing alot and my computer has been taking a mega crap lately so I havn't had a chance to read it all. Let me give this the dumb up treatment here. 1st off - movies are desighned to play our emotions wether they be happy or sad. That is the idea, and movies can trigger things subcontious or otherwise as which seems to be the case with hearts in atlantis. (One question Steven King wrote this, why isn't it horror or have some really weird crap in it) Anyway HIA seems to tug at peoples feelings of back home, of friends, and loves that you never had the chance to close the book with. It isn't so much the movie but the personal experiences that people connect to a movie. 2nd life can be different for every person happiness can leave one's life or enter one's life at any age. This is the deal with Mika, in her movies she usually plays the person that needs help, Patriot family torn apart during war, Along came a spider - duh abducted by nutcase, HIA- Small things like when the bully picks on her, Blue Crush - Troubled teen. This attracts people who either subcontiously or not think that they want to help. (Now not everyone so don't go throwing that line) To top it all off she is pretty good looking to. Now this leaves alot of boys "in love with her" She is the damsal(sp) in distress and this is what leaves guys "in love" with her. They come here and post there little message asking her for e-mail, most realizing that she will never respond but it helps to say what you are feeling. So don't go bashing every boy that comes in here claiming to love her, they need to express themselves. Now certain messages should be taken off without a doubt like that one by what's his name. Now I know that they probably freek her out but i think she is smart enogh to realize that they just have a crush on her. They will get over it. They need a place to say what they feel and this is probably a good place because there are a ton of us who can help them in the right direction. I agree that everyone needs to respect her privacy but how does leaving a post asking her to e-mail you disrespect her privacy. They don't need a life if they post that, they just need to vent. It is foolish to think you are in love with someone you have never meet. You have a crush that is all there is to it and it will pass. And I don't like how you call everyone who claims to love her a stalker, they are not. Misguided, foolish, maybe and in most cases yes but not stalkers. They are just kids like you and me, only some of them havn't quite...well wised up. Basically you can't know if your right person for someone if you don't know that person and if they don't know you. max does make a good point, support her carreer as a fan and do respect her and the privacy of her friends, family, and of coarse her. Ya i am babbling on so I will just stop now.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bobby Meeko and the Freak in all of us.

way to go Shadow. You said what I was trying to say, in just one post.