Old Newfolden Pictures

Welcome! A place to share old stories & ask questions.
Old Newfolden Pictures
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Newfolden relatives

Greetings from Moorhead, Minn. Great pictures. I went to the Newfolden Elementary School in 1974 (kindergarten) and to MCC in 1981-82 for grades 7 and 8.

I saw one picture of my dad's uncle Andrew Tobiason in your group. I'm wondering if you have any other pictures of my family in there.

Possible people: My grandparents, Lawrence and Evelyn Haglund (lived mainly in Holt from 1930s to 1960s). Evelyn's brother was Lawrence Tobiason, born in 1901. Their father and mother were Theodore Andrew Tobiason (died 1944) and Ida "Ada" Miller Tobiason (died 193 .

My great-grandmother Anna Haglund, born in Sweden in 1866, lived in Holt from 1910s to 1946.

If you have any photos of them, it was would a great discovery.

Kind regards,

Dan Haglund

912 11th St. S.

Moorhead, MN 56560

ph. 218-287-2679

p.s. My dad, John Haglund, graduated Newfolden H.S. in 1959. Was on football, basketball, baseball teams. He lives in Baudette, Minn., now.

Re: Newfolden relatives

I was born & grew up 2 miles North & 1 mile East of Newfolden. The oldest of 3 Sons, Gene, Jerry & Ron Shern. I visit the Newfolden Web Site often. Harry & Randyne moved to East Grand Forks after they sold the farm. All the pictures etc were lost in the East Grand Forks flood, I think in 1994. Dad owned & drove his own School Bus for apx 15 years. My brothers and I all went to Newfolden High. We all 3 played a lot of basket ball for the Nordic`s. District 32 CHAMPS in 1953. I moved to Ca in 1959 & still live in Ca.
Gene Shern