Welcome to Cookham.com Discussions
to report a post contact the Webmaster
2023 MARLOW SANTA’S FUN RUN OPEN TO ENTRIES – BOOK EARLY AND SAVE MONEY!!!
EVENT WEBSITE NOW OPEN TO ENTRANTS
• Event takes place on Sunday December 3rd at 9.30AM
• Website now live – and 3000 Santas Suits in stock
• Significantly reduced prices for early entries (prices increase on November 16th)
• Record “Charity Pool” of £10,000 to be distributed to charities nominated by entrants (Rules Apply)
• Target is to raise over £60,000 from all sources for mainly local charities.
• Shanly Foundation lead sponsor for fifth year running.
• Softcat a core sponsor for the second year running.
The Rotary Clubs of Marlow regret to announce that the end of the Summer is sadly now in sight, and that the website is now open to runners (and walkers) taking part in the 19th Annual Marlow Santa’s Fun Run. The event takes place at 9.20AM on Sunday 3rd of December – with entrants congregating at Higginson Park, Marlow, from 8.00AM on the day.
This year the organisers wish to remind potential entrants that:
- Entries booked BEFORE November 16th will be charged £18 for each adult and £9 for each young person (5-17 years – no charge for under 5 years). (After this date the entry price increases to £25 per adult and £10 for each young person. (Additionally, Santa Suits can only be collected on the event day for entries made after this date).
- The popular “Charity Pool” is set at a new record £10,000 for the 2023 event. Any team entering and raising money for a favourite charity and raising £50 can secure an additional £50 for their charity. If the team raises over £500 the chosen charity should qualify for a share of the remaining “Charity Pool” balance (RULES APPLY)
- Entrants can organise teams to raise money for their own favourite charities – or to raise more money for Rotary selected charities.
The £10,000 “CHARITY POOL” has been made possible because of the fantastic generosity of a number of local organisations – specifically:
THE SHANLY FOUNDATION (lead sponsor)
SOFTCAT (core sponsor)
THE CLARE FOUNDATION
THE HEART of BUCKS FOUNDATION
BUCKS NEW UNIVERSITY
THE ACI GROUP
All is explained on the website - click here and the event is ideal for families, friends, companies, clubs, schools, PTAs, Guide and Scout Groups, etc. And of course any charity team. Businesses in particular may choose to use the event to raise funds for their own in-house charity.
For the fifth consecutive year the SHANLY FOUNDATION takes on the role of lead sponsor, and the organisers are delighted to confirm that local company SOFTCAT has again agreed to become a core sponsor. A wide range of other sponsors also support this great event.
The event also welcomes BUCKS NEW UNIVERSITY as a “Charity Pool” sponsor for 2023. Matthew Herring-Rogers, Head of Civic Engagement and Communications, Bucks New University says: “We’re delighted to be sponsoring the 2023 Marlow Santa Fun Run – a fun-filled, festive event providing much-needed support for local charitable causes in our community.”
Clare Junak, Awards Officer at the Shanly Foundation, comments: “The Marlow Santa’s Fun Run has long been a part of the Marlow calendar, and we are proud to have been the lead sponsor for 5 years now. The event has raised hundreds of thousands of £s for good causes over the years – and we love the way that the local Marlow Rotary Clubs offer many smaller charities an opportunity to leverage the event for their own benefit. It is difficult to think of many not for profit events that have such an iconic appeal – and long may it continue”.
John Prout – Chair of the Marlow Santa’s Fun Run organising committee - says “We are really excited about the 2023 event. The Charity Pool created great interest since it was introduced in 2021, and with the help of key local supporters we have been able to set it at £10,000 this year. All of this money goes to charities chosen by entrants, and we encourage all local charities to think about entering a team. Last year a good number of PTAs entered teams – and some ended up figures in excess of £1000. Whilst rules do apply we quite simply want to give this money away!”.
He added: “We have had to raise our prices for the first time in around 8 years – but by booking before 16th November families and groups can avoid a more substantial increase. It helps us if you book early – and it helps you!”
The website is now open, and fully explains how the 2023 event will work. Entries can now be made at: www.santasfunrun.org
All 3 Rotary Clubs in Marlow are involved in running the event – and Marlow Thames Rotary Club President Julian Rhodes says: “On Sunday 3rd December we want the course to be a sea of red Santas. We want to create a fantastic fun weekend that includes teams from local bu