The Maidenhead Primary Care Network (MPCN) will be providing Covid Vaccinations from Saturday 16th September 2023 at The Desborough Suite, located behind the Town Hall.
They will be inviting eligible patients to book their appointments shortly via text message. You do not need to call our surgery to book your Covid vaccination unless you need to provide a new mobile number or have no mobile phone.
Eligible patients for the Covid-19 Autumn Booster vaccination are as follows:
∙ All adults aged 65 years and over.
∙ Persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group.
∙ Persons aged 12 to 64 years who are housebound contacts of people with immunosuppression..
∙ Persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers.
∙ Frontline health and social care workers, including staff working in care home for older adults.
Covid Vaccinations cannot be given at the surgery.
Arrangements will be made for housebound patients.
FLU VACCINATION AUTUMN 2023
Flu vaccinations are being given at the surgery and our first session is Saturday 16th September - booked slots 8.30 to 11 and walk in from 11 to 11:30 subject to availability. We would appreciate booking, if possible, please.
Text invitations for flu vaccination are coming directly from the surgery and will contain a link so you can book it yourself OR you can call the practice after 11am daily.
More clinics will be added and patients attending for appointments for other reasons during flu season would be offered a vaccination on the day subject to stock availability.
· aged 2 and 3 years on 31 August 2023
· eligible school aged children (Reception to Year 11) These will be given at school as usual.
· those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
· pregnant women
· all those aged 65 years and over
· those in long-stay residential care homes
· carers, those in receipt of carer’s allowance or main carer of an older or disabled person
· household contacts of immunocompromised individuals
· frontline health and social care staff
CO-ADMINISTRATION OF COVID and FLU VACCINATION
It may be possible for patients attending the Desborough to receive their flu vaccination at the same time subject to availability, but this cannot be guaranteed.