Discussion Forum

A meeting place for MacAuliffes and their descendants from around the world. Anything pertaining to MacAuliffe, McAuliffe and other variations of the name can be posted here. Share your views or ask questions about the website, clann history, clann gatherings, family connections etc. If you have entered from outside The MacAuliffe Site you can find it here

If forum titles are not showing click on Index and select from options available. Please select a forum that best suits the topic of your post

Use back button to return to previous page or go to The MacAuliffe Site homepage.

Ancestor Search
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DENIS MCAULIFFE

McAuliffe, Geaney, Angland, Carroll -- Donal McAuliffe, 14:03:27 04/23/14 Wed
My father was William McAulife, a school teacher, who was born in Clonegal, Co. Carlow in 1902. My grandfather was Denis McAuliffe, also a teacher, who, I believe, came from Foiladaun, near Newmarket, Co. Cork. I think that my great-grandfather was Patrick McAuliffe, a farmer in Foiladaun, who married to a Bridget Geaney on 12th January 1851. My grandfather's brother Michael married a Catherine Angland (Kate)on 6th February 1897 in Kingwilliamstown (Ballydesmond), Co.Cork. They had two daughters, Bridget and Lizzy, and a son Patrick. On 20th February 1930 their daughter Bridget married Patrick Carroll, a farmer from Glenacarnew , Rockchapel, and on 29th December 1956 Bridget's daughter, Elizabeth Carroll married Patrick Fitzgerald in Milford Catholic Church Co.Cork. I am pretty sure that this is my family and I would appreciate contact from anybody who can help me with further information. I live in Dublin, Ireland