Return to Website

Forum Zone
Australian Bird Forum

Leave a message here. Tell a bird related experience or story.
Do you have any comments, questions or something to discuss?
Look through other questions and reply with your point of view.
Visit back regularly to help others by joining in.
For Classifieds go to http://pub42.bravenet.com/classified/show.php?usernum=3595906780
To Upload and View bird Photo go to
http://pub42.bravenet.com/photocenter/addfiles.php?usernum=3595906780

Forum Zone
Australian Bird Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No love Blossoming?

Hi. We have two young cockatiels One is hand rared and "madly in love with my brother, we got him a female ( the bird, not my brother) and although she keeps offering herself to him he isn't interested and basically they fight when she does other than that they get on well. He is hand rared from birth she isn't but is becoming more tame everyday. Will he eventually "dump" my brother for her? She seems so sad everytime he rejects her advances and for my brother no less, go figure? Thank you? Is there anything we can do? or will nature take over eventually.

Where are you from? Banora Point North Coast N.S.W

Re: No love Blossoming?

It has been one month since you told your story about the male cockatiel that was "madly in love with your brother".
Has he "dumped" your brother for the female cockatiel yet? Birds of a feather generally flock together but your cockatiel thinks he is human. (Or that your brother is female)

Re: No love Blossoming?

Thanks for your interest, yes, nature has finally HAD ITS WAY, sort of, we purchased a second male for our little female friend and now she has a permanant smile on her little beak. As for my brother and "nibbles" he now has my brother all to himself and again is very happy not to have to share him, WITH HER, and lets face it if you don't tell him my brother isn't female either will I, both couples are doing well! Isn't love grand!

Where are you from? Banora Point