Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
turning pro

With whatever happens regarding Olympic boxing this year, I'm sure Joey Laviolette and Custio Clayton will turn pro by years end....what about Brody Blair?
Will he turn pro, ??????????

I think all three would do well with proper management!

Re: turning pro

agreed, good management and if they leave halifax and go somewhere like Montreal rather than hang around without he clowns in Halifax.

im sure gary has connections with kirks trainers for custio.i think the proper move is south.

Who knows, as long as they can get set up with a good sponsor everything else will fall into place.

IMHO Brody is young enough that he could stay amateur until the Olympic's after this one, if he does not get a spot this time around.
Getting there would get him great exposure and hopefully have a few people lining up with their wallets open to sponsor him.
IMHO its a really dead end road around here without the right guys backing you, not impossible but really, really tough...... Caveman is the most recent guy experiencing it but the list is long.

cavemen i did some research and these r some good up and comming talent it might be a good biznass decision if 4 u 2 wine and dine them now so when they make it pro they'll sign with caveman promotions cuz the more local hali fighters in the stable of caveman promotions the better and that means nutting but bigger shows and that means more money.
CMONEY

omg.

Actually Joey is out of the Olympics...Caveman you should try to get him on this months card!!!!!!!!!!!

yuuuuuuuuuup time to turn pro and make that cash money. told y'all **** was about to blow up in hali i told y'all.

yo caverman i just came up with another ******* good idea. kamala for once is right if there's some sponsor money it gonna make things much better and then u can put on shows at the metro center and sell that **** out check it out . you need to go to the ship yards and see if the ship yards will sponsor, they have tons of cash now so its the perfect time to hit them up for some cash. i heard they r recruit hard right now and need people to work so just tell them like it is and if they sponsor the prince they will get world class and world wide exposure to the whole world, that's how to do it, get them to give u at least 100K but only sign 1 year deal cuz when tyson gets the world title shot then you can charge them in the millions and u dont wont to be locked in a only 100k.
thats how u make money, C MONEY

Chingy what you just said is impossible. Will never happen. You have to set goals within reason.

Chingy you should stay off these forum's ,all you do is cause ****.You have no idea what makes a champ[not the love of money]and have no clue what's happening at the shipyards.Stop coming on here with your foolishness and grow the **** up.Man I wish somebody could find out who you are and shut you up.Tyson and his dad are doing fine without you bringing more hostilities on them.

omg were not loved im fucggking heartbroken rick come hold a towel so there is no more hate throwen at us haha fuggck um haters

lol what a tard cmoney is.foolish talk.no one is makin big money fighting in halifax.get out of town if u want to make money.maybe cmoney can sponsor every one.hes got the cash.more cash than brains.

have u even heard of justin beeper? he made a video and put it on ubute and in less one year he is world sensation and multi millionaire and is with one of the best record labels in the world. he come from london ontario which is same size as hali. these r the facts not just made up. when u the best that is what happens.
just thinka bout that 4 a minute when u say im crazy. just thnk about that.
all the prince needs is fore the right person to see just one of his fight and hali will be on the map and his career will take off. that happens this year.

yyyyuuuuuupppppp...naugler takes big fights and took alot of chances why cant cave.thats why naugler was more noticable than cave.he took chances.u just talk foolish...ur prolly a little kid cause u sound like one.

Quote: R Payne
Chingy you should stay off these forum's ,all you do is cause ****.You have no idea what makes a champ[not the love of money]and have no clue what's happening at the shipyards.Stop coming on here with your foolishness and grow the **** up.Man I wish somebody could find out who you are and shut you up.Tyson and his dad are doing fine without you bringing more hostilities on them.

I'd disagree. 30 years old, 16-2 record, only 5 KO"s, poor attendance at shows, and doesn't take any chances in the ring or with his career? How is that doing fine? I'd say they need all the help they can get.

Quote: yehaw
yyyyuuuuuupppppp...naugler takes big fights and took alot of chances why cant cave.thats why naugler was more noticable than cave.he took chances.u just talk foolish...ur prolly a little kid cause u sound like one.

I guess that's the opposite road that Caveman is taking, and I can't say I blame Caveman after seeing what it did to Naugler, and every other pro who's been down that road lately.

Quote: C-MONEY
have u even heard of justin beeper? he made a video and put it on ubute and in less one year he is world sensation and multi millionaire and is with one of the best record labels in the world. he come from london ontario which is same size as hali. these r the facts not just made up. when u the best that is what happens.
just thinka bout that 4 a minute when u say im crazy. just thnk about that.
all the prince needs is fore the right person to see just one of his fight and hali will be on the map and his career will take off. that happens this year.

Then you should be Tyson's agent, and send his fight videos to every promotor in North America.
I'm sure that the Caveman would be happy to give you a %%% of whatever sponsorship you are able to secure.

You should be on radio............. Yeah, we'll just tell Jim Irving how it is, and do him a favor by letting him sponsor a guy for 100k for 1 year.... I'm sure he'll be down for it...
You sound like you do a big rail right before you start typing, maybe you should start using your brain a bit more instead of frying it.

what im saying is naugler took chances.if cave is sogreat like ppl make him out to be it shouldnt be a problem.with his record dont u think he should make a move or just take these club fights and do nothing.

what im saying is naugler took chances.if cave is sogreat like ppl make him out to be it shouldnt be a problem.with his record dont u think he should make a move or just take these club fights and do nothing.

People are now realizing cave is not great and I would say they're getting frustrated and embarrassed by his ridiculous antics and showboating. Like I said, his 16-2 record with 5 KO's speaks for itself. The only road cave is on right now is a dead end road, he's not going to get anywhere doing what he is doing. He's a club fighter max. Pretty soon he won't even be that.

you would think he would take some ofthis advice and do something b4 its too late.

The problem is anytime they see something they doesn't like they just dismisses it as being a "hater" rather seeing it as constructive criticism. If they were more open minded they would probably do a lot better and get more respect. Instead they are just happy putting on club shows but talking a big game in the meantime. It's pretty funny but sad for cave, i bet he could do better if he just put it on the line for once.

get good trainers and take a chance along with gettin out of halifax.its a win win situation.they dont understand that.

get good trainers and take a chance along with gettin out of halifax.its a win win situation.they dont understand that.

This is the solution.
Doing this obviously isn't that easy though. I know Cave had a tryout in New Mexico but I guess it didn't work out.
I think he understands it, but he's in a situation where the phone is only ringing when its somebody looking for a win, same as the Banal situation.

I guess we just see things a bit differently, I don't really think Naugler had a realistic chance at winning many of those fights (besides maybe the Miller fight)
other than a puncher's chance.
99% of the time when somebody calls Halifax, they are looking for a win, and they are looking for an opponent.
The local guys are good at putting a spin on it to make it look like our guy has a shot, or its a measuring stick etc etc...... Its the same old BS.
You can even look at how things are here, everybody knows everybody, its not uncommon to see Judges in the Gyms, and I have personally seen complete BS decisions here in favor of our guys.
Cavemans rhetoric irritates me too at times, but he's the only guy doing anything, he's doing it at a loss, and he's in a tough situation....... I don't think going on the road taking Naugler type "chances" is going to help anything but his trainers bank account.

Quote: Kamala

This is the solution.
Doing this obviously isn't that easy though. I know Cave had a tryout in New Mexico but I guess it didn't work out.
I think he understands it, but he's in a situation where the phone is only ringing when its somebody looking for a win, same as the Banal situation.

Didn't they already try to get a trainer down in boston with the ward brothers? what happened there ? Why didn't he fight down in boston?

just give the prince a ******* chance he's the champ right now and doing what he does. he has a huge fight on march 24 and he's gonna KO Sotto and then move on to bigger fights and more money. u can't expect this **** to happen overnight y'all and besides he aalso has mad skills as a rapper so even when he does hang up the gloves his nickname and reputation in hali will make him money selling records. he's got mad skillz as an entertainer
march 24 mark your calendar right now

I guess we just see things a bit differently, I don't really think Naugler had a realistic chance at winning many of those fights (besides maybe the Miller fight)
other than a puncher's chance.
99% of the time when somebody calls Halifax, they are looking for a win, and they are looking for an opponent.
The local guys are good at putting a spin on it to make it look like our guy has a shot, or its a measuring stick etc etc...... Its the same old BS.
You can even look at how things are here, everybody knows everybody, its not uncommon to see Judges in the Gyms, and I have personally seen complete BS decisions here in favor of our guys.
Cavemans rhetoric irritates me too at times, but he's the only guy doing anything, he's doing it at a loss, and he's in a tough situation....... I don't think going on the road taking Naugler type "chances" is going to help anything but his trainers bank account.

at his age its better than makin no money in halifax and getting crap opponents.would u rather he stay here and prove nothing.at least naugler made a few bucks...they say cave is so great than why not take a chance.ide rather make 10k than 1 or 2k cmon common sense.

Quote: C-MONEY
just give the prince a ******* chance he's the champ right now and doing what he does. he has a huge fight on march 24 and he's gonna KO Sotto and then move on to bigger fights and more money. u can't expect this **** to happen overnight y'all and besides he aalso has mad skills as a rapper so even when he does hang up the gloves his nickname and reputation in hali will make him money selling records. he's got mad skillz as an entertainer
march 24 mark your calendar right now

omf ban this kid.he doesnt have a clue...

march 24 yehwah march 24 we'll see who's who and who's for real. march 24

Hey Yehaw trust me Cave makes decent money here in Hali and is building a solid record. He makes way more than you think me makes. I know this for a fact. Also he made his biggest payday for fighting Banal. He made $xx,ooo for that fight. I dont want to say the exact amount because its nobodys business but he made a pretty penny. This Soto fight could lead to big things for Tyson. Soto is a good stepping stone and will gague where Tyson is. He has to perform well in this fight and he will get some calls. He has a few good years to make this happen so lets see what he can do. Either way at the end of the day Id say he had a pretty decent career as an amature and a professional. Nothing to be ashamed of and he can look back someday and be proud of what he accomplished. All the best on the next fight Tyson. Knock em out.

thats funny.u think he can do it all right out of halifax.whos gonna fight him in the top 20 for no money.caveman cant produce money to pay quality opponents.youguys really sound foolish.he has to get fights out of ns to get respect and noticed.if hes gettin no calls for fights its cause no one knows hes here.are team cave makin any effort to call other clubs for fights or just expecting the calls.im sure it wouldnt be a problem to get cave a fight in the us or montreal.why isnt a guy with so much talent on a card in montreal or ontario.why?team cave has got to make a move.i dont care what u guys say if he doesnt make a move soon than cmoney is right he will be looking for someone to take his rap career.no point in arguing with know it alls but anyone proffesional out there knows a little city like halifax wont help get a world title fight.cmon be realistic.make a move.its not haters here its ppl thats tired of the rambling,and want to see a change.

thats funny.u think he can do it all right out of halifax.whos gonna fight him in the top 20 for no money.caveman cant produce money to pay quality opponents.youguys really sound foolish.he has to get fights out of ns to get respect and noticed.if hes gettin no calls for fights its cause no one knows hes here.are team cave makin any effort to call other clubs for fights or just expecting the calls.im sure it wouldnt be a problem to get cave a fight in the us or montreal.why isnt a guy with so much talent on a card in montreal or ontario.why?team cave has got to make a move.i dont care what u guys say if he doesnt make a move soon than cmoney is right he will be looking for someone to take his rap career.no point in arguing with know it alls but anyone proffesional out there knows a little city like halifax wont help get a world title fight.cmon be realistic.make a move.its not haters here its ppl thats tired of the rambling,and want to see a change.

You have to realize Tyson is a small fish in a big sea and only a few will actually get the call from big promoters. Trust me people in Candada know who Tyson is. Theres just no demand for him to fight Molitor or Gautier up in Montreal. Tyson called them both out with no response. Think about it. Why would they risk putting their guy in with Tyson. Tyson could win against either guy. Not a good investment for them. They wont be getting the call anytime soon. Tyson and his team are taking the long hard road. Tryin to build up his ranking and record. They are hoping to maybe start getting some calls from bigger promoters once his ranking is a bit better. You make it sound like they arn't willing to go on the road. Thats totally false. Of course he is. He fought on the road 4 times so far. The guy travelled all the way to the Philippens. He had a bad break there. Fight was stopped early due to an accidential head butt. What else can he do. You make it sounds like he has multiple options and he is just afraid to leave halifax. Its crazy if you think that. Reality is there are thousands and thousands of boxers all over North America and only a few big promoters looking to put on fight cards and bring people in. Othere than that its only small local club shows like team Cave puts on. All they can do is hope someone notices them and gives them a shot. Like I said the Soto fight is a good stepping stone to get noticed. Good move by team Cave to take this fight.

Yehaw these guys remind me of floyd mayweather, they talk all the talk and when a bit of pressure is put on them to actually do something they just come up with excuse after excuse. if they really wanted it they would have made some fights by now or at least taken more chances. Instead they will just cry and claim that nobody wants to fight them and continue fighting bums in halifax. Only person it's hurting is tyson. His dad is trying to help, but if tyson really wants to do something with his career he should leave caveman promotions and go and find his own promoter in a bigger market city who has the resources to at least give him a fighting chance.

I think that robert and Tyson are doing a good job keeping the proboxing scene alive in Nova Scotia and they should be aplauded for there efforts. I would hope that fighters like Custio Clayton, Brody Blair and Laviolette would turn pro in Halifax. It would be good for boxing in Nova Scotia and could generate even more interest in boxing. Its funny how people insult the ones that are actually trying to make a difference. Whether you like team cave or not there doing a good job of promoting boxing.

Email  

what ur saying is totally wrong.all the talent u mentioned should get out of dodge.hey its great these guys want to do something for halifax but let be realistic it isnt helping them.

Yehaw you make no sense at all. What do you think everyone is from Halifax is gonna get an opportunity outside of Halifax. How can someone from Halifax show up in Montreal and expect to get fights on their big shows. Doesn't happen. There are some exceptions but not everyone gets a break. That means you have to do it the hard long road. Not everything comes easy just because you wanna fight and be a world champ. Its just like any other career, weather its a doctor, lawyer, salesman etc. Only the top get to pic and choose what they want......all the rest have to fight for a position. Thats how this world works.

thanks kevin and ghizmo people have there own way of thinking ....may b they should try this game it is no picinic baby ..as far as montreal they wont touch tyson not good fight for their fighter

im not talkin just montreal.im talking everywhere.cmon excuses.tired of excuses.try to get someone motivated and these dumb asses cant get it.waste of time.better get ur rapping careers goin.

Poor Halifax and Poor Tyson. You guys are lame ducks and just don't get it. what a circus show. You guys obviously aren't championship material and don't have any desire to become one. might as well just pull the plug now. because real winers create opportunities. Real winners take chances. Real winners make things happen. That's not just in boxing but every single discipline on earth. Sales, law, accounting, you name it. Think of how many people apply for law school every year...? some people just submit their application and sit back and wait while others push, build relationships, set up meetings, make contacts and get **** done. They get an opportunity and prove themselves. They don't quit and when somebody says no they go to 10 other universities till they get a yes. You guys don't have that mentality, its probably a small town halifax thing, I don't know. If you want to be one of those people who sits back and "waits" for a call or "hopes" for a break you'll get the left overs and you might as well just buy a lottery tickt. That's just the way it is. And if you keep on that path the only call you'll get is from cirque du soilel who is in town May. Is that what you want? Just grow up and make **** happen instead of making excuses and talking about how hard it is.

Right on Kevin..........Hfx used to be a great fight town.....then all the talent started leaving.....Hfx fite scene died....I don't think a lot of the guys who left did much better....certainly not Ray Downey who was used badly.....Caveman is keeping things alive and with more headliners this could be a great fight town again

Tyson is an awkward opponent....that is why many managers don't want to use him....

Jason Naughler was a great opponent for stars like Chad Dawson.....tough enough to last...give some good rounds of experience...without being too much of a threat...sadly all those beatings have caught up with Jason and he can no longer take those beatings yet still takes the fights!!!!!!!

at least he takes big fights and made some money.jason took those kind of fights from day 1.i thought he beat acline in there first fight.ill tell ya it took a long time b4 one of those big name fighters to knock him down.naugler had a chin one time.

u have short memory. tyson taken some big fights 2 but the best is yet to come. he got in there with willie cassey an unknown star at the time and went toie to toe wit him everybody seem to forget that now huh? he got knocked down 3 times and got up every single time wanting 2 fight and was wining on all the scorecards he got the heart of a lion biut that was last year this year is the real year and the rise to the top. u need 2 show and give respect where its due.

and u need to get an education.

I have nothing but respect for Naughler...loved to see him as an amateur and pro, and like the guy on a personal level...doubt he has money...that's why he's still fighting...took too many bad beatings........he's not doing himself any favours...it worries me that he can't take the punches anymore...it's not a good sign! I don't think you realize how dangerous that is

Quote: Tony
Yehaw these guys remind me of floyd mayweather, they talk all the talk and when a bit of pressure is put on them to actually do something they just come up with excuse after excuse. if they really wanted it they would have made some fights by now or at least taken more chances. Instead they will just cry and claim that nobody wants to fight them and continue fighting bums in halifax. Only person it's hurting is tyson. His dad is trying to help, but if tyson really wants to do something with his career he should leave caveman promotions and go and find his own promoter in a bigger market city who has the resources to at least give him a fighting chance.

Don't get me wrong bro, I am no fan of Tyson's antics inside or outside of the ring........ I just don't think that a promotor has approached Tyson, and if one did I'm pretty sure that Tyson would have jumped on it without hesitation.
I'm pretty sure Tyson's Dad is tired of throwing his money away at this point.

I'd like to see Tyson back up his talking as much as anybody, but at the same time I don't want to see him get exploited like 99% of the other Boxers from here.

at least he takes big fights and made some money.jason took those kind of fights from day 1.i thought he beat acline in there first fight.ill tell ya it took a long time b4 one of those big name fighters to knock him down.naugler had a chin one time.

I have a ton of respect for naugler and what he accomplished.
I would not recommend taking that amount of abuse to anybody though, it does and will catch up to everybody eventually..... He's lost 9 strait, and he's been getting knocked down a lot lately for a guy who went a long time against the best and took it..... I'm with John on this, its not a good sign, and sometimes it takes years after the final fight for the total effects to be shown.
I hope he made all the money he could, but usually those fights on the road isn't big money, definitely not enough to retire on........ Hard, hard way to make a few bucks.
He probably did beat Alcine too, but its just another example of the total BS that happens when you fight in someone else's hometown.
I really don't know why you would recommend the hard road to anybody?

not recomennding it.just take a chance.remember when naugler fought odum.jason took a chance.and won.tyson could do the same.you have to take some kinda chance.

Yehaw don't even try these guys don't understand. In their world bam bam soto is "taking a chance" and a big accomplishment. the guy is another bum look at his record. he's lost against every single person with a wining record. maybe naguler can have a pep talk with tyson before the fights and knock some sense in.

Yehaw don't even try these guys don't understand. In their world bam bam soto is "taking a chance" and a big accomplishment. the guy is another bum look at his record. he's lost against every single person with a wining record. maybe naguler can have a pep talk with tyson before the fights and knock some sense in.

What I don't understand is why someone would want to go on the road to fight in a guy's hometown, especially after what happened in the Banal fight.
Its this fing simple, Tyson isn't a big puncher so realiticly he doesn't even have a punchers chance..... And realisticly he isn't going to win the decision either..... So you tell me, where does that leave him?

You tell me then, what fighter from here has taken that career path and been successful doing it?
Just name 1, thats not too hard is it?

not recomennding it.just take a chance.remember when naugler fought odum.jason took a chance.and won.tyson could do the same.you have to take some kinda chance.

Jason had a punchers chance, Tyson doesn't.

That was the 1 time it worked out in his favor out of probably at least 10 too...... not my kind of odds.
This is what I don't get, you guys know that going on the road is a hard way to win, you know other local guys who got screwed doing it, yet you're still recommending it?
I know he's not a young guy, he's got to make some big moves, but he's got to be smart about it.
Banal fight is why.

What I don't understand is why someone would want to go on the road to fight in a guy's hometown, especially after what happened in the Banal fight.
Its this fing simple, Tyson isn't a big puncher so realiticly he doesn't even have a punchers chance..... And realisticly he isn't going to win the decision either..... So you tell me, where does that leave him?

You tell me then, what fighter from here has taken that career path and been successful doing it?

1 is all....kirk johnson

1 is all....kirk johnson

Kirk had a sponsor from day 1 idiot, he wasn't taking Naugler type fights on the road...... He fought guys with mostly losing records in his first 10 or 15 fights, built his record up then took some realistic chances IE fights on neutral ground where he could actually win the decision, not just pad someone else's record.
Gary would laugh at you for making the comparison.
Kirk actually made some real money, and was smart with it..... He wasn't taking fights on the road, on a few days notice, for the same money you could make working at McDonalds for a month.
You really think Kirk Johnson was taking those type of fights, based out of Halifax, and that's how he made it to the top? You're either 15 years old or your on the rock dude.

what im saying is kirk got out of dartmouth/halifax to make a career.dumb shiit.and he did very well.he worked hard to get shots and made something of himself.he did the right thing and made money.

kamala they dont get it ......they think this is a fun game dummies.....this game gives u headeachs and fuchhhking stress i only wish we had a sponsor or a money guy but we dont so we try as best as we can i think this show coming is a good thing /hope every body enjoys and may b we get support from hali

what im saying is kirk got out of dartmouth/halifax to make a career.dumb shiit.and he did very well.he worked hard to get shots and made something of himself.he did the right thing and made money.

Got out of Halifax because he had a fing sponsor that got him out of Halifax idiot, Kirk didn't do it all by himself, it takes ******* money, and a lot of it.

The situation Tyson is in right now in no way relates to Kirk's at all, Kirk had a money guy from the day he turned pro, Tyson is trying to land one, and no one 100% is going to touch him if he starts going on the road taking beatings for coffee money.
You think its easy to find fair, evenly matched fights on the road? Against guys who have money people backing them? You think they want to lose their money when their guy loses a fight against Tyson?
You think Tyson is here out of choice? You really have no grasp on it.
God help anybody that you ever manage, and god help you if you ever fight pro.

im just going to agree with you.tyson lovers dont believe the whats real.hes the great amatuer champ.hes a great pro but no one wants him.makes sense.if hes so great money wouldnt be the problem.great trainers and promoters would take him in a heartbeat.jason was good and top rank signed him.so whats caves problem?you guys talk so foolish.

im just going to agree with you.tyson lovers dont believe the whats real.hes the great amatuer champ.hes a great pro but no one wants him.makes sense.if hes so great money wouldnt be the problem.great trainers and promoters would take him in a heartbeat.jason was good and top rank signed him.so whats caves problem?you guys talk so foolish.

Yehaw there are lots of great fighters in this world but only a small ercentage get money invested into them. Especially in Tyson division, people arn't investing alot of money in the 118lbs. division. There is no money to be made. Tyson can be great but will probably never get a shot at the big money. Name me 5 guys in this world that you can think of getting big pushes at 118lbs. There are only a few in the lime light. Smaller promotions arn't selling 118lbs fights in thier main event either. There just isn't the demand for it now. So to suggest Tyson simply go out and do it is easy. To have someone agree to give him a shot is another. What he is doing here in Halifax is is best option for now. Hopefully he can get a big call someday soon for a big meaningful fight. Thats all they can hope for.

Naugler fights a crowd pleasing style, showed a lot of potential at one time, I can understand why Top Rank would be interested.
But would you want your Son to be in the fights he has taken? Do you feel his management always had his best interest in mind?
I'm not on here talking Tyson up, Just don't want to see him throw away any chance he might have that's all, and I don't know why you want to see a local guy lose?

i bet cirque du soilel would sponsor tyson if he showed them some of his great dance moves.

tony y dont u fuchhk off and die u ***** have u nothin better to do than hate on tyson i like to see u in the ring nothin better then a cunhht with no balls fightin

Robert putting Joey on the card will amp it up a bit .Seen Joey many times as an amateur ,that kid leaves it in the ring everytime he steps between the rope's.A crowd pleasing style and the heart of a lion.Being it's his pro debut ,there should be interest in the fight.Anyway good luck to all the fighter's.

Joey on the card will help draw a bigger crowd for sure. Good for Joey on making his pro debut. I bet now that Tyson is stepping up his level of competition and that Joey will be on the cards we will see bigger crowds and possibly a move to the Forum. This is good for Halifax and Caveman promotions is starting to step it up by putting on more pro fights and getting rid of the amature side of it. Should be a good show and I'll be there.

Read Chris Cochranes editorial this morning...glad to see Joey on the card.......10 pro fites???????wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Caveman!!!

...yep read that article and the comments left form the public. Seems the general consensus is like I said: People are sick of the dancing and showboating and are only interested in paying their hard earned money for quality fights.

Coming on this forum and insulting a man's son hiding behind a faked name is not the most manly thing either.Tyson has a awkward style and at times it isn't pleasent to watch,but he is giving it a go .Running down a man's child is a good way to make an enemy.It's acceptible to be critical ,but a lot of this **** is down right rude.Alot of great fighter's had distractor's,nobody is going to be liked by all.Different stroke's for dif. folk's.Stop trying to kill somebody's effort if you aren't doing better yourself.Keep charging forward Robert.If it were your son being degraded it would be different,wit is fun ,rudeness is wrong.

I read the comments in the paper and read the comments on here. I dont think these people actually go to the fights and watch. Tyson doesn't "run" from his opponents. He has alot of upper body movement and head movement. He makes his opponents miss alot which is the whole purpose of boxing. Some say they like seeing a guy like Jason Naugler fight. Honestly he isn't that great as a fighter and its a shame that he so tough that he helped build guys careers just cause he can take a punch. Really he wasnt a great fighter though in reality. I do take my hat off to Naugler and enjoyed watching his fights. Back to Tysons running........name me a fight were you say him actually run. He always stands there with his guy and trades but usually is on the winning end of the exchanges. Secondly how do people call Tyson cocky. He is always very humble at the fights. Most of the times when he gets on the mic he thanks the crowd for coming out and supporting boxing in Halifax. He also is very thankful for his dad and he has said this many times at the show. I just dont understand how someone can come on here and knock someone for trying their best. Id love to see what these guys who come on here and talk negative talk do for a living and what they are doing with their lives. I bet they are lazy bums.

I read the comments in the paper and read the comments on here. I dont think these people actually go to the fights and watch. Tyson doesn't "run" from his opponents. He has alot of upper body movement and head movement. He makes his opponents miss alot which is the whole purpose of boxing. Some say they like seeing a guy like Jason Naugler fight. Honestly he isn't that great as a fighter and its a shame that he so tough that he helped build guys careers just cause he can take a punch. Really he wasnt a great fighter though in reality. I do take my hat off to Naugler and enjoyed watching his fights though. Back to Tysons running........name me a fight were you say him actually run. He always stands there with his guy and trades but usually is on the winning end of the exchanges. Secondly how do people call Tyson cocky. He is always very humble at the fights. Most of the times when he gets on the mic he thanks the crowd for coming out and supporting boxing in Halifax. He also is very thankful for his dad and he has said this many times at the show. Also when Tyson fought Hassan Wasswa and KO'd him in Moncton, what did he do? He ended up hanging out with the guy all night after the fight and showed complete respect for the guy who came all the way to Canada so Tyson could fight. They were friends after and respected each other as fighters. I just dont understand how someone can come on here and knock someone for trying their best. Id love to see what these guys who come on here and talk negative talk do for a living and what they are doing with their lives. I bet they are lazy bums.

My advice to Caveman promotions and Tyson is dont let the negative bring you down. Just keep doing what your doing. Stay positive and good things will happen.

Like it or lump it Tyson & Robert have been the salvation of pro boxing in Hfx...starting to look like a rennaisaince is about to occur......back when Donovan Boucher & Razor Ruddick were coming up they fought more in Hfx than their home base in T.O. ......anyone who thinks boxing can't work in Hfx is too young to remember, have a mental block or alzeimers. Go Team Cave!

Halifax was once one of the best boxing towns in the whole country and it could be again. All you need are major attractions, exciting fighters the real fans and even casual fans want to see. You put on good cards, fill the seats, and out-of-town fighters will want to appear. Then you'll get feelers from Montreal and points west. But it all starts with the product you put out there. Young charismatic boxers who can win with their brains and working-class sluggers who can lift the cash-paying customers clear off their seats. You're selling excitement!

Email  

Quote: Cap
Halifax was once one of the best boxing towns in the whole country and it could be again. All you need are major attractions, exciting fighters the real fans and even casual fans want to see. You put on good cards, fill the seats, and out-of-town fighters will want to appear. Then you'll get feelers from Montreal and points west. But it all starts with the product you put out there. Young charismatic boxers who can win with their brains and working-class sluggers who can lift the cash-paying customers clear off their seats. You're selling excitement!

Cap, thank you for being one of the only people to demonstrate some intelligence here. You're spot on. The only thing that matters is the fans, and if they get what they're coming to see. The fans don't give a **** if somebody is trying to "save boxing in Halifax" and aren't going to pay to see a show just because somebody is doing that. They want to see some excitement. I've been saying it all along and these guys can't take the truth.

Well guys if you want excitement you have to have deep pocket to load up a card with good quality fights. What Caveman promotions is good. They started small and are slowly building up their shows and money. I dont care what people say I dont believe they are losing money. They wouldn't be in it if they were. They are stepping up the number of profights and this next card will be even bigger.

On another note boxing will never be the same in halifax like it once was. Now with MMA local boxing loses alot of fighters to that plus the fans are watching MMA too. Boxing can still thrive here but realisticly if 5000 people showed up to watch boxing that would be a huge success.

Quote: Ghizmo78
Well guys if you want excitement you have to have deep pocket to load up a card with good quality fights. What Caveman promotions is good. They started small and are slowly building up their shows and money. I dont care what people say I dont believe they are losing money. They wouldn't be in it if they were. They are stepping up the number of profights and this next card will be even bigger.

On another note boxing will never be the same in halifax like it once was. Now with MMA local boxing loses alot of fighters to that plus the fans are watching MMA too. Boxing can still thrive here but realisticly if 5000 people showed up to watch boxing that would be a huge success.

Totally agree, I think that MMA is attracting a lot more casual fans than boxing is, and I think its a different crowd...... From the shows I've seen it's a lot more bloodthirsty crowd at a MMA show, I've never seen a boxing crowd yell the loudest when a guy is convulsing & twitching.... I have seen that at local MMA shows though.

I hope Caveman is making money, he says he isn't though.... And he's in really, really deep with this show, probably the biggest since Hill was promoting?
Everybody has lost money lately, I really hope he gets a big turnout because he's gonna need it to cover 10 pro fights.

Caveman, give us a list of who's on the card bro....

kamala i will post the card today

At one point wasn't tyson scheduled for an MMA bout and thinking about making the switch? that would be hilarious and certainly be entertaining... I'd pay for it?

How much are tickets to this upcoming 10 bout super show?

At one point wasn't tyson scheduled for an MMA bout and thinking about making the switch? that would be hilarious and certainly be entertaining... I'd pay for it?

How much are tickets to this upcoming 10 bout super show?

The MMA show where Tyson almost started a riot, one of the closest situations I've ever seen to it IMHO lol.... Tyson's opponent didn't show either, believe it or not.

Well, Joey Laviolette's pro debut lasted less than a round...hopefully they will find a better opponent next time..........awesome start! We should see some exciting fites from him.

who would win between joey and cave? Are they in the same weight division? Thoughts?

Tyson is 17-2-0 as a pro and has fought world ranked boxers......Joey is 1-0-0 as a pro.............Tyson is a very fast contortionist vs Joey being an excellent boxer-puncher but at present Joey needs time and experience..and better opponents.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains