Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Mosley vs. Alverez

I can't believe they are trying to sell this as a fight were the young stronger Alverez might be as risk in this fight. The smaller Pacquiao made Mosley look weak and put Mosley in survival mode. I can see Mosley running the whole fight and if he thinks he can stand there and trade with Alverez then he will get stopped. Alverez will dominate this fight and I see Mosley possible getting stopped in this one. UD or mid fight stoppage for Alverez. Can't believe they are selling this. I love moslely but I just think he would need to win a few fights first to give this fight any interest.

Re: Mosley vs. Alverez

Quote: Ghizmo78
I can't believe they are trying to sell this as a fight were the young stronger Alverez might be as risk in this fight. The smaller Pacquiao made Mosley look weak and put Mosley in survival mode. I can see Mosley running the whole fight and if he thinks he can stand there and trade with Alverez then he will get stopped. Alverez will dominate this fight and I see Mosley possible getting stopped in this one. UD or mid fight stoppage for Alverez. Can't believe they are selling this. I love moslely but I just think he would need to win a few fights first to give this fight any interest.

The way pac has been blowing through most guys lately, I don't really see that as an indicator that someone is shot.
Alvaraz is pretty much untested at this point IMHO, he's been smoking guys but so was Dave Lemieux until he was finally exposed..... Moseley is definitely at the age and at the point of his career that his days are numbered, but Alvarez has never faced a guy like this.
I'd watch it, but it would have to be on TSN.....

You want to talk about trying to sell shhittyy fights, look at who the Klitchko's are fighting..... Mormeck, and one of them is fighting Derek Chisora LOL, Chisora is even on a 2 fight losing streak and STILL gets a tilte shot, wtf?

Yeah I wouldn't pay for a Klitschko fight. Id pay to watch Alverez beat shane mosley as I believe Alverez will be big in the future and will have lots of good guys to fight as well. I think Alverez is on a whole other level then David Lemieux. I could see something in Alverez his last couple of fights. I see that dog in him and he is a natural fighter. Its in his blood and I believe he's gonna hurt Mosley. I'll watch the fight for sure with alot of interest I just think its crazy they are selling it like Mosley has a chance thats all.

Dave I'm excited for the Alverez Mosley fight too. I didn't watch Alverez's last fight against Cintron, but I did see the Gomez fight. I like Saul but he didn't look as outstanding as his record. This will not be an easy win over Mosely.

Yeah your right he looked just OK in the Gomez fight. His last fight he with Cintron he looked really sharp. His punches were alot faster this time and he looks heavy handed. I don't see Alverez as a one punch knock out artist but he will grind you down and always seems to come forward. He made Cintron look like a kid in there. Way to much power and alot bigger than Cintron. I see the same happening with Mosley. His handlers picked a good fight for him.

Mosleys a California fighter whos been beating Mexicans all his life! Whos the last Mexican Mosley lost to? Beat De La Hoya twice. Beat vargas twice and knocked him out the second fight. Knocked out Margarito when Margarito was at his best! Only down side is Mosley is 40 and lost his last 2 fights lop sided. But Alvarez is no Pacquiao or Mayweather. I think Mosley rises to the ocasion and takes a close decision

Mike you could be right. I love to watch Mosley myself. I just feel he's lost that killer instinct. They say a fighter is only as good as his last fight. Well if we look at his last two fights he looked liked he couldn't pull the trigger anymore. He doesn't seem to want to mix it up with guys anymore and seems happy with just going the distance now.

He beat De La Hoya but cheated to do so. The two De La Hoya fights should be no contest and when he fought Margarito there was the wrap scandle just before the fighters came out. Marg knew he was caught and knew he was in big trouble. I think that played a big part on his performance.

He hasnt lost his keller instinct hes just 40 years old and his reflexes and explosive arent the same as they were when he was in his prime. With age you lose those things. In his last 2 fights he fought the 2 best pound 4 pound fighters in the world when they were in there prime and at there very best and he wasnt. In the Mayweather fight he started off strong but Mayweather defence was just too much for him. Mosleys an offensive fighter who has trouble with boxers. Remember his fights with Vernon forrest and Winky Wright? The Pacquiao fight was just a strong, fast powerful little guy who was beating the hell out of every big fighter he fought. Pacquiaos size and speed gives bigger fighters problems as you seen with De la hoya, hatton, cotto, clottey and Margarito. If you look at the success Mosleys had its been against mexican fighters because he grew up in California training and fighting Mexicans. Hes troubles have always come against guys he box and have good defence. The first De La Hoya fight mosley was clean he didnt start using that "special cream" until late 2002 before the second De La Hoya fight and the second fight was much closer then the first if you watch it so that goes to show how little the drugs helped his performence. Margarito fight is simple. He got his a$$ kicked! Fighters are mentaly strong and able to focused on the fight regardless of whats happening outside the ring specialy a guy like Margarito. Look at all the wars hes been in you think a little scandal with the hand wraps would affect a guy like Margaritos performance? Not likely once your in the ring and the bell rings you only think about the guy in front of you. Margarito lost because Mosley is great at fighting mexican fighters. Mosleys been in alot of tough fights and had a long carrear you can even notice his speech is slurring a little in interviews but I think Alvarez is perfect for his style. It wont be easy but I think Mosley pulls it off

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com