Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Steve Wilcox

Kid is making his debut in Feb, best of luck to him he has some decent experience in the am's but I eally think they have to be careful with him,his chin is very suspect and with 8 ounce gloves that can be very unforghiving.
His father while a great guy teaches a run and slap run and slap sttyle and while it might work on an amature level it is only a matter of time in the pros until you get caught and dropped

Re: Steve Wilcox

Would have to agree seen Steve fight countless times and he is going to have a lot of learning to do. The family and all his fighters fight the same way it is easily disrupted if you know how to attack. Best of luck to Steve he is a decent fighter but unless he is looked after very carefully I see things cominng to an end abrubtly.

I think Steve will make a good pro and is a great prospect coming out of Ontario. He has a lot of amatuer experiance, and is a very good boxer. I can see Steve out boxing a lot of guys, while he may not score many knockouts he will surely cause problems for many with his movement and skill. His father is a great trainer and will make sure Steve is ready for the pros.

He has a new trainer ron Talley ? anyone heard of him

Ranny Tal.... Trains & Manages female Champion Hagar Finer & cruiserweight contender Ran Nakash

I have seen steve fight over 15 times at least, actually seen him get caught by some big punchers, rynn out of aberta and tyler assesltine, his chin looked fine to me. No to mention he is very fast and difficult to hit, I think this kid has a lot better future than you guy think if hes managed well and puts in the work. He has the speed that could cause a lot of problems and even cuts to people. Good movement, if he sits down on his punches more he will be one to watch out for. Looking forward to seeing the debut.

Email  

Quote: Truth
Kid is making his debut in Feb, best of luck to him he has some decent experience in the am's but I eally think they have to be careful with him,his chin is very suspect and with 8 ounce gloves that can be very unforghiving.
His father while a great guy teaches a run and slap run and slap sttyle and while it might work on an amature level it is only a matter of time in the pros until you get caught and dropped

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but i dont know why you are questioning his chin?? hes had 160 amateur fights, never been dropped, and hes bin in with a lot of top boys, may not be known as a banger, but dont think he cant punch, hes going to surprise a lot of people, good speed and movement, hard to hit, 8oz gloves are going to help him getting ppl out of there. he taken a lot of time off from the amateurs and has changed his style to suit the pro game, lookin really good a few weeks out, will see about that run and slap style...... Seeing how well some of these other boys from canada are doing around that weight like tony luis, arash, and logan, wont be a surprise to me to see Steven ranked up with them soon.

Email  

I have to agree with the truth and joe it's going to be very hard bring this kid along in the pro's . I have seen him look bad and I say that he's lost fights with 16 and 17 year olds that where inexperowned he should of stopped them. steven lacks the killer instinct when the opportunity is there. All the best to him. And when he meets a fighter I don't think he will able to hang in there.

didn't know you could fight senior when you are 16, sounds kind of illegal, you sure about that fight fan??

Email  

Typo error sorry should of said 17 and 18 year olds.

Not too sure who all of these poeple are who are posting but get your facts straight. For one, a suspect chin?? Guy has fought over 160 times, never, ever been dropped. Has the speed and power to do very well as a pro. 8oz gloves are a plus, hes hard to hit, moves well and people will be very surprised by his power. As far as every fighter being a slap and move kind of fighter, that is hardly the truth. Not one of fighter at that gym slaps, otherwise they wouldnt have produced 7 medals at Provincials this year including 3 senior champions. The club has guys who will bang and box and Bob is a fantastic coach. Doesnt try and kill his kids to try and lose weight or come down 2 weight divisions like some other coaches.

Email  

looked a bit nervous in his debut early on, but picked it up in the second half of round 1, before crushing valcourt with a right hand off his back foot. the opponent may not have been anything special, but steve put him away and had an impressive ko despite coming in at 131. Chin is still questionable though, hard to know what its like, he didnt get hit. Which has to be better than getting it tested to begin with. Solid Debut.

Email  

Can someone please explain the theory behind the questionable chin?? Never knocked down as an amateur and fought some of the toughest in Canada including Asselstine, Rynn, Makavoz just to name a few and over 150 amateur fights.. How does this constitute a questionable chin??

Email  

all you **** haters. steve you looked great in yer debut. all the best. just keep in mind pro is a world of difference then the Olympic style of boxing. listen to yer trainers,,,,,, and people...... let tyme run its course..... train hard and good luck from yer long tyme friends at bigtyme

Yeah!! Great job Steve! Congrats to you from all of us down here in Nova Scotia.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Cheap Domains