Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mayweather off to jail

This throw's a monkey wrench into the May 1st date for his next fight.Assaulting a woman and threatening children with violence is just plain wrong no matter who you are ,but I'm guessing the Mayweather fan's will put a positive spin on it,so let's hear it Chingy,how is your hero going to save face with all his win's and money now.

Re: Mayweather off to jail

This is great news....
In case you haven't realized Mayweather has perfectly portrayed and positioned himself as the "villain" of boxing. he WANTS you to hate him, and clearly he is succeeding as per your email... This gives him huge street cred and with all the hype around this "superfight" will give people even MORE reason to hate him, and fit right into the story line. Super nice noble pac man vs the wife beating mayweather, perfect timing if you ask me. It also gives the promoters more time to work out the details of the fight and actually make it happen. 90 days in jail is a small price to pay for the tens of millions he's going to make from this blockbuster. **** this guy and his advisors are genisuses.

What's it's like taking the #19 Greystone bus everyday? Who's bus pass did you steal? or may be it's the bus to Jelly Bean square.

Hey Chingy I dont think anyone really hates Mayweather we are all just frustrated with him because he doesn't take the fights the fans want to see. He does it his way for the money. He's strictly a business man in it for the money only. If your suggesting Mayweather is happy about this charge and that it will give more reason to hate him to sell tickets then your way off. This isn't perfect timing. Perfect timing for this fight was right after Pac beat Margarito. That was an amazing performance. The fight has actually lost some of its luster in my opinion. You talk about the promoters now having more time to make this fight happen. How much time do they need. Its been going on 3 years now. Pac has already agreed to everything Mayweather has asked for. He wants the fight now its up to Mayweather. This whole thing Chingy makes boxing look bad. It doesn't help the situation. Mayweather deserves the sentence he gets.

Ghizmo78
Hey Chingy I dont think anyone really hates Mayweather we are all just frustrated with him because he doesn't take the fights the fans want to see. He does it his way for the money. He's strictly a business man in it for the money only. If your suggesting Mayweather is happy about this charge and that it will give more reason to hate him to sell tickets then your way off. This isn't perfect timing. Perfect timing for this fight was right after Pac beat Margarito. That was an amazing performance. The fight has actually lost some of its luster in my opinion. You talk about the promoters now having more time to make this fight happen. How much time do they need. Its been going on 3 years now. Pac has already agreed to everything Mayweather has asked for. He wants the fight now its up to Mayweather. This whole thing Chingy makes boxing look bad. It doesn't help the situation. Mayweather deserves the sentence he gets.

Pac actually agreed to a drug test that is effective at catching people who are cheating?

Well he was on the record as well as his promoter stating that the blood testing is no longer an issue. They will take any test Mayweather wants. You can hear it in many of his interviews. All blood and urine tests nows. Whats stopping it now?

I think the Pacman camp still wont do blood tests days before a fight, because he says he felt weak when they drew blood from him days before one of his earlier marquez fights. You can blood dope a couple days before a competition and gives you a huge endurance boost, just ask lance Armstrong. So the testing questions is still up for debate, they can say whatever they want to the media but there will be no blood testing days before the fight.

All that being said, after the 3rd Marquez fight with Pacman, My money in on Money, even if he does go to jail, the guy has never shown ring rust, and he can box backing up better than Marquez.

No excuses for hitting a woman, but who knows what actually happened. The prosecutor said "Mayweather has gotten off many other charges in the past and it's time to teach him a lesson." and the Judge agreed.

People loved Raging Bull, and look at his life. I think people will look at mayweather as a boxer before they look at him as a husband. If you hit a woman you should go to jail, but in this culture, people won't care.

Pacman said the blood testing is no longer an issue. This to me means he will take it even if its a few days before the fight. What your suggesting is that Pac will have a cut off date and possibly use PED's? Its impossible to pump them into your body and then take a test right after the fight and pass. Also when did Lance Armstrong ever admit or talk about drug use like your suggesting. Your eluding that he knows from experience. And finally we do know what happened with Mayweather and his former wife. I dont have to be there. He beat hear and threatened her life. Also threatened his kids and took all phones. We dont have to be there to know. Mayweather admitted it and is now doing his time.

Ghizmo78
Pacman said the blood testing is no longer an issue. This to me means he will take it even if its a few days before the fight. What your suggesting is that Pac will have a cut off date and possibly use PED's? Its impossible to pump them into your body and then take a test right after the fight and pass. Also when did Lance Armstrong ever admit or talk about drug use like your suggesting. Your eluding that he knows from experience. And finally we do know what happened with Mayweather and his former wife. I dont have to be there. He beat hear and threatened her life. Also threatened his kids and took all phones. We dont have to be there to know. Mayweather admitted it and is now doing his time.

As far as the drug testing situation, if you look into the whole Overeem/Lesnar fight testing you'll see what a joke the Nevada State testing really is.
Overeem missed his test because he left for Holland.
The Nevada State Commission allowed him to send a urine sample ( which is a joke unto itself ) via his personal Doctor in Holland.
So basically what it boils down to is the Commission taking someones else's word for it that the Urine is fresh, and in fact is Overeem's.
Ghizmo the testing is a joke.
Secondly its not impossible to stop using a drug a few days before the fight to test clean, but still retain the benefits of the drug.... In fact its very common.
You should look at what Victor Conte had and has to say about what he gave Moseley, and others, and just how easy it is for athletes to beat a post fight urine test.

They wouldn't be using the NSAC to test. They would have nothing to do with it. It would be the USDA or possibly WADA. These are legit testing practices and are tough to fool. I just can't see how someone can take PED's 5 days before a fight and pass or what benifits he would really get. Its not worth the risk to even try to sneak a day or two of use in. Their whole legacy and careers are riding on this. They are both clean fighters in my opinion and they should just get it on.

Cryin Brains

Dec 21, 2011 - 9:31PM QuoteReply Re: Mayweather off to jail

What's it's like taking the #19 Greystone bus everyday? Who's bus pass did you steal? or may be it's the bus to Jelly Bean square.

i guess you have to be from here to understand what you said and meant but it was just plain hilarious. lol

Thanks J.C.
Sprytown, born and raised.

Ghizmo78
They wouldn't be using the NSAC to test. They would have nothing to do with it. It would be the USDA or possibly WADA. These are legit testing practices and are tough to fool. I just can't see how someone can take PED's 5 days before a fight and pass or what benifits he would really get. Its not worth the risk to even try to sneak a day or two of use in. Their whole legacy and careers are riding on this. They are both clean fighters in my opinion and they should just get it on.

I guess my understanding of it is that the State or Provincial Commission has the Jurisdiction, but I guess it depends where they fight.... IMHO the WADA would be suffice to me.
Nevada is an absolute joke, Overeem literally went 28 days past his due date for a sample and got away with it.

The positive effects of certain PED's continue long after the drug's metabolites have cleared somebodys system, thats the key thing here..... If someone ran test suspension for 2 months leading up to a fight, they would benefit tremendously, for a long time after they stopped taking it.
If you or me stopped taking a drug 2 weeks prior to the fight, we'd still have a huge advantage, and if we knew when the test was coming we'd test clean too.... No need to take anything within 2 weeks of a fight.

Last I heard they don't even test here in Nova Scotia unless both fighters agree to it, any truth to that?

great fighter jack ass human being! I could care less about Mayweather hes all about himself and nobody else. he never fought the best in there prime only chased the money hopefuly for his sake 90 days in jail will make him mature a bit but i doubt it hes surrounded by jack asses and will probably end up bankrupt in 10 years lawsuits and his gambling problems!