Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Canadian Champs ??

There are 13 weight divisions and only 4 with a title holder. 9 division titles are vacant but have fighters ranked. Why is this ? Wouldn't it be healthier for Canadian boxing to have title fights and fill the vacant spots? If it was my organization I would be dusting off the belts real quick. Anyone out there think it would be something to strive towards for 2012? Lots of young talent up and coming lets reward them.

Re: Canadian Champs ??

The problem is finding promoters who are willing to pay fighters for title fights.

Email  

The CPBC has only 1 champ in their 13 divisions.
Maybe it would benefit all if the councils work together with the promoters and the fighters. work on percentages of the gate. The councils should increase their marketing and not leave the responsibility just on the promoters. Afterall it is the promoters risking their money on the events. Also the fighters should market themselves to increase their worth by increasing their fanbase. The more people they can put in the seats the more they can increase their own value. Promoter ... key word "promote". get local amature boxing clubs involved with meet and greets with some of the pro fighters. There must be an effort from the organization, promoter and even the boxers to start bringing the sport alive again in Canada. But for sure without Champions it is a harder sell. I know this is apples to oranges but the UFC is a marketing machine. Image if they had 70% of the weight divisions without a champ.

Quote: John E
The CPBC has only 1 champ in their 13 divisions.
Maybe it would benefit all if the councils work together with the promoters and the fighters. work on percentages of the gate. The councils should increase their marketing and not leave the responsibility just on the promoters. Afterall it is the promoters risking their money on the events. Also the fighters should market themselves to increase their worth by increasing their fanbase. The more people they can put in the seats the more they can increase their own value. Promoter ... key word "promote". get local amature boxing clubs involved with meet and greets with some of the pro fighters. There must be an effort from the organization, promoter and even the boxers to start bringing the sport alive again in Canada. But for sure without Champions it is a harder sell. I know this is apples to oranges but the UFC is a marketing machine. Image if they had 70% of the weight divisions without a champ.

Better still, the CPBC should disband.How many heavyweight champions does one country need? I just heard that two jamokes are fighting over in Quebek for the vacant CPBC heavyweight title. Neven Pajkic is the current Canadian heavyweight champ. Let one of those birds take the title from him instead.

Cap

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Web Hosting