Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEW GYM IN HALIFAX

Theirs a brand new gym just opened up in halifax, the gym offers boxing training and mma. The gym is owned and run by Peter Martell and Tyson Cave. Head professional boxing trainer is Bunny Phillips. Come check it out 3200 Kempt Road. Full boxing ring and full mma cage.

Re: NEW GYM IN HALIFAX

Great move...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes.

this is legendary. the kingdom has officially been built and team cave is on the rise. canada better look out cause nova scotia is gonna start producing some real boxers now and start winning the titles. way to go prince, now not only you the champ but there will be a whole army of champs.

where did this guy escape from?????????????????????????

All the best.
Don't forgot to check our website (link stated below) A good resource I must say..
Cheers

john

He reminds me of a 12 year old kid who found a new hobbie and talks about it like he thinks he knows everything about it.

But in the end he's still just a 12 year old boy.

Kolumbus
All the best.
Don't forgot to check our website (link stated below) A good resource I must say..
Cheers

Fucckk off spammer.

Its a link to a site not at all related to the thread, don't waste your time like I did.

toetotoe
john

He reminds me of a 12 year old kid who found a new hobbie and talks about it like he thinks he knows everything about it.

The truly sad thing is he's probably too well written to be 12 years old.
Too well written to be as dumb as what he posts too...?

Kalama
toetotoe
john

The truly sad thing is he's probably too well written to be 12 years old.
Too well written to be as dumb as what he posts too...?

It's a bad idea to drink and post

That's right...well written....definately no kid...strange type of ZEALOT?!

I'll tell it like it is. - 5 years from now. ya count that F- I- V- E years from now ya'll be watching team halifax at the olympics. This is just the start. every mile begins with a single step. you are witnessing the very first step. 5 years.

Chingy
I'll tell it like it is. - 5 years from now. ya count that F- I- V- E years from now ya'll be watching team halifax at the olympics. This is just the start. every mile begins with a single step. you are witnessing the very first step. 5 years.

As crazy as you are, I do like your enthusiasm.

I dunno though, even making the Olympic Qualifyer is a tough, tough road...... make me respect those who have done it even more.

its a tuff road no dout. but that is why we need 5 years, FIVE years. Rome wasn't built in a night and so this means champs can't be built that fast either. we will miss out on london but the next olympics after that we'll be there. the only thing that can screw us is the politics and the bs of boxing. look at hopkins getting cheated out of his title. look at the prince getting scammed in Cebu, that is the real danger with boxing all this corruption, but the thing is when you knock them out nobody can say ****ttt so all we gotta do is KO everybodyy on the way to gold. wait and see u at the top y'all

i like ur enthusim great to have supporters /thank ching who ever u r from team cave

what not to be excited for ? all the doubters just have to turn on the TV. who follows the news do you have any idea what 25 billion is gonna do for halifax? that is the same as having the olympics in halifax every year for the next 30 years.. more people, more money, this is perfect timing, like i said 5 years. halifax will get the funding for programs like this. look out.

Chingy
what not to be excited for ? all the doubters just have to turn on the TV. who follows the news do you have any idea what 25 billion is gonna do for halifax? that is the same as having the olympics in halifax every year for the next 30 years.. more people, more money, this is perfect timing, like i said 5 years. halifax will get the funding for programs like this. look out.

I'm not following you..... Please explain in more detail.

Hey Crying. Our premier compared the money Halifax is going to generate from getting this ship building contract to a city hosting the olympics. The amount of money a city generates in the month or so while the olympics is in town will be the same that Halifax will generate per year. This is huge news for Halifax. We will have so much money coming in now.

Thanks

mo money, mo talent, mo champs. hali is on the map. now y'all if halifax builds a stadium just watch out because then they will just put in a bid to host olympics in 5 years, MOB - money over bytches.

He's talking about the money the federal government is giving to a Halifax firm for ship building (Navy) over the next like 30 years.

The connection though I don't understand. But it is good for the Halifax economy for sure! Lots of long term, good paying jobs.

Chingy, for a guy that keeps up with current events why are you so ridiculous?

Chingy you seem like you are using any piece of informational you read to back up fantasy.Cool out.

Chingy
mo money, mo talent, mo champs. hali is on the map. now y'all if halifax builds a stadium just watch out because then they will just put in a bid to host olympics in 5 years, MOB - money over bytches.

It'll take a lot more than a Stadium for that lol, we couldn't even stomach a Commonwealth Games pricetag, probably rightfully so..... I've read Montreal still hasn't paid off the 76 games.
Pretty sure the games are decided ,ore than 5 years in advance too........

look I don't mean to affront anybody's intelligence, but most of the comments here who criticize me are devoid of any innovation and forward thinking.

The problem is most of you subscribe to the poor thinking of "I'll believe it when I see it",so of course you look at my comments and think I'm crazy. you probably laugh at my ideas, but what ya need to do is realize that the REAL innovators the people who make ****TTT happen in the world have a vision, they SEE it FIRST and THEN believe it. I have what most of you lack which is VISION. I see it, I follow current events cuz I am able to introduce that spark that will ignite any idea into fruition. Not to mention, My defese is imperturbable and my style is ferocious,
Keep up the good work cave, don't let these suckers stop you from making this gym a succeses and getting to the olympics.

Um, should I mention AIBA, amateur boxing's governing body and wannabe pro regulator, is wanting to have the pro boxers compete in the Olympics ? A la hockey and basketball.

There you go Chingy, have fun with that little tidbit !

that sucks... like i said it is just becoming more and more about the money, you gotta follow the money - MOB - but at least if they did that roy jones jr could go back and get his gold medal.

I can't see this ever happening where pros fight in the amatures. It would look bad on a pro if he ever lost. Its totally possibly that a pro would lose. I think a top amature would have an advantage on the points system. They are two totally different styles of fighting. Why would a pro want to go back to the amature ranks to fight for a gold when he couldn't do it when he was younger and in his prime. Do you think Pacquiao would risk his career and go try out for an olympic spot and fight for gold. I dont see it ever happening. He makes to much money and has to much to lose.

Chingy
look I don't mean to affront anybody's intelligence, but most of the comments here who criticize me are devoid of any innovation and forward thinking.

The problem is most of you subscribe to the poor thinking of "I'll believe it when I see it",so of course you look at my comments and think I'm crazy. you probably laugh at my ideas, but what ya need to do is realize that the REAL innovators the people who make ****TTT happen in the world have a vision, they SEE it FIRST and THEN believe it. I have what most of you lack which is VISION. I see it, I follow current events cuz I am able to introduce that spark that will ignite any idea into fruition. Not to mention, My defese is imperturbable and my style is ferocious,
Keep up the good work cave, don't let these suckers stop you from making this gym a succeses and getting to the olympics.

Like I said I like your enthusiasm, but I don't know how you can make a vision a reality, when you don't really understand the state of things right now.
It seems to me the first step would be to educate yourself, before you keep introducing "sparks" of intelligence.

So when Tyson Cave beats Jean Pascal ( although maybe not by KO ) you can say you called it here first, because you have vision, which most of us lack.

fair enough. how about you enlighten us ?

everthing i said previous is fact, 25 billion, more people, more champs, more money, 5 years from now look out. .

caveman promotions titans boxing and mma new gym in halifax
Theirs a brand new gym just opened up in halifax, the gym offers boxing training and mma. The gym is owned and run by Peter Martell and Tyson Cave. Head professional boxing trainer is Bunny Phillips. Come check it out 3200 Kempt Road. Full boxing ring and full mma cage.

So, aside from all the talk about Olympic Gams, bum decisions, shipbuilding
and some 5-year plan, let's get down to the real topic of the new gym
in Halifax and how will it benefit Halifax, Boxing Nova Scotia and Canadian amateur and professional boxing?

ONE OF THE BIG QUESTIONS: Does mixing BOXING and MMA benefit both
sports or does it create a watered down effect/

Brian Zelley
caveman promotions titans boxing and mma new gym in halifax

So, aside from all the talk about Olympic Gams, bum decisions, shipbuilding
and some 5-year plan, let's get down to the real topic of the new gym
in Halifax and how will it benefit Halifax, Boxing Nova Scotia and Canadian amateur and professional boxing?

ONE OF THE BIG QUESTIONS: Does mixing BOXING and MMA benefit both
sports or does it create a watered down effect/

IMHO it benefits MMA guys more than Boxers, MMA guys are using the techniques they learn from boxers in the Cage.... Can't use any MMA techniques in the Boxing ring.
I see no way boxing in halifax benefits, other than its easier to finance the Gym with a partner.

brian did you read any of the previous posts? what did it do for boxing and for halifax???
it just created a boxing mecca and approximately 6 olympic gold medals
in 5 years from now.

Chingy
brian did you read any of the previous posts? what did it do for boxing and for halifax???
in 5 years from now.

Six boxing gold medals, now that would be an interesting fantasy
for Canadian Amateur Boxing. Nice dream, but even impossible
dreams are worth chasing.

Chingy
in 5 years from now.

The closest thing we we probably ever have is the old Citadel club, 30 year run of sending a guy to the Olympics..... Citadel closed, have not sent a guy since.

Brian, It's not a dream brah. Canada's boxing program is **** ya sure i agree with you there. but that is why we have to innovate and this is just the start. see The way I see it is that now that we have the shipbuilding contract which can sustain our economy for the next 30 years, Halifax has to file to separate from canada - yep, that's right, just like quebec tried to do.

realistically we have 2 choices, we can either join the USA and be the 51st state. or we can join the carribean. personally I say we join the carribean because then it would pretty much guaranttee us the golds.

it's a no brainer. the carribean companies already invest in nova scotia, and you see the only thing the carriben is lacking is a stable economy so now with the ship buidling we can have a direct route to places like cuba and the dominican and offer those people some of the 10,000 jobs the ship building is going to create.

see brah, it all makes sense when you think about it. you just need to think outside the box.

I think it benefits them both alot, yes it benefits MMA fighters in the striking part most def, but it also helps the boxers also, as there is different muscles being used in MMA, and if they work together they will be in even better shape i believe, i think it would work good, i know there is a couple in Winnipeg now that have just opened and have both, but all in all it is great for the up and comers to have more choices now, might go to the gym wanting to MMA and find out your better at boxing or the other way around......

Chingy
Brian, It's not a dream brah. Canada's boxing program is **** ya sure i agree with you there. but that is why we have to innovate and this is just the start. see The way I see it is that now that we have the shipbuilding contract which can sustain our economy for the next 30 years, Halifax has to file to separate from canada - yep, that's right, just like quebec tried to do.

realistically we have 2 choices, we can either join the USA and be the 51st state. or we can join the carribean. personally I say we join the carribean because then it would pretty much guaranttee us the golds.

it's a no brainer. the carribean companies already invest in nova scotia, and you see the only thing the carriben is lacking is a stable economy so now with the ship buidling we can have a direct route to places like cuba and the dominican and offer those people some of the 10,000 jobs the ship building is going to create.

see brah, it all makes sense when you think about it. you just need to think outside the box.

Go away.

Nice to see a new boxing gym opening in one of the major centres of Canadian boxing. Nova Scotia has produced some great fighters like Mickey MacIntyre the Pride of Glace Bay, Roddy "Big Pay" MacDonald, Ray "The Panther" McIntyre, Sam Langford, Tiger Warrington,Art Hafey,etc etc. Good to see there will be another school to turn out great fighters and future Maritime and Canadian champs.

Cap