Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Aiba world championships

Thought it was pretty weird there wasn't a thread about this, our boys are looking pretty good over there, what does everyone think anyone got a shot of making the Olympics?

Re: Aiba world championships

Quote: Iightning
Thought it was pretty weird there wasn't a thread about this, our boys are looking pretty good over there, what does everyone think anyone got a shot of making the Olympics?

Looks like the boys/men will have trip down to South America and hope they
can put it together and break on through, but there are no easy roads to the Olympics. If one or more make it, then it will depend on a lot of unknowns.
We need one Canadian boxer to win a medal in the 2012 London Olympics
or the highway robbery of 1948 will remain without payback.

For those still in the running, it might be time to think beyond their
own personal goals and the current team spirit, and remember the
EDDIE HADDAD story of 1948. For any that can get beyond self-interest
and have the Haddad Happening as a great motivator for revenge that could
be the key, but cannot see any active senior open boxer using 1948 London Olympics as their ticket for 2012 LONDON OLYMPIC GLORY.

I heard heavyweight Samir ElMais won a heavyweight fight. But was a walkover in his second fight. Does anyone know what happened? Yves Ulysses I think won his first fight but lost his second. What happens next Im not familiar with the process if you dont qualify through the world championship. What is the next qualifier? Why couldnt Simon Kean make the team?

All the fights are on their youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AIBABoxing#p/c/14/vxVMLILi5mU

I sparred with Yves Ulysses Jr. in Montreal this summer, amazing athlete and extremely nice guy. He's only been boxing 4yrs.

I think Clayton from NS also won his 1st fight.

It was nice to watch the best Canadians go against the best international boxers on sportsnet, I hope they do it more.

Thanks Dan,

I just hope that these guys can stay amateur for another 4 years it would be a shot in the arm for our amateur system.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting