Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hershey Centre Fights - Oct 22nd

Thoughts on any of the fights?

Logan Cotton McGuinness vs Benoit Gaudet

Samuel Vargas vs Ahmad Cheikho

Jeremy Abbot vs Harrison McBain

Brandon Cook vs Darren Fletcher
Ibraham Kamal vs Jonny Ibramov
Matthew White vs Dillon Carmen

Re: Hershey Centre Fights - Oct 22nd

I thought that wagner was supposed to get a spot on this card not abbot?

Gaudette wins 10 round decision. Too much experience for Logan gonna be a boxing clinic

McGuinnes will stop Gaudet

YeeeeeeeeeePppppppppppp

Gaudetes to experienced! Hes a great boxer if he had some power to keep guys off he would have been a world champion. He really impressed me in his fight with Humberto Sotto few years back. Sotto is a monster and Gaudete boxed well until he got stoped late. This is a good fight for Logan because Gaudetes not a puncher so hes not gonna get her.Hes gonna walk away learning alot after this fight. But hes gonna lose! I think Logan has a bright future but this fight is too soon and a big step up in class which I dont think hes ready for

Sorry I meant to say "hurt" not "her"

Don't think it's going to be the clinic most people are expecting.
I too think Logan will stop Gaudet.

logan will bring the toronto thunder and make it reign all over montreal this guy is gonna get rolled just like a smoked salmon baguette.

Mike
Gaudetes to experienced! Hes a great boxer if he had some power to keep guys off he would have been a world champion. He really impressed me in his fight with Humberto Sotto few years back. Sotto is a monster and Gaudete boxed well until he got stoped late. This is a good fight for Logan because Gaudetes not a puncher so hes not gonna get her.Hes gonna walk away learning alot after this fight. But hes gonna lose! I think Logan has a bright future but this fight is too soon and a big step up in class which I dont think hes ready for

I agree with Mike, he knows what his talking about.

Vargas vs Cheikho will be a good fight if Cheikho don't bailout. Idk the other boxers accepte Kamal who should win easy. Big fights are waiting for him.

I too agree with Mike. As far as power punching McGuiness does not have any more power than Gaudet. People who think McGuiness will stop Gaudet are sadly mistaken and have forgotten all about McGuiness' last fight. Gaudet has too much experience, and fought really well against a world champion. McGuiness has not been that route yet. This will be his first real test. Now we will see what he is made of. If he cannot get by Gaudet, it is back to the drawing board to figure out where he goes from there. McGuiness has a questionable chin, and we will see if Gaudet can expose it. May the best man win.

Very interesting thoughts on how the fight will play out.
Gaudet is a very talented boxer and his gameplan will most likely follow the blueprint he has always used. Box, move and avoid any brawl inside. He looked great against Soto but there is no way that Soto prepared well for him and clearly made the mistake of taking Gaudet lightly. He went in there to knock Gaudet out from the onset and was looking toward a potential big match. Obviously this did not happen and he was very surprised with all the box and move from Gaudet. Eventually the power of Soto would catch up to Gaudet and probably would of happened sooner if Soto had been more patient and cut the ring off instead of chasing him. The Soto fight gave Gaudet a big experience advantage over McGuinness. However, there is no way that McGuinness goes into this fight not prepared or overlooking Gaudet. I do not believe Gaudet and McGuinness have the same power. Remember McGuinness has always fought at lightweight and is dropping down to the superfeather for this fight. He will be much bigger than Gaudet and carry the power he had at a higher weight. Gaudet has been stunned by much lighter guys who aren't well known. McGuinness last fight was also a learning experience as he fought a tough Mexican with heavy hands. The amount of shots McGuinness absorbed in the later rounds actually proves he has a chin because he never went down. Does anyone believe Gaudet would of taken those? Not to say taking shots is a good thing at all but McGuiness took the experience of having survived a war. I do not beleive Gaudet has done the same because he moves really well, slick and boxes but when pressed with power or pressure I do not beleive he can handle that. It will be an interesting, entertaining fight but eventually Gaudet will fall to the constant pressure and be broken down. Not sure the fight is 10rd or 12rd since it is for the NABA title? My prediction McGuinness wins inside 7 rounds.

The only thing questionable is your knowledge of boxing and boxers!

Rob C,

I have no problem with your opinion of my thoughts. I actually find it humorous that I touched a sensitive nerve of yours.
However, the thread is about personal thoughts on the fights at Hershey Ctr.
Since you know "boxers" & "boxing", why don't you enlighten us all on your thoughts of the fight card. I'll assume that if you are unable to do this than you were just being ignorant.

How do you know Sotto took him lightly? Were you at his training? Do you personaly know Sotto? Nobody, specialy a mexican fighter, takes a former amateur world bronze medalist and Olympian lightly! Believe me I know fighters and trainers and matchmakers relay all the facts to theme before the fight. Gaudete boxed well that fight and not just with Sotto but all Mexican fighters have trouble with boxers with good lateral movement. If Benoit had more snap on his punches to keep Sotto off prolly would have been a much closer fight. But he didnt and eventualy Sotto broke him down being the stronger fighter. Do I think logan is even close to being Sottos caliber, no! Not even close. Does Logan crack as good as Sotto? Not even close! Benoits been in big fights both amateur and pro he knows how to control a fight and stay focused. Has Logan been to an olympic games? Has he medaled at a world championship? Has he fought for a world title as a pro? NO! And thats gonna be a huge advantage for Gaudete. Logan has a bright future and this fight will be a good learning experience for him but hes gonna lose Todd mark my words!

Hey Mike do you like smoked meat sandwiches? I hope so because once Beniot is road kill and you can take that home and eat it all day long. ORDER UP

Chingy you sound like a punk if we ever came face to face and you saw me I would knock you out and then eat you like a smoked meat sandwich! Stop talking s#@! keep it clean on here any punk can be an internet warrior if your for real start writing with your real name believe me Im not shy and I get around to alot of the shows around Canada I would have no problem pullin you aside and teaching you some respect the old school way!

Look Michelle, you sound like a typical ignorant, obnixous french person. I'm 56 years old and retired from the game a long time ago so fighting you on the undercard "old school" style is not an option. Stop making a fool of yourself. I'm a fight fan and huge toronto supporter. I never attacked you and only stated my opinon of the fight which is what this thread is all about. The lightening stikes oct 22nd make sure to bring your umbrealla you'll need it.

Chingy you are a vey rude punk. Give us your real name I would love to know who you are.All you do is come here to gross people out .I am 50 years old and I would love to face a punk like you.And you don't know what the hell you are talking about.Please stay off the forum you are just a fool nobody give's a **** about.

When the dust settles and the fight is over, then you can talk to me about questionable, and how knowledge you thought you had.

Hey Ramus have you ever noticed when you go outside and it's raining you get wet? remember that oct 22nd...

I will remember that. I will also personally buy you an umbrella.

You can buy as many umbrellas as you want, Ramyus, but it's not going to protect you from the toronto thunder.
lightening strikes oct22nd.

I put my $$ on Benoit!!

saturn
I put my $$ on Benoit!!

You will lose your money if you don't listen to Chingy. This is how the fight will turnout.

Smoked salmon baguette, smoke meat sandwiches.
Lightening strikes, the road kill, getting wet in the rain, Toronto thunder.

lol.. i doubt u would bet ur soul omar; but i'll bet u less.. $100.00 Benoit wins!!

I think Benoit will take Logan to school.
The bet should be on if Benoit can stop Logan with his limited power or not.
After watching Logan last fight I say a TKO in the later rounds for Gaudet.

Good one omar lol

Logan is a Hell of a fighter; but I would bet on Gaudet because of his experience, His boxing ability, and the fight is at 130 pounds. Making that weight is going to kill Logan :(

Not only is he going to make it no problem, but his power will much more evident against the smaller opponents.

what y'all fail to realize is benoit can't punch his way out a wet paper bag... boxing is about respect and benoit doesn't have one single punch anybody got to respect. he might last a few rounds because of his footwork but that is about it. Logan will walk right through and turn this guy into french toast. You can take that all the way back to old montreal.

Could Pernel Whitaker punch? Not really but he could control the ring with defence, counter punching and lateral movement. Boxing is about skills and controling the ring theres alot of fighters who are not great punchers but are respected! Logan has a bright future but he loses this fight decision

boxfan
Good one omar lol

Here's another good one.
I think Ibrahim Kamal who will be fighting on the undercard would beat Logan or Benoit anyday.

Don't think so. Who's gonna be in vargas corner at hershey centre????

true that Omar he's a kammal is a contender also from toronto I should point out.

Great 11th round TKO for Logan...Well done Champ!

Congrats Logan! So glad you proved all the doubters wrong. You have incredible heart! Wow!

Looking back at the posts now that the fight is over it's interesting how all the "boxing experts" on this forum who didn't give Logan a chance of winning, have nothing to say now.

Just goes to show you anything can happen in a 12 round fight!

todd, I wouldn't say previous posters were "boxing experts"... They were just typical, ignorant obnoxious french people who wear tight pants. anyway dawson said said it best they can all "sit down with their tight pants" and like i said stick to eating their smoked salmon baguettes.

I woudln't boast so much. It's not like Gaudet wasn't schooling McGuinness for 10 rounds until he ran out of gas.

As for Cheikho vs Vargas: What a fight!

Point is it's a "12 round" fight NOT 10!

However, great respect for Gaudet who looked fantastic in the fight and is a classy guy outside the ring.

Co-main event was sensational performance by both!

Davey, I"m not even sure if we were watching boxing for the first 11 rounds? It's not like gaudet wasn't bouncing around in circles like some sort of gay chimpanzee, avoiding logan the whole night. it wasn't even fun to watch... but same thing happened as in the soto fight logan caught up with him and all it took was one punch. I mean even logan's jab's were stunning him. dude needs to get some power and fight light a pro, not an amateur.

If by fighting like a pro you mean being WAY down on 3 scorecards after 10 rounds then I'd say that McGuinness does a good job of that.

Todd
Looking back at the posts now that the fight is over it's interesting how all the "boxing experts" on this forum who didn't give Logan a chance of winning, have nothing to say now.

Just goes to show you anything can happen in a 12 round fight!

I can't speak for others but I am very impressed with Logan performance. Good fight.

Davey, are you french? the way your are whining is very typical of quebec and how all they do is cry and cry and cry and expect the rest of canada to support them. sit down with your tight pants yo boy got knocked out 2 times in a row.

I was impressed with how Logan handled the situation which was I'm sure very frustrating. I will give him this; he never gave up, he just kept trying, relentlessly going forward and pursuing Gaudet, that perseverance certainly paid off in the end; he tried and tried and tried for an opening, a flaw in Gaudets defence and he finally found it. What a spectacular take down and victory. yes, as a previousposter stated, it was a 12 round fight, not ten.Congratulations to Logan!

Chingy
Davey, are you french? the way your are whining is very typical of quebec and how all they do is cry and cry and cry and expect the rest of canada to support them. sit down with your tight pants yo boy got knocked out 2 times in a row.

You, sir, are a moron.

/end thread/

I also attended and it was a great show.

Does anyone know if it was broadcast on TV or if it will be shown on delay anywhere?

Thx

I must agree! He is a moron. On that note, congrats to Logan. He pulled it off. I would next like to see Logan fight Pierre Olivier Cote and see if he has tight pants. What say you Chingy...

when and why did logan switch trainers?

Only chris johnson knows why everyone left his ass. But it was for the best!!

Cote good fighter. They aren't even in the same division though so sit down with your tight pants for making a stupid suggestions like that. pascal is next .

http://www.boxingchannel.tv/logan-mcguinness-talks-to-al-bernstein-in-the-ring-after-his-thrilling-come-from-behind-tko-win-over-benoit-gaudet

HENNESSY SPORTS
http://www.boxingchannel.tv/logan-mcguinness-talks-to-al-bernstein-in-the-ring-after-his-thrilling-come-from-behind-tko-win-over-benoit-gaudet

So will the fight be broadcast anywhere?

Thx

Yo Chingy,
Who do you think McGuiness will fight next. Maybe Arash Usmanee,. If so what do you think about that match up? Cote has since moved up.

That would be a great fight... hope it happens. tough call though. If they went toe to toe I would probably pick Arash.

We agree on that one. McGuiness has great cardio, helps him through the later rounds. I am not sure of Arash in a twelve rounder. It would be a great fight. I would like to see that one. Hard to call.

McGuiness, from Orangeville, is 16-0, mostly at lightweight. Why did he drop down to practically a featherweight instead of fighting Ibrahim Kamal for the Canadian lightweight title? Is this just a case of no promoter willing to pony up the cash for a fight with two unmarketable names? McGuiness has a title now, but Kamal "The Toronto Firearm"(6-0)had to go down to Mexico to find a decent payday. There is no real competition in Canada at 135, so maybe the CPBF should just award McGuiness the lightweight title by acclamation.