Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Ortiz vs Mayweather

Any Predictions???
I think Mayweather will beat the hell out of Ortiz Saturday night just to prove a point to all the Pacquiao followers.
I think it will be a worse beating than Gatti took from Mayweather. Ortiz is made for Mayweather's style. Mayweather will be able to pick him up and pick him down, he'll be able to catch him coming in and standing still.
I'd love to see Ortiz win but I don't think it will happen, not even close.

Re: Ortiz vs Mayweather

Maywheather should win thats the only think I agree.
I think it will be Maywheater's toughest fight since Castillo. Ortiz can punch and move, he droped every opponent he faced.
If u want Ortiz to win I think u will enjoy this fight.

I really hope so Omar. I loves the way Ortiz fights and I know he can hit but he also gets hit.
Mayweather is something special and if he comes to fight he'll destroy Ortiz.

thats the reason why Mayweather is fighting Ortiz, he knows he can beat him... If he does beat him and Pacman beats Marques, then we will see Mayweather make every excuse not to fight Pacman again... He knows Pacman will destroy him.... just my 2 cents worth

I must say I really do like Ortiz. He might be the guy to watch for the next 10 years or so. He could be a superstar. This fight is all wrong for him though. He does have a punchers chance and I would love to see him win. At the same time I want Mayweather to win so we can see Pacquiao fight and beat Mayweather. I see the first 4 to 6 rounds being competitive but I think Mayweather just has way to much defense for Ortiz. Mayweather will counter hook him and win by KO in the 9th. Thats my prediction. Hes just to sharp for Ortiz. Then again maybe Mayweather will finally start to get old in the ring. At 34 and an almost 2 year lay off, one has to wonder if he can still perform at the high level he is acustom too. It should be an interesting fight.

MAYWEATHER 9th ROUND KO. What are your predictions?

My prediction:
Ref stops the fight in the 5th after Ortiz is knocked down twice. Staggering, bloodied and bruised.

Quote: Cryin Brains
Any Predictions???
I think Mayweather will beat the hell out of Ortiz Saturday night just to prove a point to all the Pacquiao followers.
I think it will be a worse beating than Gatti took from Mayweather. Ortiz is made for Mayweather's style. Mayweather will be able to pick him up and pick him down, he'll be able to catch him coming in and standing still.
I'd love to see Ortiz win but I don't think it will happen, not even close.

Mayweather late stoppage, or clear decision after possibly a few shaky moments early. Hoping for Ortiz to put him on his f*cking back though. Mayweather's just gonna continue to lead us on into thinking he'll fight Pacquiao, when in reality, probably never will.

In the last 5 years Mayweather only ko was Hatton.
You know Hatton looks like a bunny jumping up and down right in front of your face,even then it took Mayweather 10 rounds to get rid of him.
Looks like i am the only one who thinks Ortiz will be there for 12 rounds.

This kid is such an underdog and has nothing to lose that I think its gonna be a better fight then what people expect. If you look at Ortiz fights he starts off strong then loses focus alot. Thats the only thing that I worry about for him is if he can stay focused for 12 rounds. If he can I think it goes the distance and he gives Mayweather all he can handle. This kid is in amazing shape, hes young, very strong physicaly and can punch. Maybe Im way off but I got a feeling about this fight

Lots of good opinions in this thread,Such as .
-Mayweather is special-
No doubt about it.
-Ortiz might be the guy to watch for the next 10 years he could be a superstar-
Exactly what I think, he takes his game very seriously, his a southpaw, his strong, fast and his only 24 year old.
- The reason why Mayweather is fighting Ortiz, he knows he can beat him -
Your right the prove is in the pudding, he never lost a fight.

Ortiz should make it interesting early, but Floyd will adapt find his range and counter the crap out of him.

Anyone know if the Oasis or any other bar is showing the fight ? Good undercard too with Alvarez/Gomez and Moales/Cano .

Yes the oasis is showing it.

I know this goes against the grain but I think Ortiz will catch him early, then we will see how true a Champion Mayweather is..
I'm taking Ortiz on this one...

Thats Ortiz's only chance, to catch him early. He wont outbox Mayweather. I hope Ortiz pulls it off actually. I wanted to see Pac do it but now I really wanna see Ortiz catch him early. Then Pac and Ortiz can do it.

I am sure Ortiz will be in best shape of his life if so then his punching power should be around for a while, wich means he could catch Mayweather early or late in this fight.
If Mayweather ever going to lose a fight this cat might be the one to do it.

mayweather is a disgrace to the sport.

Email   ubkjhbkj   Website

may weather should start selling crack because he is a punk bitc5h just like them /he is a sneak ***** ***** and should be banned from boxing /he could not wipe mannys ass

that was so greasy. Floyd is a ***** for doing that. He knew he was wrong. He even said it in the post fight interview. I do love how Merchent made him look like a b itch.

Floyds an idiot!

Caveman you are right bud that was sad,Ortiz and his headbutt's were sad also.Mayweather look like he was on the road to winning anyway,why he acted the way he did just add's fuel to those who think he is a punk.Anyway it certainly was not a class move,Ortiz did not show much class himself,as if boxing need's more controversy.Bring on Manny and let's get it on.Ortiz is not the same type of fighter Floyd and Manny are.Mayweather still has the good's but sadly he still has little respect for the boxing community.Ortiz after he foul's Mayweather decide's to have a hugfest,funny thing for a guy to do after trying to but his apponent.Class is not often seen in combat sport's,Mayweather's arrogance toward's the world is childish and only gives more reason to his distracter's him to disrespect instead of admiring his unbeleivable skill's.

one dirty cheap shot got another dirty cheap shot!

Be honest and ask yourself this, if Floyd jumped off both feet with a diliberate headbut to Ortiz, and then Ortiz did what Floyd did most comments in this forum would be different.

IE: Floyd's a bch!!
Got what he deserved!
What a diry fighter!
Floyd should know "protect yourself at all times"

Before you guys go off and start bashing me for writing this I said at the begining that it was a dirty cheap shot, but I'll tell you, that was one of the dirtiest intentional headbuts I seen in a long time, and if things were reversed I think people on here would be justifying Ortiz and saying Floyd got what he deserved or he should have known better.

Here's my take on it. Yes Ortiz jumped off of both feet and head butted Mayweather. This was a foul and he knew it was wrong. Heat of the moment can do that to people. He felt really bad about it after and showed respect by acknowledged it and that he was wrong. The ref did his job and took a point. Ortiz was wrong. Here's what was really wrong, and I watched it about 6 times over. Ortiz did embrace mayweather and the second his arms left the embrace and were lowered Mayweather threw two quick cheap shots. It was dirty and he is getting credit for it. Ortiz didn't get credit for his dirty head butt that's why a point was taken away. Mayweather shouldn't get credit for a KO. It was dirty and the ref was still in the middle of asking time keepers if they were ready. Should be called a no contest. Also Mayweather should be a man of his word and give Ortiz the rematch he said he would give him.

I hope Mayweather is remebered for his cheap shot.
He robbed the fans with a gun, to end fight the way he did what a shame.

Ortiz on the other hand should be slapped by every fan who went to see his fight, while they were booing and disappointed, happy Ortiz was having fun of his life. Hugging and kissing Mayweather and anyone he could lay his eyes on.

The headbutt was pretty funny he was trying so hard.
He had been at it for few rounds, he finally landed one. He's not a dirty fighter.
Idk if he was looking for a way out or was trying to frustrate Mayweather.

I think Manny Pacquiao just made more fans on sathurday night.

It was an all around ugly disappointing fight but when Mayweather gets into Merchant's face like that was an all time low. Merchant is a miserable ol' ******* but you don't get into the face of the man. Mayweather displayed no class whatsoever. Boxing as a sport didn't need their most prized asset making the sport look like a spectacle.

I dunno guys, if you already didn't like mayweather then he didn't give you a reason too..... But Ortiz was using his head the whole fight, and when he jumped off the ground with 2 feet that was the most blatent cheap shot I've seen from anybody other than Golota or Tyson's ear bite..... A far as Mayweathers retaliation, yeah it was dirty, but it was in retaliation, and protect yourself at all times... I've seen guys swing when the other guy trys to touch gloves at the start.
As far as Merchant, he is an ignorant shtdisturber in the same frame as Jim Gray, always asking questions that try to get a bad reaction, although maybe not quite as bad.
Mayweather being who he is doesn't have enough class to do the right thing and take the high road though, but look at where he comes from.... No surprise.

I think Larry Merchant is just honest and asks the tough questions. Mayweather takes everything personal. Hes a brat with no respect. The way he puts anybody thats not a part of his team down, beating up his baby mother, talking to his father like that on tv in front of the whole world to see. Hes a punk! But it just so happens hes one of the best fighters in the world. Do I respect him as a fighter? Yes. But why would I cheer for a punk? I would rather see a decent person win rather then let this ego maniacs head get any bigger. Ortiz did foul and it was pretty bad. But hes a kid in the heat of the moment in a big fight. He got frustrated. Why the hell did he go over to hug Mayweather again I have no idea! That was really stupid on his part and I dont like to put people down but just from watching the 24 7 and some of his interviews he doesnt seem like the sharpest knife in the droer.

My initial thoughts to the fight made me lose respect for Mayweather... THEN I reflected on it and thought about it:

It comes down to rules and morals.

A concrete rule: No low blows, no head butts, etc...
A concrete rule is: Protect yourself at all times.

Morality itself is construct, it is defined differently from one to the other. Good sportsmanship to one could be shaking hands after a fight, or trading shirts (soccer). What I mean is it's different from one to the other.

1. Ortiz broke a concrete rule by headbutting. To many, he also displayed poor sportsmanship (if you think it was poor sportsmanship)

2. Mayweather KEPT with the rules, but also displayed poor sportsmanship (if you think it was poor sportsmanship)

So really by looking at faults it's Ortiz > Mayweather

I don't agree with two wrongs making a right, but this is how it happened.

What does upset me is a guy with such skills, just doesn't have the heart to fight the distance and give the crowd what they want. But as many would say, this is his job and he sees his job as most do, a paycheque.

This is just my opinion.. Everyone has their own thoughts and values in which I respect.

Thank you

I agree, in my opinion it comes down to sportsmanship. Floyd was within the rules BUT it was cheap. I believe Ortiz was frustrated and knowingly intentionaly tried to injure Floyd with that headbutt. That being said I understand a clash of heads and then appologizing but not something so blatant. I too did not here Cortez say "box" but I consider Cortez a pretty good ref and he saying "Floyd did nothing wrong" makes me think he did give instruction. Though he was distracted and did looked shocked to see Ortiz fall. I just wonder why he would just start counting and not disqualify Floyd if he didn't give instruction to box.

Hey Cory Cortez clearly says lets go and claps his hands together. Then Ortiz embraces Mayweather with a hug. Then we can see the ref looking at the time keeper. The greasy things is after Ortiz's arms go down from the embrace Mayweater hits him when hes not ready. Action was started and it was legal but it wasn't fair thats for sure. I think Floyd was acting on emotion as well.

Quote: corey
one dirty cheap shot got another dirty cheap shot!

Be honest and ask yourself this, if Floyd jumped off both feet with a diliberate headbut to Ortiz, and then Ortiz did what Floyd did most comments in this forum would be different.

IE: Floyd's a bch!!
Got what he deserved!
What a diry fighter!
Floyd should know "protect yourself at all times"

Before you guys go off and start bashing me for writing this I said at the begining that it was a dirty cheap shot, but I'll tell you, that was one of the dirtiest intentional headbuts I seen in a long time, and if things were reversed I think people on here would be justifying Ortiz and saying Floyd got what he deserved or he should have known better.
I agree completely with what your saying. Why would you jump head butt someone than try and kiss them. Check out my website in regards to the fight.

I definately wouldn't have a double standard. I'd be ****** at ortiz. If anyone cheapshotted his opponent after a foul when he was saying sorry I'd be upset. Furthermore if Ortiz cheapshotted mayweather I'd be even more ****** at ortiz. He would ruin what floyd built his career on, the undefeated record and more importantly he would ruin a potential match up with Pacquiao. A legal sucker punch is not cool in my books no matter who it comes from. Doesn't make Floyd look good. He knew it and that why he got all defensive and upset. His head is to big to admit.

Cortez is partially to blame also,he should sent both to a neutral corner.Mayweather and Ortiz did boxing a big diservice.

NEWSFLASH: this fight was fixed... it is just entertainment and they had the story line well planned out. It's no different that reality TV show. When there is that much $$$ at stake things are going on behind the scenes, u know it. Its just the way it is
and how it always will be.
its sad but the truth hurts.

Email  
Lou DiBella on Mayweather-Ortiz Ending

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:6998592

Re: Lou DiBella on Mayweather-Ortiz Ending

Mayweather is a cocky greedy prima donna with incredible skill.The only thing deeper then his skill level is his shallow pathetic soul.He burn's money ,the money people paid to see him.He is what's wrong with this money grubbing world.Today or any day is not a good time to brag about how much you have when so many have less or none,just a spoiled little ********* I will never pay to see Ortiz fight again,I read he was looking for a way out,seem's totally possible and probable.Mayweather say's it's all about the money ,he should bring that up to his savior, Jesus,the next time he pray's.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains