Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
oct and nov

we have fights in calagry and halifax oct in calagry and nov5 halifax

Re: oct and nov

The important question is, who is Tyson fighting in Halifax and where is the venue. Is it all confirmed up yet?

bam bam soto !!!!!! 31w 26ko 9losses

Tyson whats Bam Bam Soto's first name? I want to look him up on Boxrec.

don't remember his first name but look at Gauthier on Box Rec...he koed him and follow from there

Yovanny Soto ( 32-11)is his name. Correct me if I am wrong caveman

thats the guy kevin i see they give steve moliter a money fight against sebistion what the fuc666k last time i looked tyson is the canadian champ and wbc champ at 122 i guess money gets u what ever u want kevin

Caveman good choice of opponents. I just looked at Soto's record on boxrec. He has fought alot of quality opponts. I see he also fought AJ Banal. I hope Tyson goes to work right away and makes a statement. All the best and I'll be there rooting for you guys.

caveman if molter and sebestian want to keep running form the champ I say tyson just fights jean pascal. that guy is a ***** and got beat up by somebody 20 years older than him so it would make history to beat him weighing 20 pounds less. then the rest of canada will recognize the true talent of the prince.

Email  

Quote: Chingy
caveman if molter and sebestian want to keep running form the champ I say tyson just fights jean pascal. that guy is a ***** and got beat up by somebody 20 years older than him so it would make history to beat him weighing 20 pounds less. then the rest of canada will recognize the true talent of the prince.

I'd like to see your stupid a$$ in with Hopkins, see how you'll look..... Hopkins is a fuc**king ring legend, 47 years old or not...... Look at who that man has beaten.... 20 lbs less would still be a middleweight, don't think Tyson has ever been near that...... idiot.
I'm highly doubting Molitor is scared, if it made financial sense I'm sure he'd be in, but fact is a Canadian title just isn't worth that much.... It would be all risk and no reward for Molitor.

Kamala, why you got the hate on? your whole argument is flawed from the very beginning. first I don't even box I'm just a fan so why would I get in the ring? Next I agree with you that Bernard is a legend and even at 47 he is still a supreme boxer, but you missed the point. The point is that he exposed pascal and you can't argue that it is a fact all of the world saw. I'm not saying it would ever happen, but since tyson is a legend in his prime anything is possible. if they fought It would be a huge fight and I think there is a good chance pascal would be tired after 4 rounds and wouldn't be able to catch up. then tyson would go to work and win. I"m not saying he would KO him, but look at pacquio and cotto. packman was way smaller but still took coto down. anything is possible it might never happen, but you must trust and believe.

Email  

good thing you don't box...you're already punchy

There you go Caveman,set Tyson 118 against Pascal 168,Tyson can tire him out .Then we can have Vatili fighting Donaire for all the titles from 122 up.Molly has fought far better apponent's then Tyson,but Tyson could frustrate him.I like Tyson but he need's afew more fight's before I see a legend in his prime.Good luck your next fight Tyson,don't expect you to call out the super middleweight's anytime soon.

Tyson would have to eat blocks of butter all day to hit 168

Kamala, why you got the hate on? your whole argument is flawed from the very beginning. first I don't even box I'm just a fan so why would I get in the ring? Next I agree with you that Bernard is a legend and even at 47 he is still a supreme boxer, but you missed the point. The point is that he exposed pascal and you can't argue that it is a fact all of the world saw. I'm not saying it would ever happen, but since tyson is a legend in his prime anything is possible. if they fought It would be a huge fight and I think there is a good chance pascal would be tired after 4 rounds and wouldn't be able to catch up. then tyson would go to work and win. I"m not saying he would KO him, but look at pacquio and cotto. packman was way smaller but still took coto down. anything is possible it might never happen, but you must trust and believe.

Right, so because just like Bernard Hopkins, Tyson cave is a legend ( except Tyson Cave is in his prime ).
Therefore, since Hopkins exposed Pascal as having obvious weakness's, Tyson can expolit those weakness, make up for the 40 lbs weight difference and win
( although MAYBE not by KO, although it is possible ).

Then like Rick said, he can KO Donaire before the ultimate showdown with Vitali to Unify all the titles from 122 and up, where I'm sure Tysons jumping uppercut will be the knockout blow.......

what a stupid comment.omg cmon this is getting foolish...tyson and his followers can talk the talk but tyson only had 1 or 2 opponents so far.a molitor or guatier would outbox tyson.these guys have been in with opponents...although it would be a great payday for tyson...

I find it hard to believe if you;re a "resl boxing fan" that you believe that molitor or guatier would have their way with Tyson, I think either or would be a great fight. Tyson just made AJ look stupid in the ring, in my own opinion.

Quote: Adam Connolly
I find it hard to believe if you;re a "resl boxing fan" that you believe that molitor or guatier would have their way with Tyson, I think either or would be a great fight. Tyson just made AJ look stupid in the ring, in my own opinion.

I'll give Tyson credit he fought against Banal like he fought everybody 10 years ago, it was the best he looked in years.
That being said banal is a pure brawler custom made for Tysons style, and it also ahowcased that Tyson still has to hit the guy to win the fight, no matter how much he makes the guy miss.

I think fights like that are going to scare away potential opponents just like what happened to Ian Gardner...... The risk of fighting Tyson won't be worth it, even if somebody beats him they will look like sh!!t doing it.
I guess Tyson needs to win a big fight to make these guys have to fight him, now is the time.

Tyson has a real unique style that gives anybody problems for the first half of the fight. A good puncher breaks Tyson down late in the fight but not head hunting because Tyson is very elusive but by hitting that body hard early on and breaking him down late in the fight. A couple more fights and a good training camp he has a shot at beating Gautier or Molitor

kamala we are having a hell of a time gettings fights in canada /sebestin or moliter will not fight tyson so u tell me whats a guy to do

Kamala I think you need to stop watching big brother and look at the stats. How about AJ banal? Is that not a big fight? that quitter was ranked top 10 in the world and tyson schooled him. people have already noticed and the reality is sure maybe these dudes would look bad and not make money fighting, but tyson is the canadian champ at 122 and it should be mandatory for gatuither and molter to step up and have to fight. if they are true champs they should be able to win no matter what. but they aren't and will lose.

Email  

true that chingy ur will never see that fights

How much do you guys think a a fights worth with Tyson and either one of those guys? Molitor and Gautier pack a decent punch so that fight could draw some fireworks. Tysons not a big puncher so he fights either of those guys its the hunter chasing the rabbit. People are more interested in seeing Molitor and Gautier then Cave against either of those guys. Gautier sells tickets in Quebec and Molitor is a household name. Tyson isnt. Even though he has a chance of beating either of those guys promoters will look to better oponents and matchmaking for the fans and the card. I dont think theres a promoter in halifax that can pay the money Molitor or Gautier wants for a fight in halifax.

mike moliter is a ***** just like his mananger adam harris

Kamala I think you need to stop watching big brother and look at the stats. How about AJ banal? Is that not a big fight? that quitter was ranked top 10 in the world and tyson schooled him. people have already noticed and the reality is sure maybe these dudes would look bad and not make money fighting, but tyson is the canadian champ at 122 and it should be mandatory for gatuither and molter to step up and have to fight. if they are true champs they should be able to win no matter what. but they aren't and will lose.

Man you have no idea what the fu4k your talking about.
1st of all a Canadian Championship isn't worth sh!!t in the big picture, 9 times out of 10 the guys fighting for it are not even ranked in the top 5 for it..... And then once they get it they usually give it up because its not worth enough to defend it a couple of times a year.
So why in the hell should a world ranked guy whos getting tens of thousands of dollars a fight have to fight for 3 or 4 thousand? If Tyson was in that position should he have to fight for far less than he's capable of? Yeah, we'll get guys like Bute, Pascal etc etc and make them fight a Canadian guy 10 notches below their level for a title they will never defend, for a few thousand dollars.
Whatever the fu4k your smoking, send some to me next weekend, it sounds pretty good to me.

Yeah Tyson looked good against banal, but guess what? On paper its a loss, and anybody who sees that fight is not going to put their guy in with Tyson and take a chance..... The other side of this is the casey fight is on you-tube now too, and everybody can see that too.

Quote: scrapman/caveman
kamala we are having a hell of a time gettings fights in canada /sebestin or moliter will not fight tyson so u tell me whats a guy to do

I dunno, I know your doing the best you can.
This whole business of fighting on the road in peoples backyards is tough, your gonna get screwed a lot just like last time.
I know this is easier said than done, but you need a backer, that would fix 99% of the problem.

Kamala, my bad. I really thought the candaian title carried more weight, but after thinking about it I guess your right. I mean if we are being honest to get that belt tyson only had to fight steve Cannell so really it is more like a nova scotia title and the reality is nobody cares or even knows where nova scotia is so in the big picture your probably right that it means nothing... and since we have such a small market we won't be able to get big names coming to us (not worth the risk to fight in somebody elses backyard for peanuts) and so the only option without the money to bring these guys in is to hit the road. and then at the end of the day the risk/reward for these big names isn't there so they are just going to laugh. F**cjkK I thought there was more of a chance but the more I think of it it seems like making sh**T happen is like getting your first job, nobody wants to take the risk on you so you need a break. and as sad as it seems banal was probably tysons big break but since he got screwed that's long gone. **** man now I know why there is so much BS in boxing.

Email  

Kamala, my bad. I really thought the candaian title carried more weight, but after thinking about it I guess your right. I mean if we are being honest to get that belt tyson only had to fight steve Cannell so really it is more like a nova scotia title and the reality is nobody cares or even knows where nova scotia is so in the big picture your probably right that it means nothing... and since we have such a small market we won't be able to get big names coming to us (not worth the risk to fight in somebody elses backyard for peanuts) and so the only option without the money to bring these guys in is to hit the road. and then at the end of the day the risk/reward for these big names isn't there so they are just going to laugh. F**cjkK I thought there was more of a chance but the more I think of it it seems like making sh**T happen is like getting your first job, nobody wants to take the risk on you so you need a break. and as sad as it seems banal was probably tysons big break but since he got screwed that's long gone. **** man now I know why there is so much BS in boxing.

I think your starting to look at the big picture a bit more.... Boxing has the side people see on TV, and what the people on the inside want everybody to know...... Then there is the whole other side where business and money are involved, thats where it gets messy.... I think you could probably compare it to being a musician, there are a ton of talented musicians but it takes a break, and usually a backer... Talent isn't always enough.

Tyson has someone with his best interest looking out for him, if you can't trust your dad then who can you trust? Tyson will get more chances, he just needs a fair chance on neutral ground against the right guy, and soon.

thanks kamala

What about if Tyson went into mma? There can't be many people at 118 that would be able to keep up with him. being a striker he would have more exciting fights than those guys that roll around on the ground. AND there's much more money in MMA so he could probably get sponsored by redbull or something?

Email  

I thought that winning a canadian title gave you a top ten ranking for a north american title? If that is the case i say it carries some weight. But the problem is most fighters that win the title dont defend and use the title as a stepping stone.Outside of the cruserweight division in Canada I dont see any other division that is active in terms of title defences.

Email  

Quote: kevin
I thought that winning a canadian title gave you a top ten ranking for a north american title? If that is the case i say it carries some weight. But the problem is most fighters that win the title dont defend and use the title as a stepping stone.Outside of the cruserweight division in Canada I dont see any other division that is active in terms of title defences.

I guess you could make that case that it automatically makes you a top 10 for a NABF
( Maybe? ) but even then what is a NABF worth? I mean in this whole racket whos actually making a decent living? I dunno, I think it carries more weight with people who don't really know the sport.... A lot of people outside the sport think being a pro is a huge deal, but what does that take? A few medical tests and a guy with a $10 trainers licence? I've seen guys on boxrec who are literally like 0-40.

Still nowhere near as bad as the Junior Nationals though lol, half of the titles are walkovers.

What about if Tyson went into mma? There can't be many people at 118 that would be able to keep up with him. being a striker he would have more exciting fights than those guys that roll around on the ground. AND there's much more money in MMA so he could probably get sponsored by redbull or something?

Don't know how much is in MMA locally, on the top levels though boxing is far, far higher.... Lesnar was the highest paid UFC guy @ 400k per fight.
Mayweather wouldn't take a run around the block for that, think he's usually over 20 million per fight.

Theres a lesson for ya, ask yourself how it is that the UFC sells about the same amount of PPV as boxing, but pays its guys 2% of what a top boxer makes.... then ask yourself where that money is going.

No kidding huh? probably gets spent on strippers and cocaine for dana white and his buds.

too bad the fighers aren't smart enough to know what is up and demand more, but it is so big they make money off sponsorships and stuff i'm sure.

Email  

As far as MMA is concerned as much as people make a big deal about it there is limited organizations. Ask yourself a question if you are the biggest company and you know if you fight for it and are getting a guaranteed paycheck you are not going to complain. Dana white takes things personally. With just Bellator left. Where are fighters going to fight? As far as the comments made about not knowing boxing. I thought the point was whether the canadian belt carried any weight. If you are getting nabf rankings and you fight for a promoter that does not have much money. Which is the case for most boxers in this country. I say it still carries some weight.

Email  

No kidding huh? probably gets spent on strippers and cocaine for dana white and his buds.

too bad the fighers aren't smart enough to know what is up and demand more, but it is so big they make money off sponsorships and stuff i'm sure.

At one time the UFC was even in control of what its fighters could sponsor, theres a whole list of crazy stuff if you google it..... You can't leave the UFC with the belt either lol.

Quote: kevin
As far as MMA is concerned as much as people make a big deal about it there is limited organizations. Ask yourself a question if you are the biggest company and you know if you fight for it and are getting a guaranteed paycheck you are not going to complain. Dana white takes things personally. With just Bellator left. Where are fighters going to fight? As far as the comments made about not knowing boxing. I thought the point was whether the canadian belt carried any weight. If you are getting nabf rankings and you fight for a promoter that does not have much money. Which is the case for most boxers in this country. I say it still carries some weight.

I dunno, I think some guys have complained ( Dan Henderson, Ortiz, Couture ) but your right its pretty limited where you can make real money doing MMA.
Still doesn't change that the UFC is raping their fighters though.
Never said you didn't know boxing, I guess we differ a bit thats all.
I still see a Canadian Title as a stepping stone though, hard to live on a couple of thousand dollars a fight.

yo scrapman get your stuff together.. Molitor isn't with Harris.
Putz

to huh fuc6666k off

Hugh, doesn't matter who molter is with if he comes to hali he'll get his a$s kicked.
thanks. *****

Email  

lol.thats funny.cmon be real

truth hurts fight man. laugh now, cry later.

Email  

I've gotta agree with Fight Fan. Molitor will never fight here in Halifax. Tyson might be able to land a big fight up in Montreal though. He will have to win a big fight though and maybe then will get his shot at Molitor.

moliter is 60 is he not?

You know Moliotr is so overrated and isn't even that exciting to watch. Tyson would make him look like an amateur.

Email  

I agree with you on that one Chingy. Tyson would make Molitor look bad. I think tyson would outbox him.

u guys are funny.tyson had 2 fights that was real opponents and he lost both.

Quote: Ghizmo78
I agree with you on that one Chingy. Tyson would make Molitor look bad. I think tyson would outbox him.

Tyson can make anybody look bad, but Molitor isn't an unskilled brawler either. He's a slick guy with a long reach, and he's probably familar with Tyson's style too.

fight fan... on paper ya it's a loss I agree, but you clearly didn't see the fights? willie got a lucky punch in the last round and aj had the fight fixed because it was in his backyard.
if tyson/moliter fight on neutral ground prince of hali wins everyday.

Email  

Lucky punch and a fixed fight, huh ?
Thanks for clearing that up for everyone

fight fan... on paper ya it's a loss I agree, but you clearly didn't see the fights? willie got a lucky punch in the last round and aj had the fight fixed because it was in his backyard.
if tyson/moliter fight on neutral ground prince of hali wins everyday.

Dude, every time I start to think your getting a little smarter you go and say something like this.

Obviously YOU didn't see the Casey fight.... Its up on youtube in case your interested.

Ok I had no idea the cassey fight was on youtube, I only read about it in the paper which claimed tyson was outboxing him and then in the 8th round got hit with a body shot.

I just watched the whole thing and i admit cassey did get the best of the prince. HOWEVER notice the prince got up every single time after a knock down which is the sign of a true champ,

2. everybody needs to realize this fight took place well before tyson started training hard and serious with dickey. Tyson has become a new fighter on a world class scale only competing with the best. He would never stand and trade with somebody like cassey anymore that's not his style instead he would outbox him and make him look stupid just like he did to AJ banal. cassey would be a walk in the park if they faught again. anyway for all the haters Soon the prince will capture all the world titles and once he's done that then will probably run for prime minister of canada so everybody better recognize before it's too late.

Email  

Chingy you are delusional my son,and who the hell are you,to have you so much insight ,you are a clown.

Whatever... don't hate the player hate the game. just like my boy flyod will do this weekend watch and see a master at work. Then you'll start to understand the sweet science of boxing and appreciate full talent enraged.

Email  

just for the record tyson was 6 rounds to 2 against casey tyson made the wrong call by standing toe to toe with casey but now for the rest of u if u spent more time putting something positive rather then hating on tyson /larry the leap would not be banging ur girl so from robert tysons dad kiss my motherfuc66king ass

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Robert, Are you guys wanting a rematch with Casey, I think that would be a good fight for Tyson right now while you wait for the winner of the Molitor fight....

YEAH, you know it caveman. But remember all these haters they don't get laid or have women so they don't even know how it feels to be a man and that's why they need to come on and hate.

well they will never get the money or the women because you need to buy low and sell high and first you get the money, then the power then the women. All i say to them is watch and learn as the price rises to the top of the boxing scenic then they'll all come around trying to get in, u watch, but it will be too late,. bring on the next victim

Email  

Actually a fight with Big Bang would be interesting....

actually it wouldn't be very interesting at all.

the prince learned and completey changed as a result of that loss.
willie wouldn't stand a chance anymore and tyson would win every round.

check out the recent fight vs Banal. He couldn't touch tyson and aj is much faster and ranked higher than wilily.

there are much bigger fish for the prince to fry. thanks.

Email  

ya but some boxing writers are criticizing Tyson for his performance in that bout so realistically it would be a good fight for him.

So yes it would be interesting.

they would critise tyson if he beat fuc88king mayweather for christ sake my thoughts fuc99k um

ha ha ha
Your right..I have to agree on that!

F$^&%K um

I hear that, but u know the prince always seems to step up when criticized by the haters. so it is probably a good thing on his rise to top. then once he the king I can guaranttee u all those haters will come back and be his best friend, u watch, but till then stick a diiicccckkk in their mouth

Email  

I hear that, but u know the prince always seems to step up when criticized by the haters. so it is probably a good thing on his rise to top. then once he the king I can guaranttee u all those haters will come back and be his best friend, u watch, but till then stick a diiicccckkk in their mouth

Tyson's had haters since day 1 lol, hasn't always helped him out any.

kamala fuc88k the haters /ther is still good people in the world

OK lets get onto some real topic.

1) Is Tyson still fighting in October and November?

2) Any news on the new boxing gym opening up in Halifax?

yeah

Kamala... what i mean byy it helping is that all publiciy is good publicity... REMEMBER: boxing is entertainment if people criticize you then it creates buzz and people talk and that creates excitement and action. and guess what sells tickets????!!!!!
I think tyson is doing everything right, he is amazing at hyping his fights, he puts on a good show, creates drama and it's all exciting.Look at mayweather... you can't tell me all the people who are "criticizing him" for not fighting pack man is helping him? he loves it, keeps him in the spot light, gives people hope he will fight packman and people keep spending their money on him to find out and follow along.
I still say fuu&&KK the haters but as long as you can turn the table on them and profit from their criticism it is all good.

Email  

Kamala... what i mean byy it helping is that all publiciy is good publicity... REMEMBER: boxing is entertainment if people criticize you then it creates buzz and people talk and that creates excitement and action. and guess what sells tickets????!!!!!
I think tyson is doing everything right, he is amazing at hyping his fights, he puts on a good show, creates drama and it's all exciting.Look at mayweather... you can't tell me all the people who are "criticizing him" for not fighting pack man is helping him? he loves it, keeps him in the spot light, gives people hope he will fight packman and people keep spending their money on him to find out and follow along.
I still say fuu&&KK the haters but as long as you can turn the table on them and profit from their criticism it is all good.

I understand hyping the fight by being the Villian, but when your hometown crowd is booing you, and your still not selling out a small venue, then you have to ask yourself if its really a good idea.
Now that Palooka's is gone, I guess we're going to find out because the days of tiny venues went with it.

It would be cool to have a fight on the waterfront in the summer just like this past summer with the volleyball. Either way there is always the metro center. if there was a title bout and tyson went for the 118 championship as well it could do well

Email  

Where are the fights on Nov 5 th ?

Is there a new gym in the city opening ?

new gym on kempt road fights are nov 18

Hey Robert do you have more details on the new gym opening and also where and who is fighting in November? Would love to know more?

Does anyone have any info on the new gym in Halifax opening up?

call me ghizmo

Cave fight delayed as opponent encounters visa problems

Wed, Oct 5 - 4:53 AM
Tyson Cave’s return to the ring has been delayed.

The Halifax boxer, who holds the WBC Continental Americas super bantamweight title, was scheduled to fight Jesus Ceja in an eight-round tune-up Friday night in Calgary but his Mexican foe encountered visa problems and couldn’t enter the country, trainer Bunny Phillips said Tuesday.

Cave will now get back in the ring Nov. 18 at the Halifax Forum against a yet-to-be-determined opponent, Phillips said.

Cave (15-2) hasn’t fought since losing a controversial technical decision to A.J. Banal for the WBO Asia Pacific bantamweight title in July in the Philippines.

•Another Haligonian, middleweight Jordan Clarke, will fight Friday night for the first time in a year when he meets unbeaten Janks Trotter (5-0-1) of Calgary in a scheduled six-round contest in Edmonton.

Clarke (4-1-2) has been idle since losing a six-round unanimous decision to Richard Reittie last October in Moncton.

my bro was shoot and killed in t.o on the weekend so im off this week but back in the gym soon next fight is for is for him my gym is opening in one week just hard time right now but im tryin it a lot goin on right now but ill be back better then ever wait and see the prince

So sorry for your lose Tyson all the best to you and your family!

WOW Tyson sorry to hear about your loss bro. My thoughts are with you and the family at this time. Take care man.

Tyson sorry to hear you lost a friend,do me a favor and call at 431 5403.If you can't Robert get a hold of me .I have some new equipment for the gym.Tyson pay your respect and heal your soul with kind memories.Waiting to hear from you guy's

my prayers go out to you and your family, tyson. stay strong.

Email  

Jordan if you are reading this forum,Trotter has good timing and power in his right hand,keep your lead right foot on the outside if his left .make him reach with his right hand.Give him lot's of room.Your south paw style and speed should negate his power.Stick to the game plan and don't stand in the pocket,pick your shot's and move.You have great body shot's ,if you can get him reaching with his right ,catch him with your left hand body shot [the one we worked on].Frustrate him and get the w .All my best Rick.

Hey Tyson and Robert any news on the fights in November? Are they still a go? Who's on the card?

Ghiz, any thoughts of being a promoter yourself ?

Hey if I had more experience in the promoting game and time I'd love to get involved in some way or form. Problem is I'm way to busy with my career and investing your time and energy into this is risky. One thing I would do differently is hold the fights at the Forum 4 to 5 times a year if possible and charge alot less for rush tickets. $20 tops for adults and $15 for seniors and children under 12. You would sell way more tickets. The Canada Games is a prime example. They were sold out at the event I went to. There were families there watching and enjoying themselves at an affordable price. People wanna watch boxing but really its not an affordable night for most people. Cabs, $40 cover, drinks etc can run you over $100 for the night. I'd rather lower the rush tickets and have 5000 cheering fans and probably make more money than have 1000 fans watching. Also I would promote the fighters a bit more and get them more face recognition. Its a really tough game to make it though. At the end of the day it we don't have any local talant then were not gonna make it. We need a stable of fighters who will all helps sell out the forum or the metro centre. We can expect one guy to do it all himself.

A lot of great ideas in there. The key being to have a regular schedule of bouts featuring local talent at affordable prices.
I think if we had 3-4 key people , all with different areas of expertise, it would work well.
If anyone out thee is interested, I'd gladly like to help.

Yeah I hear ya toetotoe. We need at least 3 to 4 local guys to make it really happen here. Each guy will have his own fan base to help sell tickets. There are a few amatures here in halifax that I think will go along way in boxing but its gonna be awhile before they even think of going pro. Jason Downey in my opinion will do big things in this sport. I really like this kid. Also Joey Laviolette will also do big things. Hopefully Joey can qualify for the Olympics. Maybe someday these two can help build boxing up in Halifax.

yo check this, Why do people go to mooseheads games? for the fights. I say we put the best moosehead fighter up against a pro, promote the **** out of it and then then it will sell lots of tickets to the mooeheads and boxing. And then you can do a sequel with a rainmen figther versus another boxer. why will this sell because in both cases the winner will probably win by knock out which is what the fans want to see.

Email  

Chingy your joking right?

No.
I would pay for that, wouldn't you?
and I bet a sell out crowd would too...

Email  

I would never pay to see a circus show such as putting hockey players vs. boxers or basketball players vs. boxers. Its a bad idea. Makes boxing look bad. A boxer would win all day. Plus its a lose lose situation for any boxer. Bad idea all around.

foolish talk.

tyson cave vs raul eliseo medina dec3 hfx forum all pro card 6 fights craig hillier, shane upshaw, dan trenaman, jason naugler, kyle macneil and im working on one more.

another easy win.whos naugler fighting.

In Canada, with few exceptions, the big boxing attractions have usually been in the welterweight, middleweight and heavyweight classes. Most small guys have to leave the country to make any money at the fight game, and even they can't make a good living at it. The guys who make real moolah in boxing are the tiny tip of the iceberg. Most have to have a second source of income, especially if they've got a wife and kids. And it's not always the fault of "crooked" promoters.

There are honest boxing promoters just like there are honest used-car salesmen. Even they have to look for sidelines. Jack Corcoran the great boxing promoter of the 1920s and 1930s had to mix in pro wrestling and vaudeville stage shows to make a buck in Toronto.

The Canadian title has always been seen as a stepping stone to greater things. It gets promoters' attention south of the border for one thing. Look at some of the exciting fighters who won the Canadian title and went on to fight for the Commonwealth or World title when that meant something really special to sports fans.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Email Forms   Cheap Domains