Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Adam Trupish interview

My interview with Adam Trupish. I feel not since Lucian Bute has a fighter tested himself so early in his professional career with victories over Walchuck,Sharpe and a rumored bout with Yori Boy Campas.He is currently ranked 15th by the wba. What do you guys think about the comparison in terms of competiton to Bute at this stage of his career?

Re: Adam Trupish interview

very true. i always been a fan of adamz's since he was young. fought and spared anyone and everyone, was lucky to watch many live

I would say that Adam is becoming one of the biggest ducked fighters in Canada. I would like to see David Lemieux give him a chance.

I would hope he can headline a fight instead of seeing Jelena or american journeyman Tye Fields.Whereas he is buried on the undercard. He is top 15 ranked and the canadian and naba champion. I dont see why he cant headline for ko.

I don't think he fights for KO. He's with Mendonca's
crew. Adam headlines Mendonca's cards but he hasn't had one for awhile.

Last I had heard is that Adam is fighting on the ko show oct.7

He did not fight on the october 7th card. Its amazing this guy cant get fights. A two time Olympian with close to 300 amateur fights. Why is Hennesy, Interbox, Gym not after this guy? Instead he is off to Orlando to spar with Miguel Cotto.

adam will kill janks. he will over; match, power, speed....over everything.

trupish and zewski both kill trotter....i hope one of them take the fight!

it would be men vs a boy. trotter ain't ready for the big leads yet.

I say Trupish is ducking Trotter. Why wouldn't he fight him. i heard Troteer interviewed and he said he'd fight for free. What holding him back. I think Trotter may surprise Trupish. Either way i want to see it!!

The last internet thing I read was Trotter vs. Trupish in Calgary Jan 2012. We'll see how it goes down. Find out who really wants to fight. See if Trotter willing to step up and back the talk.

Hey jason.. have you seen adam's response on the boxing examinder ? If you haven't he's not ducking anybody he's just mindful of the business side of boxing and trying to land some fights that will push his career forward. maybe you should educate yourself before taking ****.

If Trupish is so confident Trotter should be a notch on the belt. There should be no downside to fighting Trotter-unless of course he's afraid to lose his belt. I like to think of myself as educated but all I see is talk from from both of them. Make the fight happen and see who's the better boxer.

Hey jason.. I'll try and dumb this down a little bit more for you and explain this to you one more time and hopefully you'll get it.

Time is money. u should study business and economics and learn what "opportunity cost" means. Because then maybe you will understand what is going on.

Simply put, Take sidney crosby for example. you probably know him? he's one of the best.. sure he could go play in some farm team league and tear it up and make little to no money in the process and sure it would be an easy game for him and as you like to say a "notch" in his belt... ORRRRR he could spend his time playing in the NHL and make millions and actually move his career forward by playing in big games. why would he ever chose to go play in some crap league (unless it was a charity game) even if he knew he could win?
think about that for a minute...

Trupish is on to bigger and better things from what I understand. LIke i said read the press relaese he put on boxing examinder he basically says exactly what I said above in his own words. Trupish has been there done that, been all around the world, olympics, canadian championships, etc. what the **** has trotter done ? he's exciting to watch and great for boxing, but on a different level.

In boxing you are as good as your last fight.
whether you went to the olympics, pan ams, commonwhelth games or not.
Benoit Gaudet 10 times Canadian champion, olympian vs Logan. You know the results.
Trupish 2 times olypian vs Zewski, who one month earlier lost to Clayton in the Canadian champions. beat Trupish in the boxoff. Went on to become number 5 in the world championship in Italy.
Trotter is a strong fighter who never lost a fight.
I won't be surprised to see him fight big fights in 1 or 2 years, with the help of a good promoter.

Chingy
Hey jason.. I'll try and dumb this down a little bit more for you and explain this to you one more time and hopefully you'll get it.

Time is money. u should study business and economics and learn what "opportunity cost" means. Because then maybe you will understand what is going on.

Simply put, Take sidney crosby for example. you probably know him? he's one of the best.. sure he could go play in some farm team league and tear it up and make little to no money in the process and sure it would be an easy game for him and as you like to say a "notch" in his belt... ORRRRR he could spend his time playing in the NHL and make millions and actually move his career forward by playing in big games. why would he ever chose to go play in some crap league (unless it was a charity game) even if he knew he could win?
think about that for a minute...

Trupish is on to bigger and better things from what I understand. LIke i said read the press relaese he put on boxing examinder he basically says exactly what I said above in his own words. Trupish has been there done that, been all around the world, olympics, canadian championships, etc. what the **** has trotter done ? he's exciting to watch and great for boxing, but on a different level.

Apparently you my friend are a Trupish nut higher. Trupish is a good boxer but his pro record is what 9-0. Trotter is 7-0. Sure Trupish was in the Olympics-how'd he do? All I am saying that the #1 fighter should fight the number #2 fighter. Sounds pretty simple to me. Have Trupish destroy all comers and get a 20-0 record and will talk about opportunity. I think Trupish with 9-0 is solid but so is Trotter at 7-0. Have the two throw down. There are guys 25-1 and not getting there due

1st of all neither guy is in the big leagues yet.
2nd of all what somebody had done in the amateurs goes out the window when the headgear comes off. If somebody's amateur career lead to a sponsorship great, and its valuable experience, but at this point Trotter has stopped reitte and gotten a possible KO of the year on Friday Night Fights.
If you were making the analogy that the reward doesn't justify the risk ( like your boy Tyson vs Hayward )that might make sense.

1 month ago you were promoting a Cave/Pascal fight, and now your trying to educate people about boxing.
Good to see you've mastered the concept of weight classes at least.

http://www.theboxingexaminer.com/2011/12/13/trupish-vs-trotter-set-for-january-13-in-calgary/

kamala i agree on the amateurs not having much bearing on things in the pros. i only used that example because trupish style is very well suited for the pros anyway. . i was absolutely coming at it from the risk/reward aspect of boxing, more like the business aspect since that is what it is all about. looks like the fight was just announced. i'm just glad these guys will sort it out, unlike pack man who keeps running.

as for the price vs pascal, there's no real need to promote that anymore because chad dawson will take care of business sometime in the new year. I'd like to see the price get back in action soon. i am a little concerned though because he's getting old so I hope he lands a title fight soon.

well jason i guess its a done deal. who you picking to win this?

No idea but can't wait to see it

I'll make the drive down for sure.

I'm kinda surprised this fight is actially going to happen.
Other than the Walchuk fight I've never really seen Trupish challenged, and trotter is gonna bring it, its going to be one hell of a fight.
Gotta give trotter a hell of a lot of credit, he really believes in himself and he is going after the best he can get, no easy road happening with that guy.
Wish i lived in Calgary, wow.

amen do that. will this bee broadcast on any networks?

big props to janks for walking the walk, and good on trup for taking the fight, I have to favour trup but this is a dangerous fight for him, janks is always in great shape and is a punching machine, adam is a better boxer than given credit for, has good power and good defence, to me I favour trup but I wouldn't put my paycheque on it.

Not sure why Adam would take a fight in some bar in Calgary instead of taking this fight in Edmonton for twice the money and three times the home crowd. Unless the money is crazy?!?! in Calgary, can't see it. Scratching my head on this one but I'll still make the drive down.

Janks is gonna punch adam out within 10 rounds, he's relentless and will make adam look as bad as his trip to the olympics where he got blown out. Bad fight for him

don't think you should base trups skill on his performance at the olympics. he only happened to face the eventual olympic gold medalist... who cares how relentless janks is... hopefully he's getting more "danger pay" with this fight than he did working on the rigs, cuz he's about to get fucccceked up.