Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Who should Amir Khan face next?

I have this as a poll question on my website. Please vote I am interested in seeing who you want Khan to face next.

Re: Who should Amir Khan face next?

Kevin I think to show good sportsmanship,Khan should give Maidana and Prescott rematch's.Bradly would be the obvious choice after those two.It should be interesting how thing's stack after Mayweather /Ortiz and Paquoiao/Marquez are decided.I just read Khan may be going up to 147 soon.that's a whole new can of worm's.

I think he needs to fight eithe Medina or Prescotte as well. He needs to erase all doubt and move forward. He is a good fighter and I'm starting to like him more and more. He still has lots to prove before I'll say he's great.

I would love to see him face Prescott but I dont think that will happen because prescott will lose to mccloskey. How bout a prescott vs Maidana fight and put it on hbo boxing after dark. Remember when that used to mean something. I can recall Tua vs Ibeabuchi and of course the late great Arturro Gatti. Khan looks good and the future is bright with this kid leading the pack.

Antonin Decarie

Antonin Decarie in Montreal would be a big payday for Khan and Golden Boy Promotions.

Re: Antonin Decarie

This winner of the IBF 140 eliminator between Lamont Peterson (28-1-1, 14 KO’s) and Victor Cayo (26-1, 18 KO’s) will be the mandatory challenger for Khan’s IBF belt. "the chances are remote that Khan will choose to keep the IBF belt long enough fight either of these guys because neither of them have much of a fan base whatsoever" source: www.boxingnews24.com

Timothy Bradley dismissed a fight with Amir Khan. “I'm looking for the bigger fights — the Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather fights,” Bradley said. “I've paid my dues, I've done more than anyone at 140. I know there will be a lot of criticism but I'm doing what's best for my career." 26 July 2011 source: http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2011/07/amir-khan-not-in-my-plans-timothy.html

Erik Morales (51-7, 35 KOs) is an option. Khan's trainer Freddie Roach told boxingscene, "Erik Morales was game against Marcos Maidana...but there are better fights out there."

McCloskey meets Prescott in a 140 WBA title-eliminator. "The winner of McCloskey-Prescott is unlikely to get an immediate second crack at Khan." source: Harry Pratt, Jul 20th, 2011, Ring Magazine.

‎On August 27th, 2011, Maidana sets his eyes on 28-year-old Robert Guerrero (29-1-1, 18 KOs). Guerrero has challenged Khan, and Maidana wants a Khan rematch. Whoever wins Maidana-Guerrero will be the most likely and realistic option.

But Maidana-Guerrero could be brutal and the winner may not be ready for a December 2011 Khan fight.

Someone should contact Michael Lombardo, HBO's director of programming and the interim head of HBO Sports about WBA-title challenger Decarie (25-1 with multiple ESPN appearances). It's worth a try and I am guessing HBO and GDP already have strong Quebec relationship.

EMAIL
info@goldenboypromotions.com
or
michael.lombardo@hbo.com and richard.plepler@hbo.com both in charge of HBO programs.

Décarie #7 WBA ranking

Décarie is now rank number seven by the World Boxing Association.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com