Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Tyson Cave Vs. AJ Banal

Does anyone know if this fight can be seen on TV? Also what time?

Thanks

Re: Tyson Cave Vs. AJ Banal

i willput the link on fightnews and facebook

cebu is a real fight city no bull**** likehalifax and the rest of nova scotia i was proud to be a scotian but i got real second thoughts now when they treat u like a real human being here in cebu respect u get here is awesome urs truley the caveman

Here are some links you may be able to watch the fight on

http://cp2pc.t35.com/ click the "Banal vs Cave" Banner.

or look for the fight on Myp2p.eu which streams live international sports.

Thanks Dan. I'll take a look.

A friend told me it's on at 5am Dave, not totally sure, I'll post a link here once I'm watching it too.

dan it is more like 10 or 11 in the morning there is many links on cave vs aj banal on google we luv u hali team cave soon to be team cebu baby

ahh ok, well i might have to watch it on tape delay, all the best Caveman, give em hell...

Does anyone know how Tyson won his fight?

Cave loses title fight in Philippines

By MONTY MOSHER Sports Reporter
Sat, Jul 30 - 12:03 PM

Tyson Cave of Halifax lost his bid for the WBO Asia Pacific bantamweight boxing title Saturday in the Philippines. A.J. (Bazooka) Banal won 78-74, 79-73 and 78-74 on the judges’ scorecards. (TIM KROCHAK / Staff / File)

Tyson Cave worried about getting robbed in the Philippines. He says that’s what happened Saturday.

Hometown favourite A.J. (Bazooka) Banal survived a nasty three-centimetre gash above his eye to defeat Halifax’s Cave for the WBO Asia Pacific bantamweight boxing title.

The 22-year-old Banal retained his belt, improving to 25-1-1, when the fight was stopped in the eighth round due to profuse bleeding. The contest, in the new Hoops Dome in Lapu Lapu City, was slated for 12 rounds.

Banal won 78-74, 79-73 and 78-74 on the judges’ scorecards.

Ring officials ruled Banal’s cut in the fourth round was the product of a head butt, but Cave’s handlers say an overhand right did the damage to Banal and their fighter should have another title belt.

Cave was nearly despondent, his voice a raspy mash-up of rage, indignation and sadness.

He believes he won every round.

“I split him open,” said Cave. “I hit him harder, I hit him more times. He hit me twice. I just don’t understand how they can do this. They promised us this wasn’t going to happen. This was going to be a fair fight. And this isn’t fair. There is nothing fair about this.”

As for the head butt, he said: “If it was a head butt, which it wasn’t, I still won every round. The fight should have been stopped in the fifth round if it was that bad and they let the fight keep going because they knew he had to try to win some rounds.”

He knew there was a danger of getting a raw deal on the road, but he believes this is worse than he could have imagined.

“This s—t has got to stop in boxing,” he said. “I came all over the way over here. I promoted this fight. I could have got a world title shot if I won this. They stole this from me. But I love the country, I love the people and I would love to come back here and fight.”

“Tyson outpunched the guy and out-boxed the guy,” said Robert Cave, Tyson’s father and manager. “And they gave him the decision. I can’t believe it. It was no head butt, it was a punch.

“They aren’t going to let that boy get beat, that’s what it is,” he added. “This guy was sucking wind. He couldn’t handle Tyson’s speed, his punches.”

Trainer Bunny Phillips said Cave should have been a winner.

“Head butt, bull----t,” said Phillips. “Tyson split him open with a right hand. Tyson fought a perfect fight. It was the best I’ve ever seen him look. He won the fight and if he didn’t I’d tell you. He outpunched him and outscored him and he made A.J. miss. It shows me Tyson can hang with any 118-pound fighter in the world.”

The 29-year-old Cave, the owner of the three title belts, is 15-2. Both fighters weighed in at 117.75 pounds on Friday.

The loss ends a five-fight winning streak for Cave that saw him win the WBC Continental Americas super bantamweight title over Nestor Bolum in January.

Banal has won eight in a row.

i watched a few round sof the fight,i thought Tyson did good,but i do not understand why he was trying to put on a show instead of trying to get the W,i never seen Tyson fight before so mayb this is how he is all d time,but idk,could have taken that W home but he could of forsure taken it if he stopped all the show boating

A different take on what happened;

BLOODIED BANAL WINS BY TECHNICAL DECISION

PhilBoxing.com
31 Jul 2011

Lapu-Lapu City – There is a thin line between being entertaining and being irritating. I'm not really sure at what point Tyson Cave crossed the line. But the boos got louder as the fight progressed. Cave tried to get inside AJ Banal's head. He also managed to enrage the thousands in attendance.

The two southpaws played cat and mouse. Cave did more clowning that fighting. He was a slippery customer and Banal had difficulty landing a clean shot.

As the rounds passed, Banal did deliver the harder punches. Cave would turn and get hit in the buttocks. There was holding and pushing and other extra-curricular activites. Referee Tony Pesons had a hard time maintaining order. Cave moved, danced and clinched. What Cave didn't realize was that you don't get points for making the other guy miss. Punches score points.

In the fifth, a clash of heads opened acut on the corner of Banal's right eyebrow. Blood poured out of the wound and Banal continued to press. Wrestling sequences ensued and Banal was thrown to the canvas on several occasions. They traded low blows and the crowd 's jeers got louder. Cave's attempts at offense were few and far in between.

The Bazooka from Ermita tried to fight, the Prince of Hali tried to run and hold. In the 8th, the bleeding got worse and ring physician Dr. Jose Unabia recommended the fight stoppage. The scorecards read 79-73, 78-74 and 78-74 all for Banal who retains his WBO Asia-Pacific bantamweight title.

Insults from the crowd were directed into Cave's corner. One of Cave's gloves was thrown into the crowd apparently by one of his cornermen. Cave wanted the Cebuanos to remember him; this fight sealed his infamy.

Another not so flattering depiction of Tyson Cave;

"The Caveman" Tyson Cave Irritates Fans in Cebu

By Carlos Costa
PhilBoxing.com
Sun, 31 Jul 2011

CEBU, Philippines - Filipino contender AJ "Bazooka" Banal successfully retained his WBO bantamweight Asia-Pacific crown against an obnoxious opponent named Tyson Cave who seemed more like a pathetic clown than a real prize fighter.

Since his arrival in the Philippines, Tyson Cave not only irritated fans with his offensive trash talk, but his antics and dirty ways on the top the ring truly angered the boxing audience who paid to see a clean exciting boxing combat against local kid AJ Banal.

Instead, boxing fans witnessed how boxer Cave, no longer 'The Prince of Hali' but now nicknamed "The Caveman" for his very primitive, vulgar, ignoble and disrespectful ways, played all sort of dirty tricks during his eight round sad rumble with the more serious and pro-like Filipino warrior.

One of Cave's favorite antics was to hold and push Banal towards the canvas as if in a wrestling match.

Another ugly trick was to initiate a disorganized attack with his bald head forward, a dangerous action which opened a severe cut on the right eyebrow of Banal in the early rounds of the combat.

Indeed, Cave was a trash talker and a clown during the press conference and he was a trash fighter above the ring. However, passive referee Tony Pesons did not dare to reprimand "the caveman" nor deduct any point.

In fact, it seems that at times the veteran Tony Pesons lost control of the fight, allowing Cave's ugly unsportsmanlike behavior to dictate the course of the fight. That lack of character from referee Pesons, a former decorated military man, is regrettable.

At the end of the fight, the obnoxious Cave exchange insults with fans. One of Cave's gloves was thrown into the audience as his team declared to the four winds that they have been "robbed" of a victory.

Indeed that ridiculous assertion was totally false.

The scores of the three WBO judges were accurate and reflected what had occurred in the ring.

So obnoxious and irritating was Cave that even after the fight was declared over, AJ Banal wanted to continue fighting so as to teach that guy a lesson.

Of course, AJ's attitude was not the best one either. The fight was already over. However, it's understandable AJ's frustration as he has never seen anything like it. As humans sometimes we feel that there is a limit to this kind of behavior.

But the good kid AJ Banal must try to always keep his cool and calm as the gentleman that he is. As for Tyson "The Caveman" Cave, hopefully he will not be invited to fight in the Philippines ever again.

ANOTHER OPINION:

Philboxing contributing editor, physician and boxing reporter Dr. Rene Bonsubre wrote last night:

"Cave wanted the Cebuanos to remember him; this fight sealed his infamy."

Most fans at ringside could not agree more.

FINAL COMPARISON:

Just last March another Canadian, Steve Claggett, came to fight in the Philippines. Steve fought as a true gladiator. It was a hard fought battle, one that no one who was in the Waterfront could ever forget, and probably the fight of the year 2011 in the Philippines.

In the end, Canadian Steve Clagget of Calgary earned the applause and the admiration of the Filipino boxing fans and scribes.

"Caveman" Tyson Cave is a not even one tenth the brave fighter Steve Clagget was.

Quote: adam connolly
Does anyone know how Tyson won his fight?

Thats optimistic lol.

It is what it is, Bunny knew the realitys of going into fights like this, its never even close to fair, they needed to knock him out to get a draw, but they did it ( took the fight ) anyways.
I guess thats the example of what sponsorship can do for ya, if Tyson had sponsors he'd be flying guys in to lose to him and build up his record.... Its boxing.
In a perfect world it wouldn't be this way, but it is.... You play the hand your dealt.
Fair has nothing to do with anything.

Hopefully he put in a good fight, and this will open some doors for him, or maybe attract somebody to sponsor him.
At least he took the shot at it, he gets my respect for that.

I just watched the whole fight and one thing all these articles fail to put out is all the low blows AJ got away with

'Bazooka' Banal blows Cave away
By NICK GIONGCO
July 31, 2011, 11:37pm
LAPU CITY, Cebu — In a wild and wooly fight, AJ Banal of the Philippines was awarded an eight-round technical decision win over Tyson Cave, a clown from Canada who was masquerading as a boxer before 6,000 screaming fans Saturday night at the new Hoops Dome.

When ring doctor Jose Unabia called a halt to the scheduled 12-round WBO Asia-Pacific bantamweight title fight owing to a hideous cut on Banal’s right eyebrow, he had led on all scorecards (79-73, 78-74 and 78-74).

The wound was caused by an accidental clash of heads in the fifth round and it left the right side of Banal’s face looking like a Halloween mask.

Although Banal could not cope with Cave’s quick feet, he still managed to land some punches and displayed enough aggression to earn the nod of the judges.

Cave’s comic antics early in the fight gave the fans a treat but he later earned the ire of the crowd with his antics as he repeatedly used tactics associated with mixed martial arts. Banal was disgusted with Cave’s showing that he even dared his out-of-this-world foe to a fight even after referee Tony Pesons had ordered a stoppage.

While Cave’s bizarre behavior contributed to the weird outcome of the match, it was Pesons’ mishandling of the bout that proved crucial.

Instead of issuing several warnings to Cave early for making several 360 degree moves, Pesons turned a blind eye on them and his indecisiveness may have given Cave the impression that he could get away with just about everything illegal stuff he could think of doing.

i wonder y these people only see tysons wrong doing the paper thephil.com reporterwas a ass hole from day 1 aj ******* out gut no balls i gentleman they said he only scored points hiting tyson on the leg and ass and balls if u cant see that then u should get a job with thephil.news they hire blind people and ******* moorons

http://iamjammed.com/sports/aj-bazooka-banal-vs-tyson-cave-full-fight-video-july-31-2011/

fight link for those who havent seen it.

Is it just me or is there anyone else having trouble viewing the links that Jordan posted? Seems that the videos are no longer working.

Quote: Ghizmo78
Is it just me or is there anyone else having trouble viewing the links that Jordan posted? Seems that the videos are no longer working.

Just do a google search of aj banal vs tyson cave, theres a million free sites to see it.

hey ghizmo i have had trouble to. TRy this one and click part 5.http://www.phnoy.com/2011/07/pinoy-pride-7-aj-banal-vs-tyson-cave.html

Email  

Thanks Kevin. I watched a different link earlier on.

I am not a Tyson fan and I really expected him to get blown away over there. I just watched the fight and although it was probably the ugliest fight Í have ever watched I think Tyson got robbed. Banal was missing everything and Tysons little love taps were landing. The cut was no doubt from an accidental headbutt. Banal should have lost at least two points for low blows and Tyson should lost a point for wrestling.
It kills me to say it but I scored the fight 78-74 for Tyson. I gave Banal round 1 and round 5, and round 5 could have went either way.

I dont think Tyson was at fault for the wrestling tactics. If you watch Banal he always had Tysons head under his arm pit. Because the ref sucked he never came in to break up these clinches. This caused Tyson to try to stand up. Everytime he stood up Banal would be lifted in the air or lose balance. I dont think Tyson did do anything wrong there. The ref really blew it in this fight too. Worst job I've ever seen.

Yeah, that is a fair argument, slightly biased but fair. Tyson helped him go down more than once you can't argue with that. All the same the ref totally lost control and I agree it was one of the worst reffing jobs ever. How did you score it Ghiz?

i had a hard time scoring this fight. i watched it 4 times and its tough to call it. i dont think the final score reflected the fight. banal was the agressor and threw harder punches and tyson was the boxer and threw/landed more in the fight. banal was lookin for a way out it seemed and so was his corner. the main thing is tyson proved to everyone that he can hang with the best in the world at 118. nobody gave him a chance and im sure banal is still having nightmares about that night. if aj is anything like manny he will want a rematch with tyson before conception b/c he got made a fool of round after round. i would like to see a rematch and i could see tyson stopping banal in the late rounds if banal doestn quit first.

I don't think Banal or his camp will want anything to do with Tyson, Though if a rematch were to occur, I hope it be in Halifax or at least in some form of neutral ground

Yeah I had Tyson ahead as well the cut was definitley from a headbut I felt that Tyson if he was even more agressive could have stopped Banal. Tyson was much quicker and Banal had no answer for Tyson. The lowblows were ridiculous good job from team Cave of keeping there composure. I counted 7 low blows in the first 5 rounds and two of them missed but it was obvious he was aiminglow. I would do whatever I can to get a rematch here in Halifax.Worst referee I have seen in awhile.

Email  

Quote: KINGOFTHERING
Yeah, that is a fair argument, slightly biased but fair. Tyson helped him go down more than once you can't argue with that. All the same the ref totally lost control and I agree it was one of the worst reffing jobs ever. How did you score it Ghiz?

It was a tough fight to score. After 8 rounds it was very close. Banal landed the more meaningful shots with 1 or two big shots during each round. Tyson on the other hand was throwing alot more punched but wasn't landing 80% of them. His jab looked good at times and in the last couple of rounds you could see Tyson picking it up as Banal started to tire. In the 8th round you could see the cut was really bothering Banal. It was a good time to have the fight stopped for Banal because Tyson was starting to land a bit more and his pace was better than Banal's. I would say it was closer to a draw maybe slighly favoring Banal but it could have also gone to Tyson depending on what your looking for. I dont think Banal would have looked so good in the last 4 rounds and Tyson would have dominated in my opinion. He did a great job at frustrating Banal. It definately wasn't a blowout like the judges scored it.

I also think Tyson was way more composed than Banal was. Tyson would have won the last 4 rounds in my opinion. First 8 rounds were so hard to score. Very close rounds but Tyson looked more in control of the tempo and pace.

i would just like ti thank everyone for watching the fight i would love rematch or gauthier i think when i train hard im one of the best 118pd out there hope to see you sept 24 in hfx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: Adam Connolly
I don't think Banal or his camp will want anything to do with Tyson, Though if a rematch were to occur, I hope it be in Halifax or at least in some form of neutral ground

I agree completely but IMHO there is no chance in hell that Banal will fight Tyson or any other threat anywhere other than the Phillipines, unless he has to for instance a title fight.

Tyson could end up with the same problems Gardner had, even if he loses if he moves like that its impossible to look good against him.

For what its worth that was the best Tyson looked in 10 years IMHO, looked like when he was still moving up the ranks as an amatuer.
Banal had no idea what to do with him, he was tired and completely frustrated..... Tyson in shape is a totally different fighter.

I was giving rounds to Tyson because he was busier and was controlling the pace. It was the best I ever saw Tyson look. I never liked Tyson as a fighter or personally, but he earned my respect now. Even his comments on here are more respectful. Props to Tyson for stepping uo to take this fight and for an excellent showing and what I think should have been an easy win. I agreee though there will never be a rematch.

we want to thank the boxing people we went to a country that was a joy to be in the people were great bad ref but thats life tyson fought like a super star thanks back here in canada for all the support see u all in sept robert

Banal won the fight, 8-1 (we score the fights by low blows right? ;) )

Those articles posted, calling Tyson a clown, "The good kid" Aj Banal? Totally ridiculous. That's a major fail at journalism.

Email  

Quote: lol
Banal won the fight, 8-1 (we score the fights by low blows right? ;) )

Those articles posted, calling Tyson a clown, "The good kid" Aj Banal? Totally ridiculous. That's a major fail at journalism.

So why would we think the Judges would be any less biased than the sportswriters over there?

fuc88k them wre moving on to better things 1 fight at 122 then the rest at 118

you'll get the belt at 118 no problem, bring a title fight to hali caveman and let's do this. then what they gonna say?

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com