Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
kimbo slice to make pro boxing debut august 13th

What do you guys think of him making his debut? Personally I think he is the greatest fighter of alltime!

Re: kimbo slice to make pro boxing debut august 13th

I think kimbo should have boxed all along. He would probably made it a lot further. I think he will be exciting to watch. He's a little to old now to go all the way but ill watch his fights for sure. He should jump right into 8 roundf fights and take some tough fights right away. Will be interesting to see.

Just another sideshow attraction like Tye Fields or Butterbean.
He doesn't have the gastank to go more than a four round fight, he doesn't have age on his side either.
Kimbo Slice is the posterboy of hype, made his name beating up nobodys on the etreets and actually made people think he was going somewhere because of it..... First time he fought a trained fighter he got his ass kicked and his people tried to bury the tape.... Even the Thompson fight was a sham, should never have been stopped, but it further exposed Kimbo.
I wish he'd just go away, his boxing career will go nowhere... just like Butterbean or Fields.

Kamala I think kimbos gas tank will be much better in the boxing ring. Mma drains the body much quicker than boxing. When a man is on top of you and you are getting smothered or you simply just lock up with your opponent, then you tire way quicker. I know from my own experience. Kimbo will do just fine in the boxing ring. He will ko a lot of people and be exciting but I'm afraid its just way to late in his career for people to take him serious and not treat this as a circus act. One this is for sure. His fights always excite people, win lose or draw.

I think he's too flat footed and stiff to box. Not to mention his chin and knees are gone, not to mention he's in mid/late 30's.
Gary Shaw is just trying to make a buck, Shaw knew how big of a draw Kimbo was when he ran EliteXC, and he thinks there's more money to be milked from the Kimbo name, and give some exposure to Shaw's stable of fighters if they were on same card.

He's not aiming for a work title, his 1st opponent will be Springfield, Missouri's James Wade (0-1). Like Kamala said, just a freak show.

We shall see. He might be a "Freakshow" but the man can hit with both hands, entertain and can put asses in the seats. Id rather watch his debut than watch Kilichko vs Haye again. You know his fights will end in a KO.

didn't he ko ray mercer?

He traded a few punches with him and it went to the ground. Kimbo put the choke on Mercer and that was it.

Quote: ghizmo78
Kamala I think kimbos gas tank will be much better in the boxing ring. Mma drains the body much quicker than boxing. When a man is on top of you and you are getting smothered or you simply just lock up with your opponent, then you tire way quicker. I know from my own experience. Kimbo will do just fine in the boxing ring. He will ko a lot of people and be exciting but I'm afraid its just way to late in his career for people to take him serious and not treat this as a circus act. One this is for sure. His fights always excite people, win lose or draw.

Yeah, he'll Kayoe a lot of cherry picked bums like Fields or Butterbean..... I've trained in both too, a gas tank is a gas tank IMHO...... If he was good on the ground, he wouldn't gas as bad as he did, just like a good boxer knows how and when to coast a bit, and when to grab a breath.... So you think Kimbo is actually going to get to contender level?
I think he is the most over rated fighter since I don't know when..... Everything he's ever done that was impressive was in a backyard, against a bum off the streets.

Quote: Dan
I think he's too flat footed and stiff to box. Not to mention his chin and knees are gone, not to mention he's in mid/late 30's.
Gary Shaw is just trying to make a buck, Shaw knew how big of a draw Kimbo was when he ran EliteXC, and he thinks there's more money to be milked from the Kimbo name, and give some exposure to Shaw's stable of fighters if they were on same card.

He's not aiming for a work title, his 1st opponent will be Springfield, Missouri's James Wade (0-1). Like Kamala said, just a freak show.

Exactly..... After Shaw was done with him, Dana White had his turn and sold a season of TUF on Kimbo's name..... 100% hype.

No i dont think he will break the top 5 guys but the heavyweight division is really weak. I think he will get some big fights though after compiling up some wins. I think he will fight every month for the first 10 fights if he doesn't get hurt. then get some big money fights. Its kinda sad that this is the state of the heavyweight division but a guy like kimbo will make some noise in my opinion.

Heres Kimbo's pro debut. Not to bad for his first fight in the ring. The guy wasn't in his league but this will happen for the first 10 fights or so. He should fight at least once a month sometimes twice if he can. No need to wast time. He's not gonna get any better or younger so might as well give it a good 3 year run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFquLVEKp0M

I was being sarcastic with the greatest fighter of alltime statement. Look I like Slice and the fact that he once was homeless and has made something of himself is somewhat inspiring. His standup is overrated his fight with James Thompson he hit him with so many flush shots. Thompson is well known in mma circles as a guy with a real glass jaw. He once was knocked out by a jab.He is associated with Shaw again is ridicules. Shaw disgraced mma with telling Petruzelli in elitexc to not take the fight to the ground. What bothers me the most is Allan Green is on the undercard. You know an actual boxer who has paid his dues is on the undercard of a guy making his pro debut. **** I hate Shaw

Email  

Quote: Ghizmo78
Heres Kimbo's pro debut. Not to bad for his first fight in the ring. The guy wasn't in his league but this will happen for the first 10 fights or so. He should fight at least once a month sometimes twice if he can. No need to wast time. He's not gonna get any better or younger so might as well give it a good 3 year run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFquLVEKp0M

It will happen against a guy who is 0-1, hell Tye Fields is like 50-3 or something..... butterbean had a pretty good record too.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com