Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
back in boston

back in traing at lowell with dickey and mickey only the best results can come from this 1 training camp look for a more slick faster harder puncher in tyson were and bye the way sebestion can only duck us for so long were here baby come and get us

Email  
Re: back in boston

I find it so funny reading your posts Mr Caves. Did you ever go to school ? because you cant spell worth a darn. I have a 6 yr old son who laughs at your spelling all the time.

dear english teacher thank u for ur concern as im sure u and ur family enjoy my un educated ass thank for pointing it out have a great day

Email  

very good question "English Teacher", but you never answered scrapman. did you go to school ? or better yet, did you finish ? public or high school ? I'm guessing not from your response. Because most people would have rebutted with a degree or two.

hey we luv u guys so much thanks for caring/i might not spell very good but i count pretty ******* good

Email  

why does it matter if he went to school or graduated?To be a boxer or a athlete you have to have school education now?Why would this matter?The funny thing is all or most of you go and pay to go watch these un educated athletes fight,or pay ppv to watch,so i don't really understand why it is important to know this or to even ask this!

Quote: scrapman/caveman
back in traing at lowell with dickey and mickey only the best results can come from this 1 training camp look for a more slick faster harder puncher in tyson were and bye the way sebestion can only duck us for so long were here baby come and get us

After hayward called you guys out 50 times, after you first called him out, are you really in a position to call anybody a duck?

kamalla as u no tyson is a whole new boxer we can and will call out when were ready stop hating /the kids changed his whole game we will see how far he goes with dickey traing him to the very top i have no doubt so y have u as a boxing person have nothing but negetive words but what ever good luck and god bless fr robert cave

Email  

im to the point that boxing is never going tomake a come back in hali

Email  

fight olivier lontchi

i dont no who u are but he just fought at 135 lbs /tysons 122 may u can fight him and tell me how it was god bless

Email  

haters are losers/but god bless them

Email  

still fightin bums I see

thanks steve wonder u can only see what u want fuc u

Email  

im to the point that boxing is never going tomake a come back in hali

Bout the same time your writing becomes readable.
Lol.
Theres no money in it here, get him a sponsor, take it wherever you have to. Anybody good enough gets a sponsor, get er done.

thanks ghost

Email  

i dont no who u are but he just fought at 135 lbs /tysons 122 may u can fight him and tell me how it was god bless

lontchi actually just fought at 125lb last and 120lb the fight before that

with a 14-1 record..whens the real oponents coming.ppl with 14-1 records shouldnt be fighting no name fighters.whos next?no bull**** talk ...cdn amateur champ with a winning pro record still fighting no bodies..cmon

Quote: quack

lontchi actually just fought at 125lb last and 120lb the fight before that

Yeah, but Lontchi has a winning record lol.

Tyson is content to be the biggest fish in a small pond, prove me wrong.
Johnson got sponsored, Gardner got sponsored, Macintosh was offered a deal.... Tyson went down south and came back with nothing.
30 years old @ 120 lbs is no time to be fighting guys who are 8-9.....

i agree.time is ticking.if you want to make money and do something with your career its time to jump in!

How was Tyson's fight on Saturday?

Quote: Cryin Brains
How was Tyson's fight on Saturday?

Cochrane did a writeup about it today, said Tyson was in shape but there was no obvious change in his style..... basically said same old Tyson, just in better shape.

iwonder if tyson jumped over the moon u people would still find fault it dont matter what he does it is still not fuc666king for u coc77777suckers u make me sick and i hope when he makes it he never fights inthis in gratevell fuc88king town kiss my ass the caveman

Email  

honestly you should think before you speak.people are wondering when hes gonna take the next step.do you honestly think he should be fighting this kind of opposition.NO.Why does he still fight out of halifax when he can be making money.Why is he still fighting guys with terrible records.Your **** talk is immature.People just want to see a fight not a sparring session.Hed have to jump over the moon to be impressive cause theres nothing impressive yet!

iwonder if tyson jumped over the moon u people would still find fault it dont matter what he does it is still not fuc666king for u coc77777suckers u make me sick and i hope when he makes it he never fights inthis in gratevell fuc88king town kiss my ass the caveman

WOW!I was just asking how his fight went.

Mr. Caveman,
You have to chill out. You have to remember that Halifax has a deep history of boxing and their fans may have high expectations or just possibly looking for good competitive fights. You also have to take your father & son cap off, and see things also from a promotors lens, not from a over protective father which is a natural response.
Of course you are always going to have haters but they are not true boxing fans. For instance from your previous show there were many positve responses on here and they were encouraging.
I wish you and those involved much success.
CC

crying brains i am sorry for being so cranky i guess i hoped for mor support in halifax but it is what it is thank u for ur support . we plan to move to hopefully bigger things thanks again the caveman

Email  

thanks cc/ur right

Email  

crying brains i am sorry for being so cranky i guess i hoped for mor support in halifax but it is what it is thank u for ur support . we plan to move to hopefully bigger things thanks again the caveman

No Prob Caveman, goodluck buddy.

read tommorow paper i guess we steped up to the plate

Email  

read tommorow paper i guess we steped up to the plate

Put up or shut up
Cave to test WBO No. 5 Banal
By CHRIS COCHRANE Sports Columnist

The effort to forge a lucrative international career while fighting from Halifax clearly hasn’t been as successful as the Tyson Cave camp had hoped.

Sure, Cave has built an impressive 15-1 record and earned a few modest titles along the way, with the WBC Continental Americas super bantamweight crown being the most prestigious of those.

But Halifax fight fans haven’t embraced Cave as a hometown hit on small-budget shows, and big-money purses haven’t materialized for him at home. And at 29, Cave is running short of time to make his own predictions of international success come true.

The local reaction to Cave’s last win, another one-sided victory over another journeyman fighter, indicates this tired game plan simply isn’t cutting it any longer.

Clearly, something has to change.

That change potentially came this week when slick Philippine sensation A.J. Banal, who has a 24-1-1 pro record and an intimidating 19 knockouts, laid down a challenge to Cave.

Banal, the WBO’s Asian-Pacific bantamweight champion who is ranked fifth in the WBO world rankings, has plenty of world-class experience. He has already fought for the WBA world super flyweight title and was stopped in the 10th round, his only loss as a pro. The only other blemish on his record, a draw, came in his first pro fight.

Cave’s answer to Banal’s challenge was an emphatic yes. He signed a contract Friday for a 12-round bout in the Philippines on July 24, with Banal’s WBO Asian-Pacific bantamweight belt on the line.

This fight will be about much more than a regional title for Cave. Taking on such a highly regarded opponent, in that opponent’s backyard, signals Cave’s coming-out party as a legitimate member of the international boxing elite. Finally, he’s backing up the talk about a willingness to fight with the world’s best in his weight class.

The fight also brings a temporary shuffle in the Cave camp, with veteran Halifax trainer Bunny Phillips taking over as lead trainer from Dick Eklund. Manager Robert Cave said the funds aren’t there for another extended stay at Eklund’s New England training camp, and Eklund is also travelling during much of this training period. Both Caves are happy to work with Phillips and fellow trainer Kelsey Fraser in preparing for this fight.

When it was mentioned to Cave that his opportunity to put up or shut up had arrived, he agreed.

"Yeah, I guess that’s pretty much it," he said Friday. "It’s how good am I? Can I stay in there? The biggest thing is winning the fight. They’re taking me lightly; they’re bringing me over to lose, obviously."

Cave concedes there was considerable debate over whether to take the fight.

"The rest of the camp was wary, they wanted to stay on the track that we’re on. But my patience is getting short. Being a guy from Halifax, Nova Scotia, it’s hard to pass this up. It’s not like I’m (with) Golden Boy Promotions or Top Rank. Those guys can turn down these opportunities."

Actually, this fight makes sense for Cave — more sense than fighting another mediocre boxer in front of a sparse crowd in Halifax. Even a decision loss, coming in Banal’s backyard, could help Cave’s career. Fighting at this level and putting up a solid showing could open more doors internationally.

It seems Cave is already warming up to the underdog role, something he has seldom experienced.

"I think this guy (Banal) picked the wrong guy," he said, uncharacteristically subdued.

what do u think crying

Email  

nice step up in competition,aslong as your doing it because you want this fight though and are ready,don't do it just coz you are getting hasseled by fans or by who ever,

what do u think crying

That's cool. Big fight....You guys must be pumped.

we are going to win thats thatwish us luck because we have the skilll and style to beat this kid we are going to win believe this 1000%

Email  

we are going to win thats thatwish us luck because we have the skilll and style to beat this kid we are going to win believe this 1000%

I dunno Caveman, IF this was a fight in Canada you might have a chance for a decision....... You're not going to win on the cards in the Phillipines.
Tyson is a great, slick guy but he isn't a real big puncher either.
I guess you're going to get some exposure from it, and that can be a good thing, but fights like this have ruined a lot of promising careers.... Ian Gardner most recently.
I give you credit for stepping it up, picking the right guy is hard to do, but going into his backyard I just don't know.
This is a way bigger step up than Kooner, gauthier or casey..... on a whole different level.... I guess you'll know where you stand at least, and the paycheck should be decent.
This shhitt can be a bottomless pit though, I wish you luck.

I just looked this guy up on boxrec, most of his fights have been the phillipines BUT he's knocked out some guys with good records.... And his only loss came against a guy who's only lost to the best.... Donaire, Arce and Montiel.

This is it baby... the fight of your life...now or never...Balls out. Don't worry about what the na sayers say in Hali. All they have done is try to bring you and Tyson down. Train hard and fight harder. All the respect will follow after a great fight.
Kooner, Gauthier, Hayward etc. are way smaller fish now. Get your boy focused on one and one fight only. The fight that will shoot him up the ranks and get him notice in the world. Then he can get paydays with Arce and Donaire.

thank u again crying /we are focused and traing hard .tyson wants this fight bad and im behind him 100% we will go we will fight and we will win nobody can beat tyson but tyson himself and he is not going to let that happen /winning is the foremost thing on our mind we have a plan and we will pervale thank u again robert

Email  

Good luck team cave!

Email  

Sweet! Wish I was in Halifax to give Tyson some sparring, good luck Cavemen!!

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com