Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez

Who cares about this fight anymore? Whe all know Manny will kill this guy, Marguez was done 3 years ago, Manny has to much talent now. He has to stop fighting these has beens like Marguez,Oscar and Surgar and that other target(Antonio Margarito) he beat for twelve rounds.
He needs to start fighting fighters that are going to come w/hunger, going to come strong like Victor Ortiz. Give Victor a chance, he'll come ready to fight and not run like Oscar and Sugar Shane.
Victor Ortiz is you best prospect for Manny...hands down,not Marguez.

Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez

I agree with Manny boxing Ortiz! I think that Ortiz will come to fight he is a warrior and has shown to be in past fights.

I agree-Pac Man has to fight someone that truely wants to win.

Iran Barkley beat Thomas Hearns,Hearns beat Duran then Duran beat Barkley,it is stated many times in boxing,styles make the fight.If anybody deserves a fight with Pacman it is Marquez.As we all know they fought two close fights.Granted I think Pacman is the better guy in the higher weight's,but that does not diminish what happened between them in the ring.I would like to see Manny against Judah,Ortiz or Bradly but that is up to Arum.Just maybe, Marquez has the stuff to make Manny work his hardest,remember they fought two grueling battles,and a lot of anylist's would like to finally get this fight over with,one way or the other.

Marquez won more rounds than Pacquiao on the scorecards in total during their previous fights. Pacquiao scored the knockdowns which were the difference in the outcome. Great match up however i agree this time Pac Man may be to much for the older Marquez. Juan is a warrior though. Ortiz is a big puncher but is made to order for Pacquiao. To hitable. Pac Man will go right through him. Ortiz and Berto was a great fight but I don't think he is ready for (maybe)the best fighter in the world Manny Pacquiao.

I think Pacquiao would destroy Victor Ortiz. There would be fireworks but Pac would definately win in devestating fashion just like he did to Hatton.

The Marquez fight will be his toughest fight in years. Marquez can still fight. Look at his last couple fights. Plus weight wont be a factor. They are both pretty much the same size. It will be a war. I do think however that Pacquiao has gotten better and will win more convinc

Na, Ortiz and Manny will be a great fight, don't even put Hatton and Ortiz in the same sentance. Not even close to the same styles of fihters, come on Ghiz give Victor more credit than that.
As for Margquez, he will always come to fight but fighting Pacman is in the past, Juan is still fighting with the same stlye,heart & grit but Manny is now in a total different class, he's way better. Only real fight fans will enjoy the third fight, nobody else will buy a ticket.
Let the young kids that earn a chance make some money.
Berto was right behind Manny and Mayweather in the rankings and Victor took his best and pounded out the victory...that's who I want to see fight Manny next.

Couldn't agree more Cryin Brains...Ortiz and Pacquiao would be a great fight to watch.I would really like to see Timothy Bradley fight Manny, personally I think that would be a great fight for the fans...

Oh I think Ortiz is way better than Hatton. I never did like Hattons style. The guts he showed in the Berto fight was amazing. Fight of the year in my opinion. I just think he would get KTFO if he fought Pacquiao the same way Hatton did. I just see that being fireworks. I would watch it.

Manny will be fighting Marquez next. Should be a press release within a week or so.

I care for this fight! even i know that PAC-MAN will gonna win the battle against his dark horse JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ. I'm Really excited to see the fight this coming November 12 at the MGM grand and have a VIP Ticket for free. I found this link http://www.gogvm.com/membership/buytickets.php and upon checking the said link i found that i can have a chance to be at the main event for just signing up for $10.

Again Marquez gives Pacman all he can handle .Sometimes fighters just have each others number [Ali,Norton].I just hope they don't fight each other next,these type's of fight's tend to burn both men out.I heard the fight did huge number's,maybe Mayweather will fight Marquez now that he looked vulnerable against Marquez.I feel kind of sad for Marquez three fight's in a row and he lose's again by a hair.Harold Letterman had the fight 116 to 112,I had Manny by one point.

I dont think either one of these guys has each others number. Its all about styles making fights as they say. Pacquiao is a guy who comes in alot so its perfect for Marques to be sucessful against a guy like Pac. Marquez would look bad against a guy like Mayweather though. Doesn't mean Mayweather would destroy Pacquiao. We all know Mayweather has a tough time dealing with very aggressive fighters.

I hate how people now say "If Marquez did this to Pacquiao then think what Mayweather would do" Its a complete roll reversal. When Pacquiao was dominating guys that Mayweather beat people were saying Pacquiao is the best and would beat Mayweather based on his performance. Now that Pacquiao fights a counter fighter who is cautious and all then people say Mayweather would wipe the floor with him. Just not the case. I still think Pacquiao has what it takes to beat Mayweather. And Vise versa. At the end of the day I think Pacquiao was very cautious in this fight as there was alot riding on it. He had to win so he could seal a deal with Mayweather. He didn't wan't to take to many risks like in the first two. Also I wanted to say that when Mayweather fought Marquez I almost fell asleep. All mayweather did was wait and make a natural counter puncher chase him down to try and make a fight. He pretty much jabbed Marquez all night. So boring. Yes he won the rounds but was such a stinker. Im sure Pacquiao could jab and win rounds but its not in him to just win a fight.

Ghiz I agree with you cat,style,s decide the fight.Anyway look at what Pacman did to De Lahoya Mosely and Hatton compared to what Mayweather did,until these two face each other it's still anybody's bet.History tell's us that just because A beat B,and B beat's C,does not mean A can beat C.Ghiz have you ever trained or fought in boxing.

Hey Rick yes I have trained for years. When I was younger I fought in boxing locally and provincially. Not to many amature bouts in boxing though. Then I made the switch over to Tae Kwon Do and trained and competed for years. Now Im back training only in the boxing gym 4 days a week. I actually use to train with your son a bit back in the day and spar with him. You would probably know me to see me I bet. I was at Palookas, Rick Macdonalds and the old Citidal for years. Keep up the good posts. I enjoy reading them.

Ghiz I remember you now ,I thought you might have been around the boxing scene by reading your post's.Great insight,alway's honest and respectful.I'll most likely be seeing you soon at Tyson's gym.Take care cat and i will be looking for your post's.I worked the pad's for you at Rick's gym a couple of time's.You were alway's in great shape.All my best Rick

pacman has finally been exposed for what he is, just another philipohno stationary figher. just like that bum aj banal. put anybody with any technical boxing skill in front of thesee guys and they are useless.
he should stick to singing his love songs at karaoke.

Can't wait for my boy May to embarrass this guy.

Chingy the way you run down Filipino and French Canadian's is nothing short of racial ranting ,please stay off these forum's.What is your real name,let everybody know who the racist is.Seek help

i think regardless how Paq looked in the fight does not mean he is no good, first i think he did look gd but Marquez just made him look not as sharpe, yes i think he lost the fight but come on for anyone to say he is **** is crazy he is a 8 division world champ don't forget that, i am a Floyd fan but give the guy credit,

I dunno, I think styles make fights though so I have to wonder how Pacquio would do against a guy who is probably the best counter puncher in boxing right now?
Marquez himself said post fight that Pac would have a lot of trouble with Mayweathers style.

I really hope it happens, its very rare to see 2 guys at the top and at their peak fight.

Hey Chingy did you watch the fight. I've know you've made comments on here without even watching the fight before. Example was Willy Casey vs Tyson Cave. Anyway Pacquiao was the one moving the whole fight trying to make it happen. He was more cautious this fight I must say as he had alot riding on it. If anyone was stationary it was marquez who stands there and slowly back peddles and picks his moment just as Pacquiao is about to open up with his offensive attack. Marquez will quickly counter and try to stop his attack. Thats what happens when a really offensive fighter fights a good counter fighter. Look at Marco Antonio Barerra vs. Junior Jones. Perfect. Styles make fights. Barerra was a much better figher overall but Junior Jones's counter style made Barerra look bad.

Wow thinking back on that fight though......watching it live on TV was a great. Very entertaining fight. Watch both if you haven't seen them.