Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Diaz vs Lacy

First off Lacy would not have gotten the offer when he was at his best ,James Tony was at his worst against Captain America.If you are going to put a MMA star against a boxer ,put him in against a live boxer,someone who is near his prime.Could you a imagine Diaz against Chad Dawson.Anyway Dana White in my opinion is trying to downplay boxing and showboating his MMA stars against boxers who have been through the ringer.Ray Mercer snuffed Silvia with one shot it goes to show be careful what you do with old boxers, they may end up biting you.I like Jon Jones, Silva ,Saint Pierre,BJ Penn and many other MMA stars just not a fan of Dana White.I'm going with Lacy anyway Diaz is not a boxer,and when he gets hit by Left Hook Lacy I get the sense he will do the Tim Silva Shuffle.Peace out.

Re: Diaz vs Lacy

agreed

Diaz has nothing to do with the UFC or Dana White. He is with Strikeforce in MMA, and with Chargin Promotions for boxing. He had a clause in his contract where he can compete in both sports. As previously mentioned a shot Lacy will still beat Diaz in a boxing match.

Punchy I'm not up on the promotional side of MMA,I thought by now Dana and his backer's would have the monopoly on MMA,its good to see they still have competition.I still got Lacy winning ,as you have.IN many cities around the world[Montreal]they both exist,MMA and boxing.I think we can have the two ,there is no need to downplay either one.

I dont know why they even put on these stupic matchups. Its pointless and proves nothing. Its like taking a hockey player and putting him on a football team and asking him to compete. Yes hes a professional athleat but no he can't compete on the same level. Same with MMA guys and boxers. You take brock lesner and put him in with a Klitchko and he gets 100% KO'd in the first round. Klitchko in the mma ring with Brock and he gets grounded and pounded. The only advantage a boxer has is he has a punchers chance in MMA. I think a boxer would transition better over to mma then an mma fighter would to boxing.

Agreed 100% couldnt of said it better

Quote: Ghizmo78
I dont know why they even put on these stupic matchups. Its pointless and proves nothing. Its like taking a hockey player and putting him on a football team and asking him to compete. Yes hes a professional athleat but no he can't compete on the same level. Same with MMA guys and boxers. You take brock lesner and put him in with a Klitchko and he gets 100% KO'd in the first round. Klitchko in the mma ring with Brock and he gets grounded and pounded. The only advantage a boxer has is he has a punchers chance in MMA. I think a boxer would transition better over to mma then an mma fighter would to boxing.

Its not pointless to Dana White, his whole purpose for doing stuff like this is to portray MMA as superior to boxing.. Not unlike when Arum did the interview where he said all MMA guys were failed Boxers, and compared MMA fighters to homosexuals...... I totally agree with you though, its two different sports that require different skills.... Not really sure which would be the easier transition, probably depends on the individual..... IMHO a wrestling base in a must though, even for a MMA striker. Liddell was thought of as a striker, but his takedown defence and wrestling ability allowed him to strike IMHO.

Diaz fights for Strikeforce but guess who bought strikeforce about a month ago Punchy?

Good post rick, always enjoy your take on things.... I agree Toney was at his worst, and what worse matchup than against a world class wrestler.... Funniest thing is Toney got a million dollar payday, Lesner was the highest paid UFC guy at 400k guaranteed win or lose...... Don King has nothing on Dana white lol, not a publicly traded company so we will never know the profits, but do the math..... usually around a million buys @ $50, and the gate usually covers the fighters purses..... the skydome UFC had around a 12 million gate..... not to mention the merchandising, TV deals etc etc..... easily around a billion dollars a year gross IMHO.

UFC and Zuffa purchased strikeforce. Dana White has already stated that he was going to talk to Nick about NOT boxing. Diaz is said to be frustrated with the lack of talent he was fighting in strikforce as well as being underpaid. Word has it, Nick vs GSP is next on tap, so he'll see his big payday as well as fighting the best. Dana White is the type of go getter that gets his way, so I would be shocked if Nick ends up between the ropes rather than the cage at least at the present time.

Adam you could be right. You guys ask why guys like Diaz are boxing it is because of name recognition. Don Chargin is a boxing promoter and he could probably sell more tickets putting on a Latino MMA star in southern Cal than he could with any boxer. I am hardcore boxing fan dont get me wrong, but the fact is outside of Mayweather and Pacquacio no one knows what going on with the sport,"general sports fan. However, you ask the average sports guy about MMA they could rattle off 10 names and who they fought etc. Promoters like Bob Arum and HBO have killed the sport making it only a niche market.

Quote: Adam Connolly
UFC and Zuffa purchased strikeforce. Dana White has already stated that he was going to talk to Nick about NOT boxing. Diaz is said to be frustrated with the lack of talent he was fighting in strikforce as well as being underpaid. Word has it, Nick vs GSP is next on tap, so he'll see his big payday as well as fighting the best. Dana White is the type of go getter that gets his way, so I would be shocked if Nick ends up between the ropes rather than the cage at least at the present time.

I guess if consider 100k a big payday it would be a good move for Diaz..... I'm not sure if I'd call Dana White a go getter, more like a parasitic shark with an absolute monopoly on MMA.
IF Diaz has it in him, and is looking for bucks, boxing would be the way to go..........

Kamala I'm on the same page you are,Dana White is a parasite.It seem's he and his backer's are trying to get the monopoly in MMA,that will give Dana total sway over his fighters.That kind of power no sport needs.I can't stand arrogance,and he comes acroos as an self ritious ************. Pascal and Hopkins on the weekend should be interesting .

Quote: R Payne
Kamala I'm on the same page you are,Dana White is a parasite.It seem's he and his backer's are trying to get the monopoly in MMA,that will give Dana total sway over his fighters.That kind of power no sport needs.I can't stand arrogance,and he comes acroos as an self ritious ************. Pascal and Hopkins on the weekend should be interesting .

Yeah I agree, any time another MMA promotion starts to get some momentum going the UFC buys them out, its happened 3 times now with Pride, the WEC and now Strikeforce...... IMHO Strikeforce was starting to build a decent roster.
Dana has total sway, over what they make, who they fight, where and when they fight, even what they can endorse... King has nothing on him.

Pascal/Hopkins should be a great fight, lots of bad blood there and an interesting style matchup.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Cheap Domains