Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
edmonton fight card april 8th.

what do you guys think, I think it's a pretty decent card.

I predict douglas,coveney,rolls,andre,frank and bradford win.

Ryan Henney SC Jason Douglas 10
Rory Coveney SC Kye Sabo 4
Paul Bzdel SC Steve Rolls 4
Jorge Ravanal Jr SC Jonathan Andre 4
Nick Dragich SC Kevin Frank 4
Vanessa Bradford SC Natasha Spence 4x2

Re: edmonton fight card april 8th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGEzmEu2RyA&feature=player_embedded#at=352

I have also heard that ryan ford will be fighting on the card, but there is nothing as of yet on boxrec.

ok so I will give the results and a brief story on each fight.

first vanessa bradford vs natasha spence,vanessa won the first round and maybe the second and spence the third and fourth, it was ruled a draw and that's how I seen it or you could have given it to spence depending on how you scored the second round,one judge gave all 4 rounds to spence which was rediculous.

jonathan andre vs jorge ravanal-andre definantely won the first round and the second and scored a knockdown in the second,but jorge battled back to win at least 1 or maybe 2 of the last 2 rounds,the judges had it right andre won,I expect to see a rematch as this was a pretty entertaining fight.

the third fight was the heavyweights,it lasted about a minute til dragitch tkoéd frank, frank looked sloppy and in poor shape,dragitch looked like brock lesner, frank looked like foreman in his comeback.

fourth was bzdel vs rolls, while rolls dominated the fight as most expected I have to give props to bzdel as one tough and gritty guy, he may have even won 1 of the rounds,the scores were unanamous 40-36 across for rolls.

next was coveny vs sabo, rory dominated the fight against an inexperienced sabo,if rory had more power he definantely would have stopped him,boring fight not worthy of semi main event status.

and the main event-I don't even know what to say douglas got to without the lube, he should check his wallet on the way out of the shaw cause he was absolutely robbed tonight,douglas won 8 or 9 of the rounds and hit henney with so many clean hard shots it was hard to watch,I give credit to henney for taking them I thought it was a matter of time til he fell but he never did,douglas beat him badly with about 10 clean hard shots every round,he couldn't miss an overhand right if he wanted too, and ryan took them all,I sure hope henney has a second career going because he don't have much time left in boxing at this rate,a man can only take so much punishment,he reminded me of rocky balboa tonight minus the comebacks at the end,I have never seen a worse decision they took 2 points from douglas and he still should have won the fight by at least 97-91 minimum96-92 if you were being generous,great fight but another black eye for boxing in edmonton the judging here is terrible.

It was a close fight. Douglas should of been called on many calls. Head butts, elbowing, what ever he could find.
If you ask me I would of DQ'd Douglas early in the fight for elbowing. When Jason sat down on his punches he could realy let them rip, but when he got tired he threw elbows and head butted ended up taking big shots.
There were alot of rounds where Henney rallied back in the final seconds with big shots to win the round.
Ref did a great job and the Judges were right on. Tough fight to call, can't wait for the rematch

Cryin Brains
It was a close fight. Douglas should of been called on many calls. Head butts, elbowing, what ever he could find.
If you ask me I would of DQ'd Douglas early in the fight for elbowing. When Jason sat down on his punches he could realy let them rip, but when he got tired he threw elbows and head butted ended up taking big shots.
There were alot of rounds where Henney rallied back in the final seconds with big shots to win the round.
Ref did a great job and the Judges were right on. Tough fight to call, can't wait for the rematch

im not sure what fight you were watching but the one I seen was dominated by douglas, henney didn't land many meaningful punches in the fight and douglas made sweat spray from henneys head a couple times a round,the fight wasn't even close 1 guy was landing all the meaningful/hurtful punches and the other guy wasn't,henney was moving forward and eating shots all night I couldn't give him more than 2 rounds, and as far as the dirty stuff goes that has nothing to do with it. I call the fight and if the ref takes points away then I account for that, I guess everybody else will see when it comes on tv sometime this week.