Full steam ahead: An opponent swap doesn't mean a change of course for Marco "Captain" Huck
Cruiserweight titlist Marco Huck's sixth defense was supposed to come against former titlist Giacobbe Fragomeni until he pulled out last week because of an injury and was replaced by Philadelphia-based Israeli Ran Nakash (25-0, 18 KOs).
Despite the short notice of a new opponent, Huck (31-1, 23 KOs) said he will still be ready come their fight Saturday in Halle, Germany.
"That was an awkward situation, but as a professional, you have to be able to deal with it," Huck said of the change. "It's nothing new for me. It happened before my fight against Frantisek Kasanic, who got called up on very short notice. That does not mean that this is going to be a walk in the park -- much on the contrary.
"Against Kasanic, I broke my jaw but still defeated him. I must not underestimate Nakash. He has been in full training, and he is undefeated. These kind of boxers are highly motivated and just waiting for their chance. To leave the ring… CLICK WEBSITE LINK FOR FULL INTERVIEW