Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

Forum: FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
The Shaw Festival. This is how you do business?

My son Tony Luis was slated to fight at the Shaw Festival Tuesday March 29th. He was scheduled to box Daniel Canerito Ruiz who is 20-3. Tony is 11-0 and a top rated lightweight in Canada. Thought we had a deal...Assumed everything was good. Show promotor Jim Gentles ignored my phone calls for 2 weeks. Jim Gentles never sent me or our promotor a valid contract. We all know the commission in Ontario is difficult and Ken Hayashi will not approve any match. I think it was quite reasonable to ask for 6000$$ to match a good kid against a quality fighter with a winning record for 8 rounds. Expect a kid to fight hard fights with quality guys for quality fights for a couple few grand??? Jim You did not even have the courage to tell me directly . Even Yvon Michel did not know our promotor. No Class.

Well Tony Luis will step up but not for peanuts. The risk has to match the reward.And This Shaw Festival makes Money. Instead I had to hear through the grapevine and read on the internet Tony was canceled. His Mexican Opponent had his flight booked and his visa. Jim Gentles you have NO RESPECT for fighters.And your gutless and sneaky and underhanded.You never sent the contract. You held out for a better deal.. I hope the other fighters on the show like Adam Trupish , Ibrahim Kamal, Andre Gorges....Hope you boys get paid. Because if you don't. Somebody is getting paid. Because its $$600$$ a ticket and the show is SOLD out.Jim Gentles showed no ethics and a general lack of class. All fighters BEWARE!!

Tony Luis was ready, willing and able to fight We want all fight fans across the country to know.We were told one thing and handed another.Looks good on the Shaw Festival. Its all for charity right? Well maybe Jim and others like him can fight tough guys for free.Hey its all for charity.

Re: The Shaw Festival. This is how you do business?

Well said Mr. Luis.
Your comments do boxing in Canada a great service both for fighters and their managers.

Having a bit of history with the Shaw myself,since Vince Bagnato moved on,all aspects in regards to the matchmaking have become unprofessional and profit and ego driven.Sad state of affairs its become.

Re: The Shaw Festival. This is how you do business?

Quote: endswell
Well said Mr. Luis.
Your comments do boxing in Canada a great service both for fighters and their managers.

Having a bit of history with the Shaw myself,since Vince Bagnato moved on,all aspects in regards to the matchmaking have become unprofessional and profit and ego driven.Sad state of affairs its become.

since Bagnato was gone, and this clown has been doing the matching, the Shaw will never have the same classic fights it once did.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting