Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
may wbc title defence

we hope to have a 4 card pro am card in the last week of may tell me some matchs u would like to have the caveman

Re: may wbc title defence

Hey caveman when are you going to get a website promoting your fighters?

On the amature side I think you should bring in some of our Canada Games winners. Baby J Jason Downey just won a gold for NS. Taylor Gordon just won a silver. And there was a kid from PEI who everyone just loved. Im not sure his name but he was good. He also won gold. Also Joey Laviollet. On the pro side, It would be nice to see Jordan Clark fight. Craig Hillier as well. Important thing is to keep making the level of competition tougher each time out for Tyson. Should be a good show and good luck.

kevin tell me how to set up website im new to this coumptor ****

I would be more than willing to help you email me at kevin-nelson@hotmail.com

Definately Jason Downey,Cyrus Talor is the type of amateur who could eventually make a good pro,Whitman the heavy weight, the light heavy from PEI is a brawler and crowd pleaser. Try to match up some local pro talent against the New Brunswick boxers.

on second thought it will be difficult to find suitable opponents for these young boxers w/o bringing in amateurs from outside the region. Jason Downey is only 15 and it is important that he has the opportuity to develop to his true potential which I beleive is great.

Well John they might as well invite other teams from other provinces. Back when I was Jason Downeys age local shows would have amature fighters invited from NB and NFLD. Jason Downey can fight at any teenager in Canada. He is on that level so it would be great development for him. If not get him a senior boxer and give him an exibition. But to grow the sport in Halifax we need to keep guys like this active in our hometown.

I remember the days when the Gordons would fly in Cuba's national amature team. Man that was good boxing.

I agree...Marine Team, Army, Ireland & England, Quebec and Ontario as well.

I don't think that Cave has those kind of sponsors, unfortunately times have changed.

I personally think the large attendance at the forum last week was a result of the weeklong hype. Lots of writeups on Downey and Gordon, etc. Many of those in attendance weren't real boxing fans. Maybe they would come back if our boxing finalists were lined up against a good outside team? But who's going to gamble on that?

Here's my take on how we could get over 5000 fans at the fourm and why there was 5500 peopel watching at the amature boxing event last week. Ticket prices were $10 bucks. That was the perfect price. People arn't gonna pay $40 bucks, 5.50 for drinks, get cabs, and food all in one night. At the end of the day thats over $100 bucks to go out and watch the fights Caveman is putting on. Tyson Cave in my opinion is worth the money but every other fight is not. Caveman should put on a show and sell rush for no more than 20 bucks. $15 would be ideal. If you do the math thats $15,000 for every 1000 people who attend. People would flock to see the fights at that price and Caveman would fill their pockets all the way to the bank. Lets not forget the tables could be sold for a higher premium as well. They could easily make $75,000 on a show with 3 pro fights and 7 amature bouts. If priced right people will come. I've heard so many times that from the casual fan that its to much money to pay to see a night of boxing. I dont think it has to do with the media coverage. Just my take.

dave ur a great guy but try putting on a show on 15 dollar tickets u might be able to get a couple of crack heads toe toe any thing else forget it but thanks for the support

I know what your sayin Robert. It is a tough business and its easy for guys like me to think up an idea and think that it would work. I know as you mentioned on here before that ther are lots of costs involved. Im just dreaming of a bigger picture down the road. If boxing is going to grow in Halifax and move to a bigger venue then the price of rush tickets in my opinion has to be lowered based on the types of fights being showcased. Id rather see 4000 fans show up paying 15 bucks a ticket than see 1000 fans show up paying 40 bucks a ticket. It gets people talkin and the atmosphere is much better and the hype builds. Plus in the long run thats how it grows. Trust me I've heard of so many people ask me when I try to round up a group of people to go watch the shows you put on and they say how much? Thats always the first words out of their mouth. When I tell them the price they always say way to much money. If it was 15 to 20 bucks for a rush ticket I could probably round up 20 guys minimum to show up at the forum. Im sure there are lots of others that would show up as well. Tyson deserves ever dollar he fights his butt off for. I hope he goes all the way too. I also respect what your doing Robert and it takes alot of balls to do what your doing. All the best and I can't wait for your next show. Keep doing what your doing.