Return to Website

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message or comment.

FightNews Canada Boxing Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Hershey Card

I'm thinking the Vargas Brosche fight will be the fight of the night - though experience doesent match up with the other fights - both these guys never won any lady bing awards I'm sure..both tuff gritty desperate scrapers willing to do anything to win they are going to try to kill eachother...I like Vargas in a late round stop - he is going to surprise a lot of people Sat and will be his best performance to date.
At a glance McGuinnes may look in tuff or soft depending if ur afan or not...fact is his guy is coming to fight has lots of experience and may be long in the tooth, however McGuInness I think will handle his business proper..he will be busier stronger and mote determined fighter..unanimously.
Lupo is being counted out by many but the word is he is training harder tgan ever and is looking to Whitter to be rusty and the talk of him
Looking past Lupo will be his undoing...one thing you can be sure of there is no quit in Lupo - the man is an animal in the ring!
I like Victor in a close one

Re: The Hershey Card

your right broch vs vargas should be a good fight. both tough guys. i wish them both luck and i would like to fight the winner in april or may if they are willing.

Ho many pro fights you had bro?

Best advice I have
Hennessey checks in here in Adam Harris
Johson does too
Thing is, your record has to be good I'm sure,anything less would be a backstep - I mean the winner is Canadian Champ.
Either way best of luck

Have Jordan talk to Bunny Phillips, Bunny will make the deal.

tebor is 6-3-4
vargas 7-0
my record 4-1-2

a step back idt so. tebor hasnt the greatest record but out of the two has fought the tougher competition by far. like i said i would like to fight the winner so let's see what happens.

I like it Jordan!!

I think the logical progression would be to fight the loser (which will be Tebor) and should you win..then you get at the winner bro.
There is a Canadian Title involved in this fight - that Doesent mean that their will be later some fighters don't mind winning belts defending them is another story.

My advice Jordan
Get some exposure states side
If u wanna be big - think big
100 words - management

J Clarke
your right broch vs vargas should be a good fight. both tough guys. i wish them both luck and i would like to fight the winner in april or may if they are willing.

Jordan

How could you ask to fight a 147 Lbs when you're at 160 Lbs

Jordan's is a natural welterweight,when he fought for me he never fought over 151 as a pro.At 147 Jordan has the style to give anybody trouble.Jordan hit's a lot harder then he is given credit for .He has fast hands and very fast leg's. His last 3 fight,s he had a bum leg and fought 3 division's above his fight weight.I did not work those fight,s with Jordan,as I stated Jordan at welterweight is no joke.I am in contact with Jordan and will be training him soon again,get him down to welter and hopefully rack up some win,s .I,m a trainer /coach I don't put to much thought into managing ,as stated he need,s serious management that looks out for him.

Anther loss woukd be devastating - be very careful in my opinion - I think Brosch or Vargas is risky..
MHO..he needs some spoonfeeding first, no disrespect but all the great fighters are looked after closely and slowly ..., there is a lot of managers out there who are in it for themselves to get as much a percentage as they can,there are armchair managers who field phonecalls and know zilch about the sport and or matching up fights.

Styles make fights..and ideally a paid matchmaker is always advisable but a good manager is mostly about the contacts they have in their books - and or favors owed to them ...that or money to spend on the right opponents..anything less is not only a waste of blood and sweat but career suicide.

There is no way he should be fighting that heavy or unhealthy if a career is what the kid wants this is most defiantly not prudent.
He needs to smash a few guys with no chin to start, confidence is everything man and hes already lost one in his first 7 not good..then some tuffer guys to hang around
No offense J but Brosche and Vargas do not rest under that blanket, they are both gritty tuff hungry guys who will try to murder u..I know your hungry bro but find a good Chef who knows how to set the table for the long haul..just an opinion bro
All my best..

Earl you make a great point ,thats why responsible manament is a must.Jordan got the tools, but as you mentioned the fight world is full of rugged and talented boxers.Some managers first concern is their own pockets,and some do care.Canada is becoming a world class nation when it comes to boxing{Moliter,Pascal ,Bute and Lemieux]I would not take anybody with a decent record for granted,not in winterwonderland.I appreciate your words.

Earl u seem like a really good guy and you deff know the politics of the game. im a competitive person and this is a competitive sport so i am still callin out the winner of this fight. whether they want it or not is a diff story. these guys are gritty like u said and are gonna come out swinging to kill just like every other opponent i have faced amateur or pro. the welterweight division is a lot deeper than these two guys.(just in canada u got kevin bizier, andre georges,mikeal zewski and antonin decarie etc) so if i cant compete with broche/vargas then i midas well hang em up. i appreciate your input and takin the time to comment on it. I think Vargas is overated and there is a lot of hype around him so im gonna take tebor in this fight. tebor has been in with the tougher guys and i think he will work hard and pull out a decision as long as everything is fair and the politics dont screw him. thanks again earl.

I hear ya Jordon, But get 110% serious , You have God given talent and need that Gut wrenching work,Running,and not just 5mile runs, Agility runs, Hill runs ,Stairs,technical sparring,Full out sparring,Strength conditioning circuits with emphasis on 3 min rd's with 50 sec break inbetween !!! Then there is no dobt in your mind when you step in that ring and you know you can go full out for what ever comes your way. Good Luck Jordon, " You can do it "

Sammy may start a lil slow in this fight but comethe middle rounds, his conditioning and his desire will start to wear Brosche down..Sam has become very skilled in a short amount of time..his knowledge of his range will be the determining factor inl this fight I believe,and in the later rounds..he will stop Tebor (IMHO)
We will see..

Also..best of luck in the future Jordan
Your one of many young cats who are growing the sport we all love here..!

Jordan you willing to move to Ontario or Quebec?

big t and earl thanks a lot for your input it is geatly appreciated. big t i know what u mean and i have to put in 100% or retire b/c its not a sport u can come 60% ready for. i have made that mistake a few times and not gonna happen again. thanks a lot again.

bobby boucher
anything is possible so well see what happens in the near future. thanks

Jordan! Get in shape fatty...lol If you trained as much as your are on this site, You be in the best shape ever and maybe even fight at 147lbs..lol Just saying. PEACE!

i guess the boys battled to a draw. Earl did u see the fight? if so how did u feel with the outcome?

Was a solid scrap bro

I seen the first three to Brosche next three to Vargas, then Vargas in the seventh then Tibor in the eigth...the ninth was anyones which in the judges eyes put Tibor up by one however in the tenth Vargas really put it on Brosche bro, I feel good enough to win the fight. Tibor boxed efffectively from the outside at times though had Vargas had even stole a round or two early on - he wins easily
I'm sure they will go at it again..and it will be worth the money..hats off to these two kids,great job.
This as I predicted was the most action packed fight on the card..
McGuinness dispatched of his guy with very little difficulty, it could be said he carried his guy some - it looked that easy dispatching him.
Whitter was absolutely abhorred..
Happy for Vic Lupo..
A true warrior
The two kids (Cooke and Kamal)looked sharp in their debuts.
Keep your eye on that Kamal kid, he is going to be special!

Imho

Honestly, I saw Clarke in the amateurs. Wasn't a world beater but you can't convince me that he is not more skilled than tebor or Vargas. They r tougher, especially tebor, but Clarke is the more skilled pugilist. Just maybe not as dedicated and not in as opportune province??
Also, the kamal young man. He did win and did well, but for a young man with so much hype I was very dissapointed. I do not Belive in the pros he will be as successful as they make out. Unless he is unbearably spoonfed for some time. But we will see.